The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:37:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

League Two preview from Sky Sports

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League Two preview from Sky Sports  (Read 2069 times)
Gonzales

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 21:54:57 pm »

10th is a bit low in my opinion, with the potential of Purcell, the management team of Sammo and Crosby, an overall improved squad from last season and even a shiny new kit complete with the new (old) badge.
Playoffs at least
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 21:57:53 pm »

FourFourTwo's writers do know a bit about lower league football, aren't usually far off with their predictions and have us down for fourth. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

black_army

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 12:21:11 pm »

With Sky putting both Lincoln and Burton and the play offs, I think we can all take their predicted table as more a bit of fun with no real logic behind it.

I'd also tip Aldershot to struggle this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 19:33:26 pm »

Is my bit in Four Four Two in it Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 19:52:54 pm »

Is my bit in Four Four Two in it Huh?

Yeah, i felt like i had a claim to fame!
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 20:25:34 pm »

With Sky putting both Lincoln and Burton and the play offs, I think we can all take their predicted table as more a bit of fun with no real logic behind it.

I'd also tip Aldershot to struggle this year.

Do you mean struggle to reach the playoffs?
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 10:02:50 am »

John Salako predicted a top three of Bournemouth, Notts County and Rochdale last season.

What an idiot.
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 11:33:26 am »

Another preview from Peter Beagrie this time:

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15231_6296069,00.html

We are in his "middle 8"
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
Marvo

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 12:15:19 pm »

John Salako predicted a top three of Bournemouth, Notts County and Rochdale last season.

What an idiot.

Did he f@@k!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:16:19 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 12:18:07 pm »

Did he f@@k!

How long did it take you to look that up?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 09:54:22 am »

There are "experts" on every TV station, every newspaper, local and nationaL, and now websites. Of course you can find one that got it right, same as it would be easy to keep all these predictions and "prove" that the majority get it wrong. Most of these people don't even watch League 2, they are given an assignment and go with the bookies favourites, biggest club, most money, etc. If you've got a "Notts County" moneybags in the division then the jobs even easier. Do you think they delve into each club and see what's going on and then compare? Never in a million years.

The truth is, League 2 this year is as close a race as you can get, you can make a case out for almost anybody. A lot will depend on luck, a lot will depend on injuries and we all know how important a good start can be. The Cobblers have as good a chance as anybody.

Which is why I found it so hard to predict how well Cobblers will do this season for the 'When Saturday comes' pre season write up. For the record, this is what I put

Realistically, how will you do?
 Play-offs, if we don’t run out of steam again.

Mind you I expected play offs at least last season so what do I know??  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lebowski

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 13:50:16 pm »

Yep i watched john salako not predict anything for the mighty cobbs this year , but to be fair we dont have a proven goal scorer with a decent track record of 15 to 20 goals per season, I think thats not a problem but we have to get off to a flyer, lets hope he is right about Torquay.....
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 14:57:44 pm »

What an idiot.

10th looks a bit too high.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 10:20:23 am »

I'm chanign it to "quite a bit too high" now
Report Spam   Logged

Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 15:45:20 pm »

Probably take 10th now to be honest
Report Spam   Logged

sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 17:14:06 pm »

Nobody would have put us down as a relegation dog fight contender....likely to stay up on goal diff or at best by a point or two....not even a P*sh supporter.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 00:08:17 am »

Probably take 10th now to be honest

HA!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 17:55:50 pm »

Here we go, people slating the experts. Yet every season they seem to get it generally more right than you lot with your predictions of runners up and what not

Well here's their prediction Karl.

There not going to get any of the three automatic promotion teams right (Bradford are 20th), whilst Lincoln and Burton to finish in the play-offs? (currently 18th & 21st) At the other end I don't think Cheltenham or Macclesfield are going to be relegated though it's still mathmatically possible I suppose whilst Accrington are more likely to finish in the play-offs than the predicted 22nd. Then of course there's the Cobblers to finish 10th.

Now I'd say they weren't "generally right" but your assessment may differ.

Rotherham
Gillingham
Bradford
Chesterfield
Wycombe
Lincoln
Burton
Port Vale
Aldershot
Northampton
Morecambe
Hereford