The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:28:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

PS3, XBOX or WII

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3, XBOX or WII  (Read 808 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« on: October 21, 2011, 18:26:23 pm »

Which is the best??

I have decided to treat my lad to new games console for his 13th Birthday. He currently has a ps2 and I really need some help on deciding. All 3 look sweet but if you have one, any input would really help.

Thanks

Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 18:35:01 pm »

PS3

Lock the thread.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 19:01:02 pm »

I'd go with PS3 as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
D-DayDan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 19:47:03 pm »

I've owned all 3.

PS3 is a more all round entertainment console if you want to watch blu rays, hd content from that rental website, upload, pictures, videos, music etc this is the one. Plus it's a bit more future proof than the others plus online gaming is totally free! Only problem now is that if you want to play online or create a PSN account you have to agree to a document that gives up your right to sue the company if money is removed from your bank account due to their incompetence (I'd look this up, I haven't played mine since they got hacked.)

360 is good for younger gamers. If you are literally going to just play games this is probably the one because you have a larger selection, the games are cheaper (generally) only draw back which is pretty huge for me is the fact you have to pay a monthly subscription to play games online, which is a joke. The console can still link into your home wireless network (new ones have built in wireless) and play videos, music etc from any computer you have if you link it up. Oh and the kinect is really good fun.

Wii is a fad piece of crap console for young children that I sold after a week of owning it, the games are all the same and very dull.

They all have their good and bad points, I think you should probably get him to find out what most of his mates have so they can swap games and play online etc that might be the deal breaker. Between the two though you'll probably find yourself buying a 360, get an any breakage warranty from where ever you get it from. I'm planning on smashing mine in a couple of years.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:35:04 am »

I am a Nintendo Wii man but since I have purchased the iPad2 it has been quickly built up on the games front.
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 11:26:38 am »

I'm all about the Xbox  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 11:48:25 am »

I am a Nintendo Wii man but since I have purchased the iPad2 it has been quickly built up on the games front.

My dad has a Wii, good fun for family games but he's quite frustrated at the lack of proper games. I did tell him to get a PS3 and the Move controllers but oh no...

I had a look at the Sony tablet, a very very sexy bit of kit.
Report Spam   Logged

BSCobbler

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 12:46:38 pm »

I have a wii and was thinking about getting an Xbox with Kinect for Christmas. Is kinect better than the wii or shall I wait until the Wiiu comes out.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 13:26:16 pm »

I have a wii and was thinking about getting an Xbox with Kinect for Christmas. Is kinect better than the wii or shall I wait until the Wiiu comes out.

Kinect is better than the wii on epic proportions!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 18:36:08 pm »

Went for the PS3...Thx again.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 21:08:25 pm »

Oooh, you didn't go for the PS3 did you?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 21:42:22 pm »

Anybody got a 360 to sell, dont want any games or nothing. Just the machine
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:40:42 am »

I bought a games consul for £30 with a 100 games and various accessories from Bid Up TV in the early hours of Sunday morning mainly because the hostess Marina Berry was doing a lot of bouncing around in a very short black all in one  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 10:15:37 am »

I bought a games consul for £30 with a 100 games and various accessories from Bid Up TV in the early hours of Sunday morning mainly because the hostess Marina Berry was doing a lot of bouncing around in a very short black all in one  Tongue

Did you accidentally flick onto the wrong channel? Grin

Easy mistake..... Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:15:06 am »

Yes I was on my way up to the 900 channels seeking out the lovely Sarah Daniel Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 07:17:20 am »

Zx spectrum mate.....quality tech.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:33 am »

Oh now your talking, I remember breaking many of the Spectrum's with the rubber keypad using a snooker ball to run faster in Daley Thompson's Decathlon. Lips Sealed

Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Chuckie Egg, Samatha Fox Strip Poker, Off The Bench and who could forget Football Manager, what fantastic games. Grin

Various emulators of them on websites.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: