The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 22:55:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Depression

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Depression  (Read 1303 times)
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: November 27, 2011, 12:49:15 pm »

When a person becomes Ill and sometimes decide to take there own life many questions are asked and on occasions the word depression is raised.

I watched depression destroy my mum, her marriage, my childhood and even relationships I have had later on in life.

Depression I guess is classed as an illness or a condition and is so not a mental problem which so many seem to think it is.

I must admit when things go against me I can retreat within myself and go down some very dark roads in my head, I guess it's my way of blotting out pain and distress despite the jovial nature you all know I portray here and on other social networking sites.

With the NHS being cut on a regular basis I fear that any research into depression will not be forthcoming and many will suffer because of it.

Next time a friend or family member isn't happy just take a second or two and look at them and offer them a hug or a friendly word as unhappiness can manifest itself into something far more sinister and distressing.

Obviously supporting Northampton Town puts us through many emotions at the end of the day it is only a game, life however isn't.

I don't want an argument over my words above but just felt the need to get my feelings down on paper fo all to see, thank you got taking the time to read my words.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:50:46 pm by Tyro » Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 14:55:27 pm »

Awww Tyro, very brave to put it on here!
Report Spam   Logged

southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 16:53:31 pm »

Having had a close friend suffer from depression I know that this disease is such a mix of an indivduals circumstance and their neuroendicrology that there is no easy solution to this. I think we need a better word than depression to define what some people suffer, as we are all prone to saying we feel "depressed", when what we feel is so far removed from an indivdual truly suffering goes through.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 19:59:36 pm »

Have been in contact with the club and they have said it would be ok to have a page in a match day programme about depression so if anyone wants to add any words or pass me some links I will be more than happy to receive and include them
Report Spam   Logged

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 20:58:53 pm »

Ruby Wax's current tour is highlighting the issues of clinical depression.  She is trying to set up Self Help groups around the country as she goes.

At least hidden illnesses are getting a little more recognition now but it's still far from enough and varies widely from GP to GP.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 21:01:46 pm »

Have been in contact with the club and they have said it would be ok to have a page in a match day programme about depression
why not, the entire match experience is about depression anyway at the minute
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 00:20:31 am »

Ruby Wax's current tour is highlighting the issues of clinical depression.  She is trying to set up Self Help groups around the country as she goes.

At least hidden illnesses are getting a little more recognition now but it's still far from enough and varies widely from GP to GP.
She should swing by Sixfields in 2 weeks that should highlight depression..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
auntie chops

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 17:42:33 pm »

Having had a close friend suffer from depression I know that this disease is such a mix of an indivduals circumstance and their neuroendicrology that there is no easy solution to this. I think we need a better word than depression to define what some people suffer, as we are all prone to saying we feel "depressed", when what we feel is so far removed from an indivdual truly suffering goes through.

yeah. it's not a disease. and if neuroendicrology is a real word then i wouldn't worry about finding a new word for depression.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 20:52:05 pm »

Neuroendicrology is a real word but I don't think it could be used for depression. Unfortunately the depression is used too freely when people are not necessarily suffering from it, just feeling a bit down, but if used correctly I think the word depression is appropriate.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
ndkp59

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 10:15:04 am »

I’ve been an emotional roller coaster for the past few months. There are days where I’m doing REALLY well, but then there are others where it feels like I won’t make it through the day. The majority of the time, I’m generally happy, or at least okay. But there’s a couple times a month, where I have a day that’ll I’ll suddenly get so upset, I won’t want to do anything that day, and I’ll just sit there and cry and feel sorry for myself.

I also have an anxiety problem. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember, but I never realized it until a couple years ago when it got REALLY bad. When I was a senior in high school, I wanted to make the honor roll all year, and in my one class we had a MAJOR paper to write that counted as most of the overall grade for that class. That’s when my anxiety started getting worse, and I’d sit there in class and suffer from anxiety attacks. They’d come right out of the blue, and I’d feel like I was dying in the middle of class. After the paper was done, they went away, but then they came back when I entered college and I still get them now a couple times a day. They’re not as severe as they used to be, but they’re a lot more frequent. I have also been in and out of therapy and it hasn’t seemed to help me at all.

I also know that I feel very insecure with my relationship between my two best friends. For some reason I have this irrational fear of getting replaced, and sometimes I’d get so upset, I’d end up fighting with them. I know it’s not an appropriate thing to do, and I really feel like a horrible friend for treating them that way, but for some reason I just can’t help it. I don’t know if this is part of my anxiety/depression or not.

Anyway… what I’m trying to ask is… does anyone have any advice for me…? Please?
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 22:42:27 pm »

I've just realised that the happiest I'll ever be in my life was some years ago
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 17:58:50 pm »

That most shocking of revelations has caused me to totally re-assess my life so far and wholeheartedly agree with you and you've dropped into an even deeper state of depression.
Now I've got to go to the quack for a higher doseage of amioxid.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 05:11:24 am »

I recommend drinking Jacobs Creek until you fall asleep
Report Spam   Logged

North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 22:50:31 pm »

The happiest I'll ever be is yet to come. We have promotions, cup runs, champions league fixtures (I can dream!), endless happy days ahead. If my happiness peaked when I was still playing, going to Wembley every year to watch MY team, and I was single (but had money in my pocket!) then I'd not bother looking forward to all those great times ahead
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 11:11:37 am »

The happiest I'll ever be is yet to come. We have promotions, cup runs, champions league fixtures (I can dream!), endless happy days ahead. If my happiness peaked when I was still playing, going to Wembley every year to watch MY team, and I was single (but had money in my pocket!) then I'd not bother looking forward to all those great times ahead

I somehow feel that Wrigleys and myself are a bit more senior than yourself, so we have the right to be grumpy old men and look back nostalgically to the halcyon days of our younger years.
Report Spam   Logged
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 11:32:16 am »

I somehow feel that Wrigleys and myself are a bit more senior than yourself, so we have the right to be grumpy old men and look back nostalgically to the halcyon days of our younger years.

Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia, just pointing out that I'm looking forward to greater times ahead than what we've had in our history so far.
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:31 am »

I would say from my own point of view that obviously the result of our game can affect me and many know if we have lost on a Saturday to leave me be for the rest of the night but I guess being a Manager really stresses and leads to sleepless nights and a strain on there marriage and relationships, odd how a game like Bill Shankley quoted football is more than a game more a question of life and death.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 13:36:19 pm »

I would say from my own point of view that obviously the result of our game can affect me and many know if we have lost on a Saturday to leave me be for the rest of the night but I guess being a Manager really stresses and leads to sleepless nights and a strain on there marriage and relationships, odd how a game like Bill Shankley quoted football is more than a game more a question of life and death.

Stesses apply just as much to Managers outside of the football world, it isn't unique to them.
It could even be argued that it is worse.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 22:46:08 pm »

Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia, just pointing out that I'm looking forward to greater times ahead than what we've had in our history so far.

I think we're talking wider than our beloved Cobblers, hence this thread being in General Chat! Strangely enough though my life was a lot more fun during our Wembley final phases. Nowadays its all about self loathing
Report Spam   Logged

stjohnsriddler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 12:44:34 pm »

For any one dealing with depression, i recomend the read of a book called "A life too short - The tragedy of Robert Enke". It shows you how one of the most successful goal keepers of his generation was a victim of depression.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: