The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 18:11:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Westwood Signs

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westwood Signs  (Read 12363 times)
TheBigPicture

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 16:26:29 pm »

Ah right, my mistake, thought GJ said on the radio after Wycombe that he was initially going to be here for a month for free.

I don't think you was alone in thinking that. It was GJ's way of justifying his reason for bringing in a crocked player.
Report Spam   Logged
Moulton Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 16:27:14 pm »

How many games in before he gets injured? Remain very unconvinced on this one, it just brings it home how far we've declined in recent seasons.

Totally agree, can see it now.  Westy comes on to replace injured CB only to need replacing himself a few minutes later, leaving us in the brown stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
Dillywangers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 16:27:56 pm »

Can't believe we haven't signed Vidic. f***s sake what a disgrace. f***ing joke.

Cardoza out.

You lot are a joke.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 16:30:23 pm »

We could sign Messi and people would still find one reason or another to cry about it. It's not as if he's a first choice marquee signing, why are people getting worked up about it?
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 16:30:49 pm »

Who else would you sign instead? Experienced centre backs available for pittance, name them?

He's a back up player so won't be playing enough to get injured.

What you fail to grasp is GJ should of made a priority of signing a good solid experienced pro at this level, before he spent the budget at the other end of the field, it was obvious to many of us where we needed strengthening in the summer - yet we get a last minute stop gap signing, it leaves you alittle bit frustrated to say the least, lets hope to come off for GJ's sake.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 16:31:39 pm »

We really have come full circle back to about 2004, when the Cardozas were last chucking cash at us to get us out of this division and we were signing...err...Ashley Westwood.

Exactly nut.
Report Spam   Logged
Dillywangers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 16:34:06 pm »

How is it a last minute stop gap, he is cover in case our first choice centre backs get injured. Which is fair enough. Some people prefer experienced players, other prefer younger players. It isn't me failing to grasp it, it is different opinions. I personally think our centre backs are absolutely fine, if you'd rather have someone like Guy Branston instead then you are wrong and stupid and probably proving why your views are not valid.

I trust Gary Johnson over the likes of idiots like you and Moulton Cobbler who clearly have no clue.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 16:41:01 pm »

if you'd rather have someone like Guy Branston instead then you are wrong and stupid and probably proving why your views are not valid.

Oh yes, I see what you mean. I mean why sign someone who was in the League Two Team Of The Year last season when you can manage to secure the signature of Ashley 'great-in-the-dressing-room' Westwood, who played superbly well in all five of his appearances for Crewe last season.  Roll Eyes

We needed an experienced defender. I think we could have done a lot better. People are entitled to express that opinion.

GJ is putting all his chips on our attacking prowess. It's a g a m b l e, it's going to be entertaining, and the proof will ultimately be in the pudding.
Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 16:44:59 pm »

if you'd rather have someone like Guy Branston instead then you are wrong and stupid and probably proving why your views are not valid.

Err... I hope tat's sarcasm, I really do. Because whilst I don't mind the signing of Westwood, Branston would have been fantastic buy.
Report Spam   Logged
Moulton Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 16:53:59 pm »

I'd trust Terry Fenwick over the idiot like you Dilly, who clearly has no clue after a comment like that Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 16:55:14 pm »

How is it a last minute stop gap, he is cover in case our first choice centre backs get injured. Which is fair enough. Some people prefer experienced players, other prefer younger players. It isn't me failing to grasp it, it is different opinions. I personally think our centre backs are absolutely fine, if you'd rather have someone like Guy Branston instead then you are wrong and stupid and probably proving why your views are not valid.

I trust Gary Johnson over the likes of idiots like you and Moulton Cobbler who clearly have no clue.

Hahaha..."How is it a last minute stop gap" - listen to this joker people, he doesnt realise the season is about to start! - It's alright though its not your fault, its just that your brain span won't allow you anymore scope.

I really think you need to pipe down somewhat sonny jim, never have I heard such jibbering nonsense on this board, you just write words, words and words, without actually thinking about what you're writing...Hahahah... and Guy Branston? Who mentioned him, I f***ing hate the guy! I suggest you do some research before needlessly spouting nonsense.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 17:07:35 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Dillywangers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 17:13:01 pm »

Err... I hope tat's sarcasm, I really do. Because whilst I don't mind the signing of Westwood, Branston would have been fantastic buy.

You really think that? Seriously.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 17:17:49 pm »

Like him or not, Branston doesn't keel over and die after playing 10 minutes of football, which is more than can be said for Mr Westwood in his last spell here.
Report Spam   Logged

Dillywangers

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 17:18:26 pm »

Hahaha..."How is it a last minute stop gap" - listen to this joker people, he doesnt realise the season is about to start! - It's alright though its not your fault, its just that your brain span won't allow you anymore scope.

I really think you need to pipe down somewhat sonny jim, never have I heard such jibbering nonsense on this board, you just write words, words and words, without actually thinking about what you're writing...Hahahah... and Guy Branston? Who mentioned him, I ****ing hate the guy! I suggest you do some research before needlessly spouting nonsense.

Listen to this joker people? You do realise you talk bollocks, right? You have a band of merry men who are miserable wankers?

Read your own words for jibbering nonsense.

You called him a stop gap, he is a squad player to cover injuries, not sure how hard it is to grasp. It would be different if we were just signing someone as our first choice player.

For someone called The Big Picture you fail to see it and come across as a right dumb idiot.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 17:19:34 pm »

Like him or not, Branston doesn't keel over and die after playing 10 minutes of football, which is more than can be said for Mr Westwood in his last spell here.

Given he was injured, i think that's a bit harsh
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 17:19:57 pm »

I think that this, like the signing of Savage, is another sensible move by GJ. The squad had youthful promise, but no experience - now we have experience, and not have to overspend to get it. Don't expect to see either of them in the first choice XI, but still feel they have a positive role to play.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 17:21:06 pm »

It isn't me failing to grasp it, it is different opinions. if you'd rather have someone like Guy Branston instead then you are wrong and stupid and probably proving why your views are not valid.

The irony in this post is fantastic.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 17:22:14 pm »

Given he was injured, i think that's a bit harsh

He was constantly getting injured as I recall, that's basically the entire point I was making, and it was a tongue in cheek comment. It's important that we draw a line under his last spell here anyhow, let's judge him on what he does this time round.
Report Spam   Logged

Dillywangers

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 17:22:45 pm »

The irony in this post is fantastic.

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: