The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 01:35:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Westwood Signs

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westwood Signs  (Read 12364 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2011, 07:23:41 am »

I bet JJ is cursing his luck! When he went off against Accy I was certainly cursing our luck; I view him as one of our key players for the season. But from hearing GJ speak about liking continuity in the side at the open forum I don't think he'll drop players who are playing well just to bring others back in.

Even if that isn't the case, on the form he's showing you surely can't drop Westwood, Webster offers a height advantage that none of the others can, GJ loves Nana (hearing GJ speak about him at the forum you'd think he could almost be his love child. Almost.  Tongue) and with Corker seemingly improving with each game it would be a mistake to interrupt his development.

All in all I think the defence is untouchable at the moment so, remarkably, JJ might find himself having to bide his time to get back in the side and I don't think many of us saw that coming!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2011, 10:19:20 am »

"He's old but he's gold!
He's old but he's goooo-old
Our Ashley Westwood...
He's old but he's gold"

Report Spam   Logged
Moulton Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2011, 10:32:57 am »

Thats what i thought (2 minutes?), any comments on this fantastic display? It is ok to be wrong mate, happens once a decade to me too. Question is, will JJ get in after Westwoods awesome displays?

Thus far I have been completely wrong it appears, which is GREAT. I did have a chuckle when he socred so early on and from his celebration he really enjoyed that.  He has a point to prove, which he has done in the couple of games he's been involved in.  I am entitled to an opinion like any other and was totally bemused by his signing, he was dire and has done very little since leaving, but as I haven't attended the away games, i haven't witnessed this dramatic U-turn, unfortunately.

I hope he continues to show this form consistantly and stays injury free, two games is a start, hope he will be equally as impressive after 22 or so, time will tell.

As for JJ, as good as he is I don't think you should start messing around with a winning team, he will have to wait his turn, or until Westwood makes a ............  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »

Good little article on Mr. Westwood in the football league paper today.
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2011, 13:51:53 pm »

Did Lord Byron have the Captain's armband yesterday as BBCRN stated? If so I think Westwood should take it on, as he seems the more solid player at moment, and let Byron concentrate on his job. I know GJ says he wants more captains on pitch and this is another way to acheive that!
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2011, 19:06:23 pm »

He said something along the lines of - its not about the money/i'm not bothered about the money. He didn't imply he wasn't getting paid, I highly doubt that's the case. He said it was about getting an opportunity, 1 which thus far he's taking,however I don't believe that there wasn't an NTFC supporter who didn't raise an eyebrow when he was signed on.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2011, 19:38:45 pm »

I'd drop Nana to accomodate JJ.
Report Spam   Logged
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:44 am »

For God's sake! Do you have to even argue about whether he is getting paid or not? Does it matter?

And yes, I think most fans did raise an eyebrow when it was announced that Westwood was coming back. Obviously you didn't because you are the smartest person on here and knew he would be a rip-roaring success.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2011, 09:35:30 am »

Its easy to be smart after the event, can't be bothered to look, but I bet there wasn't a single post saying,what a signing, maybe 1or2 saying,strange,but let's give him a chance. And that certainly doesn't look/sound like the interview from saturday on the radio.....probably more down to GJs humour,if he said it.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2011, 11:04:41 am »

Its easy to be smart after the event, can't be bothered to look, but I bet there wasn't a single post saying,what a signing, maybe 1or2 saying,strange,but let's give him a chance. And that certainly doesn't look/sound like the interview from saturday on the radio.....probably more down to GJs humour,if he said it.

maybe you should have took time to look then, because there were quite a few posts saying we would judge him on what he does this time round, and that it is a useful stop gap signing on a short term deal.

if you had looked, then you wouldnt make an argument based on guess work rather than facts.
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:21 am »

maybe you should have took time to look then, because there were quite a few posts saying we would judge him on what he does this time round, and that it is a useful stop gap signing on a short term deal.

if you had looked, then you wouldnt make an argument based on guess work rather than facts.

I think what I said means pretty much the same thing Mr? Or did you not think,oh that's a strange 1,but let's give him a chance?
And Lee, have you ever considered a job in football management? Seeing as you know it all?
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2011, 12:11:20 pm »

It's like I'm reading a parody account. Do you know the real big Sam?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2011, 12:22:22 pm »

Anyone who uses the words, buddy and brother, are clearly either paedos or catholic priests,quite possibly both. Guess that explains why you left your position......
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2011, 13:11:48 pm »

At last you get something right bog roll. I did get it right that is why i am the smartest on here according to you. Thank you sir, i knew my knowledge was and still is superior.

I get plenty of things right thanks. If you care to troll back through the umpteen posts you will find I didn't slag off the signing. But did I raise an eyebrow? Yes. I suppose when we signed him last time you knew he was going to be injury-prone for the duration of his stay too.

I find you a complete bore. The sooner you make good your promise of leaving after bestowing all of your great knowledge upon us all, the better.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2011, 14:20:03 pm »

Am i the only one that thinks if Johnson saw westwood could do a job and no one else could then it makes it an even better signing ?, I know people said they would wait to judge but i doubt any one thought he would have 2 potential man of the match performances.

Report Spam   Logged

Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2011, 15:31:24 pm »

I'd really like to meet for a pint sometime leentfc, you seem a right laugh and I bet I'd have great fun.......
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
TbananaG

« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2011, 16:20:31 pm »

Exactly Gen, good point. Johnson knows more than some give him credit for and no-one trusted him barring a handful of us.

Wasn't it Holt that knew of Westwood as a near neighbour and put him forward? Credit to GJ though if he follows it through and it works out - hard to believe there isn't a Cobblers fan out there who saw Westwood first time around and didn't at least raise an eyebrow at the signing.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2011, 16:58:19 pm »

I think you will find i said it was a decent short term signing and Johnson has got him in to do a short term job. No lose really. That is the difference between an average fan like yourself and someone (me) who knows the game.

Definately feel the more laid back, intelligent fans saw this as an ideal signing where the club couldn't lose. Too many fans were bemoaning the fact we hadn't signed a big money, ex premier league experienced superstar. As I started at the start of the thread, give the lad a chance and see what he brings.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2011, 02:04:01 am »

Westy got a knock today according to reports..does anyone know how bad?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:28 am »

Definately feel the more laid back, intelligent fans saw this as an ideal signing where the club couldn't lose. Too many fans were bemoaning the fact we hadn't signed a big money, ex premier league experienced superstar. As I started at the start of the thread, give the lad a chance and see what he brings.

I'm happy to admit that, so far, it appears that in many respects I got this one wrong. Westwood has brought some much-needed experience, committment and organisational ability.

However, barring the odd lapse in concentration, Westwood has always been a decent defender when fit enough to take the field - ability has never been the issue with him. Let's just hope that this injury isn't long-term, otherwise the merits of signing an injury-prone 37 year old to fulfil a crucial role (experienced centre-back) will once again be brought in to question.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: