The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:33:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rumourossi Officialli....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumourossi Officialli....  (Read 7182 times)
TbananaG

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 06:27:12 am »

Oh, DC, please stick your nose in on the playing side - could only help now!
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 14:10:47 pm »

I'm extremely relaxed and happy, thank you, living a wonderful life and delighted not to have to take any personal notice of Cardoza's obsession with trying to control the media. It's not my fault he wasn't faced down and made to look the idiot he was for his pathetic reaction to a particular situation. He deserved to be vilified for it but was allowed to get away with issuing threats to an editor who bowed down to him. That's wrong. But, that's a single issue, and in terms of his financial commitment to the club, and his hard work in bringing us to a point when our income and expenditure are now in realistic balance, Cardoza deserves nothing but praise. Without his backing we'd probably have folded by now. He doesn't get enough recognition for that side of his achievements. Further, to his eternal credit, once he's appointed a manager, he allows them to manage the playing side of the club within the given budget without sticking his nose in. Most chairmen can't do that.

Steve, presuming the version of events you presented on here is true then you obviously have a decent point of view. I along with most others on here feel a certain amount of sympathy for you and the way that situation unfolded. But actually, the Chairman took a position, backed his man and fought his corner. It was actually your boss (or bosses) who displayed no backbone whatsoever and let you down very badly indeed.

Almost all of your posts that I have read lately (and to be fair that's not many) have come across as very bitter and eager for revenge against those you feel have wronged you. Easy for me to say, but just move on and stop letting it eat away at you. Life is too short.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 14:59:56 pm »

Steve, presuming the version of events you presented on here is true then you obviously have a decent point of view. I along with most others on here feel a certain amount of sympathy for you and the way that situation unfolded. But actually, the Chairman took a position, backed his man and fought his corner. It was actually your boss (or bosses) who displayed no backbone whatsoever and let you down very badly indeed.

Almost all of your posts that I have read lately (and to be fair that's not many) have come across as very bitter and eager for revenge against those you feel have wronged you. Easy for me to say, but just move on and stop letting it eat away at you. Life is too short.
Nothing personal here but you seem to be coming off a misplaced agenda. Amateur psychology is dangerous! Revenge is a) an impossible and pointless aim and b) not on my agenda. What sort of revenge can there possibly be, anyhow? I can't even think of any, let alone do it! I truly don't know what you mean by it. I think the Chairman's reaction was totally wrong and should have been exposed as wrong and fought against, but that wasn't anything I needed to do. That was the Chron editor's job but he made the wrong call in my opinion, I told him that, and then I e-mailed him to say I was resigning because of it. He missed out on a great story but it appeared to get him off the hook so I don't suppose he's bothered. All he cared about was Cardoza's threat to ban his journalists from Sixfields and that Cardoza would put a plea on the club's official website asking fans not to buy the Chronicle and Echo. Outrageous behaviour from a grown man! I've told Cardoza by personal e-mail that I felt his tactics were wrong and not in the club's interest in the long term. However, I've incidentally saved myself a lot of money and hassle and can put my family first instead of spending hours ignoring them while I go to inconvenient away games or tell them to get lost while I write or make phone calls to service a newspaper column. I'm loving it and will probably live a lot longer as a result of ditching the hassle. It was harder to keep a balanced and honest journalistic view on the rails than you may imagine! As to Cardoza, I've backed his financial outlook solidly and still do, I think he does well not to interfere in the work of his appointed managers, I have no personal animosity toward him, and the only sad thing is that he won't get all the positive back up and publicity from me which he and the club used to get because of the impartiality and independence of what I wrote on behalf of both the fans and the club. You'll just have to believe me when I say that nothing is "eating away at me" as you oddly put it. Walking away after last night's debacle at Sixfields was such a relaxing experience knowing that I had no deadlines to meet, no phone calls to make, no behind-the-scenes investigations to make, and no personal angst about trying to be fair in my writing. No doubt for whatever reason you won't believe me but if that is so there is nothing I can do about it. End of story!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 15:12:48 pm »

Eypoke 0 Riches 1
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 15:16:12 pm »

Eypoke 0 Riches 1
Hey Doc - I take it you had your wife's thong on again yesterday?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
ArmchairCobbler

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 15:19:16 pm »

I'm extremely relaxed and happy, thank you, living a wonderful life and delighted not to have to take any personal notice of Cardoza's obsession with trying to control the media. It's not my fault he wasn't faced down and made to look the idiot he was for his pathetic reaction to a particular situation. He deserved to be vilified for it but was allowed to get away with issuing threats to an editor who bowed down to him. That's wrong. But, that's a single issue, and in terms of his financial commitment to the club, and his hard work in bringing us to a point when our income and expenditure are now in realistic balance, Cardoza deserves nothing but praise. Without his backing we'd probably have folded by now. He doesn't get enough recognition for that side of his achievements. Further, to his eternal credit, once he's appointed a manager, he allows them to manage the playing side of the club within the given budget without sticking his nose in. Most chairmen can't do that.

Very balanced view their Steve, great post.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 17:44:50 pm »

Well put Steve and your professional independant writing is missed.
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 08:46:22 am »

Nothing personal here but you seem to be coming off a misplaced agenda. Amateur psychology is dangerous! Revenge is a) an impossible and pointless aim and b) not on my agenda. What sort of revenge can there possibly be, anyhow? I can't even think of any, let alone do it! I truly don't know what you mean by it. I think the Chairman's reaction was totally wrong and should have been exposed as wrong and fought against, but that wasn't anything I needed to do. That was the Chron editor's job but he made the wrong call in my opinion, I told him that, and then I e-mailed him to say I was resigning because of it. He missed out on a great story but it appeared to get him off the hook so I don't suppose he's bothered. All he cared about was Cardoza's threat to ban his journalists from Sixfields and that Cardoza would put a plea on the club's official website asking fans not to buy the Chronicle and Echo. Outrageous behaviour from a grown man! I've told Cardoza by personal e-mail that I felt his tactics were wrong and not in the club's interest in the long term. However, I've incidentally saved myself a lot of money and hassle and can put my family first instead of spending hours ignoring them while I go to inconvenient away games or tell them to get lost while I write or make phone calls to service a newspaper column. I'm loving it and will probably live a lot longer as a result of ditching the hassle. It was harder to keep a balanced and honest journalistic view on the rails than you may imagine! As to Cardoza, I've backed his financial outlook solidly and still do, I think he does well not to interfere in the work of his appointed managers, I have no personal animosity toward him, and the only sad thing is that he won't get all the positive back up and publicity from me which he and the club used to get because of the impartiality and independence of what I wrote on behalf of both the fans and the club. You'll just have to believe me when I say that nothing is "eating away at me" as you oddly put it. Walking away after last night's debacle at Sixfields was such a relaxing experience knowing that I had no deadlines to meet, no phone calls to make, no behind-the-scenes investigations to make, and no personal angst about trying to be fair in my writing. No doubt for whatever reason you won't believe me but if that is so there is nothing I can do about it. End of story!

Fair enough old boy. I did say I hadn't read many of the posts. The ones I had just sounded a bit.... edgey. Anyways, long as you're happy with it.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 10:47:37 am »

Fair enough old boy. I did say I hadn't read many of the posts. The ones I had just sounded a bit.... edgey. Anyways, long as you're happy with it.
Love you too, dear chap! I was about to say that if I'm standing near a bar, just come up and whisper "Eyepoke" and I'll buy you a pint. Then I realised it would be really stupid because everyone on this message board will be sidling up to me and whispering "Eyepoke" into my ear!!!
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2011, 10:09:25 am »

I think there will be some MAJOR news on the playing front over the next few days.

No names, no pack drills.....just expect a few surprises.

Lips Sealed

Clue mem saab goes pop fast round the corner beefy.
Pop is off then....
Corker, turnbull, lewis.......next?
Gutted if lewis is off...can't see it myself.
Report Spam   Logged
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 10:51:50 am »

Not bothered if Turnbull is next. not bothered if Young goes either. Young has pace, but that's about all. Turnbull has.......not a lot. If he was Stockport's best player then no surprise they got relegated.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2011, 11:07:08 am »

Who says young is off?? If he is then I think I will just about give up!!!
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2011, 11:31:54 am »

Not bothered if Turnbull is next. not bothered if Young goes either. Young has pace, but that's about all. Turnbull has.......not a lot. If he was Stockport's best player then no surprise they got relegated.
I'd be well bothered if Young went. Far too good a talent to let go, but as I've said elsewhere he needs working on to achieve his potential. Some of the flashes of his play are pure class and show an unusual vision. That does not grow on trees.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2011, 15:27:06 pm »

Young-silly little boy making a rumour up!
Official site...Savage and Robinson thankfully out for loan.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2011, 15:38:29 pm »

Young-silly little boy making a rumour up!
Official site...Savage and Robinson thankfully out for loan.

Who's a silly little boy making a rumour up?
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2011, 15:44:26 pm »

Who said Young was going?

Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2011, 15:52:56 pm »

Who said Young was going?

I said it was mentioned as a possibility when I spoke to an ex player 2 nearly three weeks ago.

The first of 4 players mentioned as "maybes" for the chop has now come to light in the press.
Robinson (clue was Pop as in Pop Robson).
Corker (Memm Saab) was also mentioned.
Along with Young (Lewis - fast as in hamilton) and Turnbull (Beefy round the corner).
Maybe I should have added in "Aggressive" to the clu as Savage is now going too, but this was not mentioned in the discussion I had.

Who knows what is happening....but there was clearly no smoke without fire when I originally posted.

Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 16:00:55 pm »

Ah cheers for clearing up Banana.

See what pans out in the next few weeks, Young doesn't seem to be out of favour.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2011, 16:31:58 pm »

I said it was mentioned as a possibility when I spoke to an ex player 2 nearly three weeks ago.

The first of 4 players mentioned as "maybes" for the chop has now come to light in the press.
Robinson (clue was Pop as in Pop Robson).
Corker (Memm Saab) was also mentioned.
Along with Young (Lewis - fast as in hamilton) and Turnbull (Beefy round the corner).
Maybe I should have added in "Aggressive" to the clu as Savage is now going too, but this was not mentioned in the discussion I had.

Who knows what is happening....but there was clearly no smoke without fire when I originally posted.

How daft the club will look if that's true - 4 trumpeted arrivals discarded!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2011, 16:33:59 pm »

i dont think corker or young were trumpeted ?!

were they ?!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: