The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 06:46:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

18 year old striker...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18 year old striker...  (Read 4374 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 15:52:37 pm »

i have been going week in week out for at least 10 years now, and to look at it, its one of our better teams we have had imo.
Huh? Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
bagoon

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 16:00:34 pm »

Sure, I respect your commitment to our club and I'd share your views on most of those players at the time. I was really impressed by Robinson when I saw him at Shrewsbury last year and Davies looked like a Championship player held back by injuries... I know GJ has a great record at other clubs, but I do get really frustrated that we've lost some good players that we could have tried harder to keep (Davis, McKay), not signed a proper left back and don't seem to have a system of play and stick to it. I know we've had injuries, but then so does every club - and I also wish that GJ would just look and sound a little bit more as though he really wnated the job. But that's just my opinion and I think we should all feel free to share our views on here without the regular abuse, cue....

Davis was not worth keeping mate, trust me.. im in regular contact with a couple of current and ex players and davis was behind alot of the upset in the club since arriving. ok an establised  LB hasnt been signed but corker is doing ok. Mckay wasnt good enough, a poacher, but the not enough goals etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 16:04:51 pm »

Mckay received an unbelievable offer from Inverness.  More than twice( I think 3X) the salary he was on here
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 16:07:54 pm »

have been going week in week out for at least 10 years now

So it's safe to assume you're at least ten years old?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 16:09:51 pm »

Sorry - I can't do your thinking for you - but that's not what I said. I know nothing about the player and welcome him aboard and hope he does brilliantly. I just wish we were signing players that GJ knew something about. That's all.
So he has to know a player personally to get your approval? He has watched him a few times and thinks he's an improvement on what we currently have. What's the problem with that?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 16:13:43 pm »

I don't want to be funny, but we would have had the wages we freed up from Marlons return to spend. We're not going to get anyone experienced. Fact. As for Berahino - who honestly knows. He's scored 2 in an England U19 game Ukraine this month, but god knows how that would translate quality wise to League 2. Hope he's this years Ajose, but who knows. Only die-hard Baggie fans would be able to give you an answer, so we'll judge him ourselves at the Bradford game.

"Berahino has started the season in sparkling form for Baggies reserves, smashing six goals in his last five appearances - his latest strike coming in Tuesday's 3-1 win over Arsenal."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 16:16:06 pm by Welly Cobb » Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 16:16:48 pm »

This forum really frustrates me, which is why i did delete my account have to start again!!!

Welcome back Marvo!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 16:26:05 pm »

...How about we just call him Berahinho and pretend he's the next brazilian wonder kid, it's all in the mind!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 16:40:55 pm »

Wow, I've actually heard of this kid! He's an asylum seeker who chose to represent England rather than his native country, and was tipped to be the next big thing when he was about 14/15. I remember reading a two-page feature on him in what I think was FourFourTwo.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 17:06:00 pm by NTFC Nut » Report Spam   Logged

SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 16:49:01 pm »

Welcome to Sixfields fella......

Word of warning, in order to keep up your motivation levels, don't read this board and wear earplugs at home on match day.

I hope you do really well and we extend your loan having seen 4 or 5 goals from you in your first month.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 17:06:21 pm »

Wow, I've actually heard of this kid! He's an asylum seeker who chose to represent England rather than his native country, and was tipped to be the next big thing when he was about 14/15. I remember reading a two-page feature on him in what I think was FourFourTwo.

Found it! It wasn't in FourFourTwo, it was in the local west midlands rag. Don't remember ever buying that paper so no idea how I ended up reading an article from it.

http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/midlands-news/2009/02/15/west-bromwich-albion-s-asylum-seeker-is-picked-to-play-football-for-england-66331-22930060/
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 18:04:35 pm »

...How about we just call him Berahinho and pretend he's the next brazilian wonder kid, it's all in the mind!

Saido Berahinoooooooooooooooooooo

Like people used to sing "Paulo di canioooooo" and "Jose mourininho"
Report Spam   Logged

Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 18:04:45 pm »

Note to GJ: Ian Henderson and Dean Bowditch also both played for England at U-20/U-19 level.

Note to TBananaG: Ian Henderson and Dean Bowditch play regularly in the division above.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 18:29:33 pm »

dont we have young 18 year old strikers? makes no sense
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 18:49:42 pm »

Note to TBananaG: Ian Henderson and Dean Bowditch play regularly in the division above.

Yep, good point - although it would be fair to say that neither shone with us. Just saying that the lower leagues are littered with players who've played for England at youth levels and never progressed - it's no guarantee of quality. I hope Saido will be brilliant for us and go on to play for England one day at full international level - but I just wish that we could be more confident that this is a player GJ knows. The list of big centre forwards available for loan won't be very long at this time of year.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 19:42:47 pm »

50% he will play 2 games, be sub for 2 games and go back to WBA in a month.
20% he will play 1 game, be s*** and not be seen again.
10% he will play 4 games, score once and go back to WBA in a months time.
10% he will play 4 games, score 2 or 3 goals and his loan deal will be extended.

Thats about it, its the law of averages! I've seen enough 18 year old loan players during the last 25 years to not believe the spin. Its a numbers game, chances are he will be cack and not ready for the brutality of league 2, but we will all hope that he's another Little, Kyle Walker or Daniel Jones.

Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 19:54:20 pm »

I'll just leave this here. I think he'll be OK.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 20:09:34 pm »

I'll just leave this here. I think he'll be OK.

Anyone remember when we signed Francis Laurent and a load of youtube videos of him taking the piss out of some French amateurs were put on here, and we were all celebrating as if we'd signed Lionel Messi? I've got a weird sense of deja vu... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 20:14:34 pm »

Saido Berahinoooooooooooooooooooo

Like people used to sing "Paulo di canioooooo" and "Jose mourininho"

Yep...I think you're on to something there! Get the ultra's* on to it!  Tongue

*east stand OAP's
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 20:14:58 pm »

50% he will play 2 games, be sub for 2 games and go back to WBA in a month.
20% he will play 1 game, be **** and not be seen again.
10% he will play 4 games, score once and go back to WBA in a months time.
10% he will play 4 games, score 2 or 3 goals and his loan deal will be extended.

And the other 10%?
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: