The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:32:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradley Johnson

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradley Johnson  (Read 3796 times)
nathan r

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 01, 2011, 13:51:39 pm »

Has signed a three year deal with Norwich!  So they now have two ex cobblers, the other being Morrison.

It's a shame that he was out of contract, as no doubt we would have got a percentage of the fee if there had been one.

But it's good to see ex cobblers playing in the prem and good luck to them both.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 13:56:19 pm by nathan r » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 13:54:37 pm »

I remember some of our fans thinking we had ripped off Leeds with £250k. Shows how much they knew Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 13:54:56 pm »

Has signed a three year deal with Norwich!  So they now have two ex cobblers, the other being Morrison.

It's a shame that we was out of contract as no doubt we would have got a percentage of the fee if it had of been one.

But it's good to see ex cobblers playing in the prem and good luck to them both.

Here here! - Both taken completely different routes to get there, but get there they have. Good luck to them both.
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 14:58:41 pm »

I remember some of our fans thinking we had ripped off Leeds with £250k. Shows how much they knew Roll Eyes

If anyone thought that, they were stupid! Just a shame we couldnt keep hol dof our better players. Could be challenging P'boro right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
cobbler56

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 22:36:00 pm »

Hang on. So leeds have got fuck all for him yet for some reason we did badly when we sold him? What are you saying, we should have kept him another year and then got fuck all ourselves?  Roll Eyes

I reckon it was good business. He would never have signed an extention with us.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:54:32 am »

Definitely undersold.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler56

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:18:27 am »

Definitely undersold.

Come on then cleverclogs, you tell us how you would have got more. Just remember, as every day passed, Bradley got a day closer to being a free agent.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:21 am »

Come on then cleverclogs, you tell us how you would have got more. Just remember, as every day passed, Bradley got a day closer to being a free agent.

I'm pretty sure that BJ was also under 24 at the time so we would have got something...

I agree with Steve with this one. Looking back on it, we sold BJ for a lot less than he was truly worth in my opinion
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
cobbler56

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 09:39:31 am »

So I'll ask again, how would you have got more?
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:34:44 am »

Well done Bradley J
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:24 am »

Its an opinion I'm entitled to have. I don't have to know how to sell a player. Your opinion is that 250k was fair. That's fine. No dramas. Except you want me and Steve Riches to tell you how we would negotiate a deal to sell a player. Impossible. Grow a brain
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest48

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 11:04:57 am »

He was only 20 or 21 with well over 100 league appearances , if he had stayed to the end of his contract he would have had nearly 200 league appearances to his name , he would also improved the more he played ,so there would probably been more clubs interested in him. Even it it went to a tribuneral i'm pretty sure we would have got more than £250,000. Part of the way to get a better price is to say we want £1 million for him then the tribuneral would probably value him at around £600,000, thats what Fat Barry from along the river does !!
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 11:22:03 am »

Not a Premiership player. Talking to Leeds fans he's still just as brainless as he was. A workhouse with a cannon of a left foot, but little creativity or intelligence in his play.

Norwich seem to have a knack of getting the best out of average players so we'll see, but I reckon he'll be nothing more than a squad player. The lower reaches of the Championship is his level.

Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 11:22:33 am »

When have we ever sold a player for their true market value.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 11:23:30 am »

When have we ever sold a player for their true market value.

Billy Turley.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
cobbler56

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 11:24:23 am »

Its an opinion I'm entitled to have. I don't have to know how to sell a player. Your opinion is that 250k was fair. That's fine. No dramas. Except you want me and Steve Riches to tell you how we would negotiate a deal to sell a player. Impossible. Grow a brain

For a start, don't be rude, there's no need.

Cardoza is a business man. He made a business decision. He had all the facts to hand. I'm sure he took lots of things into consideration, including what Bradley Johnson wanted. I'm also sure he would have taken advice of the valuation of the player. He obviously though the deal was acceptable. He could have gambled and held on to what would probably been a very unhappy player and maybe he might of got more. By the same token Johnson may have sulked and his value could have dropped or he may have sustained a serious injury and be worth nothing. He might also have been snapped up by a Scottish side (like Giles Coke did) and we could have ended up with nothing!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, with it you can make the perfect decision every time. Carodza made his decision without the benefit of hindsight and as none of us will ever know what would have happened had Bradley been forced to stay we'll have to leave it at that.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 11:37:27 am »

Billy Turley.

Spilly Turley, you mean? How much did he go for? I can't remember, i'm reading £100k.... Still, rare for us to get the better end of the deal.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:08 am »

100k is how I remember it  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »

£100k! ...They wanna be careful, they'll end up out of business, oOhh...  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 12:50:27 pm »

Hang on. So leeds have got fuck all for him yet for some reason we did badly when we sold him? What are you saying, we should have kept him another year and then got fuck all ourselves?  Roll Eyes

I reckon it was good business. He would never have signed an extention with us.
Christ you talk some rubbish.

It's all about talking your players up like them lot do down in the Fens.  If Pish had had Brad they would have got £750k for him in the exact same situation. You have to create an environment where you big your players up so much that the value goes up without hardly any work. At least it is something GJ is wary to, having bigged Crackers up on TalkSport a few days ago. This is something that we badly missed during our 'golden' year when we had clubs sniffing for Chambers, Bunn, Johnson, Crowe ect. The transfer market had gone crazy, yet we seemed stuck in the dark ages.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: