The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 19:21:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tommy Fowler?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tommy Fowler?  (Read 1494 times)
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: August 03, 2010, 18:22:51 pm »

When Tommy Fowler passed away we discussed the possibility that maybe one stand might be named after him Huh?

Has anything been said to anyone Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:23:26 am »

Good question...

bump it up so the club might see this
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:45:50 am »

Or agree to get a number of people to e-mail Gareth Willsher about it to see if as a group it could be made into a priority?

Gareth.Willsher@NTFC.tv
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 15:23:37 pm »

The club has named 2 stands (north and east) after arguably the greatest cobblers manager and a councillor whos hard work made the move to Sixfields possible yet fans (and indeed the ticket office) still call then north and east stands so perhaps the supporters car should be renamed the tommy fowler bar?
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 21:09:47 pm »

A bloody good idea, a fine tribute to a great servant of Northampton Town.
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 13:07:52 pm »

Tommy's son is pushing for it and the club have agreed in principal to name the West Stand the Tommy Fowler Stand.  Don't know what the latest is though.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 13:29:06 pm »

Good to hear. I prefer names to stands rather than just which compass direction they face
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 16:44:10 pm »

Too late unfortuanately. Nobody will call it that apart from tickets. They left it too late with the Dave Bowen Stand and they've certainly left it too late with this one. They'll always been known as the North, South, East and West stands.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 17:32:28 pm »

I've emailed Gareth & he has responded & said I could publish his reply as follows:

Hi Stewart

Thanks for your email.

As a club we have been speaking regularly with the Fowler family since Tommy's sad passing 15 months or so ago.

The current situation is that we are indeed planning to name a stand after Tommy, but after witnessing the experience of the North/Dave Bowen Stands and the East/Alwyn Hargrave Stands there is a concern that renaming an existing stand is not ideal as the new name does not often stick (for example the number of people who still call the Dave Bowen Stand the North Stand.)

With that in mind, the plan is to name the re-developed West Stand after Tommy, once the re-development work has been done. We feel that renaming after the appearance of the stand has changed will give the new name a far better chance of being adopted into general use.

That is our current plan, but if we ever get to the point where we feel there is no realistic chance of the re-development within a reasonable amount of time, we will revisit the decision.

As I say, we are in regular contact with Tommy's family who are regular attendees as guests of the club at most home matches and they are happy with the above. In the meantime, as I hope many supporters realise, we have also introduced the Tommy Fowler Merit award, which was presented for the first time at the end of last season.

Kind regards

Gareth Willsher
Head of Media
Northampton Town Football Club
www.ntfc.co.uk
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 17:35:29 pm »

God I'm good.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:43:45 am »

I've emailed Gareth & he has responded & said I could publish his reply as follows:

Hi Stewart

Thanks for your email.

As a club we have been speaking regularly with the Fowler family since Tommy's sad passing 15 months or so ago.

The current situation is that we are indeed planning to name a stand after Tommy, but after witnessing the experience of the North/Dave Bowen Stands and the East/Alwyn Hargrave Stands there is a concern that renaming an existing stand is not ideal as the new name does not often stick (for example the number of people who still call the Dave Bowen Stand the North Stand.)

With that in mind, the plan is to name the re-developed West Stand after Tommy, once the re-development work has been done. We feel that renaming after the appearance of the stand has changed will give the new name a far better chance of being adopted into general use.

That is our current plan, but if we ever get to the point where we feel there is no realistic chance of the re-development within a reasonable amount of time, we will revisit the decision.

As I say, we are in regular contact with Tommy's family who are regular attendees as guests of the club at most home matches and they are happy with the above. In the meantime, as I hope many supporters realise, we have also introduced the Tommy Fowler Merit award, which was presented for the first time at the end of last season.

Kind regards

Gareth Willsher
Head of Media
Northampton Town Football Club
www.ntfc.co.uk

Why didn't you listen to me instead of wasting everyone's time with that email... Wink Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:47:59 am »

It would be massively innapropriate for me to say that they'll be dead before... etc...   wouldn't it?

So I won't.

Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 11:00:18 am »

Very good from the club
Report Spam   Logged

Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 18:04:52 pm »

Great stuff.

Now, everyone keep buying your Euromillions tickets because its still our best chance of a redevelopment!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: