The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 11:01:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Is today 'the' day?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is today 'the' day?  (Read 2832 times)
bigcitylights

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:33:08 am »

Are we expected to hear about Bayo, Osman, Davis and co. today?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ef_cobbler28

View Profile
Combination Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:03:30 am »

I am expecting to hear about bayo, Gilbert, holt and Thornton today. Think osman and Davis have till end if the month.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:28 am »

who cares? it's not like we'll be losing torres and gerrard, it's a bunch that finished 79th in the league. boo hoo if they go.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:49:02 am »

I'm always sad to see a player leave us when we have offered them terms. To me it means that the gaffer must want them and believe that they can do a good job the coming season. When they leave, I ask myself will we get anyone better and the answer is generally speaking "No"
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
saturday banana

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:46:55 pm »

I'm always sad to see a player leave us when we have offered them terms. To me it means that the gaffer must want them and believe that they can do a good job the coming season. When they leave, I ask myself will we get anyone better and the answer is generally speaking "No"

It could also mean from a negotiators point of view that they have been offered an amount which would suggest to the player they aren't really wanted.

If the club offers a much reduced salary package and the player decides to stay anyway it's happy days all round.

The gates won't get any bigger next season and if the highest paid players decide to go then we may have a chance to do what Bournemouth and Dale did and assemble a lower cost squad with more hunger to succeed keeping the books in the black at the same time....

Maybe?

Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:54:11 pm »

It could also mean from a negotiators point of view that they have been offered an amount which would suggest to the player they aren't really wanted.

If the club offers a much reduced salary package and the player decides to stay anyway it's happy days all round.

The gates won't get any bigger next season and if the highest paid players decide to go then we may have a chance to do what Bournemouth and Dale did and assemble a lower cost squad with more hunger to succeed keeping the books in the black at the same time....

Maybe?

Ok Glen, but why make an offer in the first place to players that are out of contract? It doesn't seem to me that Sammo was scared of making the tough decisions so far with Hinton and Guinan being placed on the transfer list.

If the manager didn't want the player, why not just tell him rather than making a reduced offer and seeing the player leave anyway?

Or have I got it all wrong and you mean that it is win-win for the club as they would either keep a player that is wanted on less money or the player leaves, freeing up valuable transfer/wages kitty?

Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:32 pm »

I have a feeling that in terms of Bayo's decision, today may well be like a transfer deadline day where we don't find out until right at the last minute. Long after all my finger nails have been eroded and fingers have stopped bleeding
Report Spam   Logged

abington_cobbler

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 14:43:54 pm »

I was hoping Bayo would let the club know as soon as possible if he wasn't staying. I am not sure if the lack of news about Bayo means he is holding out until the last minute to sign or he is simply not going to let Sammo know he is off.
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 14:51:27 pm »

I have a feeling that in terms of Bayo's decision, today may well be like a transfer deadline day where we don't find out until right at the last minute. Long after all my finger nails have been eroded and fingers have stopped bleeding

Relax Spencer...I mean Wazza. It's not the end of the world if he leaves!
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 15:02:32 pm »

I appreciate that it isn't the end of the world but a Cobblers side without Bayo is a Cobblers side with no clue.

That pretty much sums up the 2009/10 campaign for me anyway.

Let's hope we have some decent targets to replace him
Report Spam   Logged

Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 16:30:00 pm »

What happens now we can't hoof the ball upfield to Bayo or Holt?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 18:36:40 pm »

No word on Gilbert then or have I missed something?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 15:42:17 pm »

No word on Gilbert then or have I missed something?

He has signed a 1 year deal, theres probably a thread about it but I start reading older posts before recent ones and havent come across it yet  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mad Dog

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 15:41:08 pm »

Why haven't we heard from the others yet? I thought the deadline applied to all the players?
Report Spam   Logged
supajama

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 16:06:23 pm »

Why haven't we heard from the others yet? I thought the deadline applied to all the players?

Davis and Osman are both under 24 so have longer to decide.....
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 11:12:12 am »

When do Davies and Osman have to decide?
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 11:13:11 am »

When do Davies and Osman have to decide?

June 30th I believe. Can anyone confirm this?
Report Spam   Logged

Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 15:07:53 pm »

Hughes and Coke had until June 16th last year, but the season finished a week earlier.

I would imagine it is around June 23rd if it is consistant to last years deadlines.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: