The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 13:24:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ryan Gilligan

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Gilligan  (Read 36586 times)
FezNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 13:06:11 pm »

I like Gilly, he will always give you 100%. Fair enough his performances are inconsistent, but that is why he is playing in League Two. He is more than adequate at this level and I'd rather play someone who cares for the club than someone like Osman.

On a side note, can anyone remember the last midfielder before Gilly to get a double figure goal tally? Did Martin Smith ever get double figures?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 14:01:38 pm »

Even though this post was about who should be captain next year, I also wanted to know how long it would take before somebody insulted Gilligan despite him being our second top goal scorer ahead of mckay, herbert and seb harris combined.

he got 11, they got 8, 2 and 1 respectively, that makes 11.

i make that equal.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 14:32:37 pm »

My assessment is simple....

Amongst the top three highest paid squads in the division, and still relegated...

That do you?Huh?Huh?Huh???

I'd still like to know how being our 2nd top scorer constitutes doing fcuk all.

he got 11, they got 8, 2 and 1 respectively, that makes 11.

i make that equal.

I think you get the point though, people constantly have a go at Gilligan despite him scoring more goals than all of our strikers except Bayo, and he got the same amount as three of our strikers combined.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 14:39:22 pm »

thats opinions for you..........a lot of people slate emile heskey but he has played top flight football for years, and played for england as well.

some people on here slate bayo who was top scorer 2 seasons running.

some people hated steve howard and he has done alright.

some people liked andy woodman.

Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 15:49:45 pm »

gilligan is s***

is that enough for you.

are you allowed to call Gilligan s***?  is this an opinion or an accusation!?  This may be damaging to the player and club so can it be back up in a court of law  Smiley

i think Gilligan was his worse enemy last year. At the beginning of the season he took his opportunity, gave 100% and scored a few goals.  towards the end of the season his performances weren't consistent and this coincided with a dip in form of the team.

You've got to look at the positives though, when he gives 100% he is a complete menace in midfield and the team plays well around him.  Also he is only 23 which is the same age as Seb Harris and only a year older than Herbert so he's still young and the constancy in his performances will come.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 17:44:02 pm »

Since 05/06 he has made 157 appearances for the Cobblers and scored 19 goals. In this time he has been picked by Colin Calderwood, John Gorman, Stuart Gray and now Ian Sampson. During this period such luminaries as Dave Rowson, Gavin Johnson, Jamie Hand, David Galbraith, Joe Burnell, Sam Aiston, Steve Haslam, David Hunt, Jonathan Hayes and Alex Dyer have all fell by the wayside.
 Longest serving player at the age of 23 when loyalty from both clubs and players is in scarce supply. Give the lad a break, every club needs a workhorse who would clearly play anywhere asked and be a complete nuisance to play against.

Not sure I would say I like him but then four managers seem to.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Marvo

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 20:54:43 pm »

41 apperances and he hardly played? What planet are you on?

He's a centre back and at the start of last season he wasn't even first choice, Gray used him at right back. After that he only got in in his correct position because of injuries to Beckwith and McCready. We even tried the useless Kanyuka to replace him and then at the end of the season Holt was prefered. A Captain should not have his place in the team under any doubt and if Gilligan is a nailed on certainty in midfield then boy are we in trouble.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:32 am »

He's a centre back and at the start of last season he wasn't even first choice, Gray used him at right back. After that he only got in in his correct position because of injuries to Beckwith and McCready. We even tried the useless Kanyuka to replace him and then at the end of the season Holt was prefered. A Captain should not have his place in the team under any doubt and if Gilligan is a nailed on certainty in midfield then boy are we in trouble.

The point you made was about Hinton hardly playing, of which you were proved wrong. Where, or who he played alongside or behind is irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 10:44:19 am »

The point you made was about Hinton hardly playing, of which you were proved wrong. Where, or who he played alongside or behind is irrelevant.

You never been to a game where you thought a player didn't play even though he was out there on the pitch?

No I guess, I'm sure you think Hinton has been a great success at the club, as the amount of appearances he has made must prove by your logic.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 10:48:52 am »

In answer to your question (i answer them you see, not pussyfoot about with them) yes i have, many a time

As for the last bit, what the f@@k are you talking about Huh?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 11:15:53 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 10:52:42 am »

Sorry, it's so hard for me to talk to a juvenile.

My first post said "Could easily be Gilligan, I mean last year it was Hinton and he hardly played either so the precedent has been set."

You answered your own question when you admited that you have see it "many a time".
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 11:01:31 am »

Sorry, it's so hard for me to talk to a juvenile.

My first post said "Could easily be Gilligan, I mean last year it was Hinton and he hardly played either so the precedent has been set."

You answered your own question when you admited that you have see it "many a time".

Talking to old men is difficult too, so dont worry

Yeah Hinton hardly played last year, as i said 41 games Roll Eyes

Then of course there was that time from August to about November where the whole playing side was in turmoil and Hinton was being played everywhere except for his actual position.

Once that was out the way, from December to the start of April he was part of a defence about 15 minutes from breaking a club record and in that 4 month spell he hardly put a foot wrong.

Could you please list the players which you DO like because you have alot of scapegoats by the looks of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 11:08:06 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 11:10:45 am »

Talking to old men is difficult too, so dont worry

Yeah Hinton hardly played last year, as i said 41 games Roll Eyes

Then of course there was that time from August to about November where the whole playing side was in turmoil and Hinton was being played everywhere except for his actual position.

Once that was out the way, from December to the start of April he was part of a defence about 15 minutes from breaking a club record and in that 4 month spell he hardly put a foot wrong.

Could you please list the players which you DO like because you have alot of scapegoats by the looks of it.

So in your opinion he was a successful signing?  Grin

I think that tells me all I need to know about your footballing nous..........

I do have another question though, when do you go back to school?
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 11:31:38 am »

So in your opinion he was a successful signing?  Grin

I think that tells me all I need to know about your footballing nous..........

I do have another question though, when do you go back to school?

I didn't say that, but i feel most of the critisicm aimed at Hinton, among other players is harsh and unwarranted.

6th September is school, so you have another 5 weeks of me before i resume my top level schoolwork. Enjoy Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 13:23:11 pm »

Sorry to dissapoint Marvo, but since Gilligan signed a 2 year deal it is unlikely that he is going anywhere for a while.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 13:39:27 pm »

i agree with Marvo that we were an average team due to mostly average players last year, which was
back up with results in our last 10 games being as bad as the first 10 under Gray.

But Gilligan is only 23 and will hopefully improve each season.

His main problem is consistency and focus during games and if he can improve this and keep scoring a few
goals then he'll be an important player for us.

Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 22:29:35 pm »

Sorry to dissapoint Marvo, but since Gilligan signed a 2 year deal it is unlikely that he is going anywhere for a while.

I don't particularly want him to go anywhere, he will be a good replacement should any of the regular first team midfielders get injured.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 07:57:54 am »

He's a good squad player that is for sure. IMO he shouldn't be in the first 11 if everyone is fit.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_kjd

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 09:54:51 am »

He's a good squad player that is for sure. IMO he shouldn't be in the first 11 if everyone is fit.
 This it true, personally he is  good player but he always losses the ball eg watford that led to the goal.
also at nuneaton he made to many sloppy passes for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: