The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:53:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January transfer window thread..

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January transfer window thread..  (Read 68697 times)
Gerard_Lavin

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1180 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:16 am »

Remember that guy in 2008 who said malcolm christie was signing and everybody laughed because he didnt sign? Then the same guy said bayo was coming and everybody laughed but then he did sign.

Funny how only the christie one is remembered.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #1181 on: February 08, 2012, 09:46:13 am »

I just signed...... the chip and pin is bust at the Shell garage.
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 08, 2012, 13:12:33 pm »

Now be honest CCC. I know it's easy not to on here, but how many times have you seen the Sodje play? I've seen him a fair few times when he played for Port Vale as I worked in the area, and he's nothing like Bayo. Ok, so he's black and rather big. I'll give you that. Otherwise you're totally wrong. There really isn't an argument to be had. In some situations you just have to accept that you're wrong  Wink

Why do you keep referring to race? I gave my reasons for the comparison, the colour of his skin wasn't one of them, now you give yours.

Now, what sort of player do you deem Sodje to be?
Report Spam   Logged
JimmyRiddle

« Reply #1183 on: February 08, 2012, 14:08:18 pm »

Why do you keep referring to race? I gave my reasons for the comparison, the colour of his skin wasn't one of them, now you give yours.

Now, what sort of player do you deem Sodje to be?

What are you implying?

I'll give you the first two hints as to why he's not like Bayo:

Sodje - Pacey and Muscular

Bayo - Slow as feck and overweight

Hope this helps  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1184 on: February 08, 2012, 17:08:21 pm »

They're are similar at the moment because they both don't play football for us.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1185 on: February 08, 2012, 17:42:19 pm »

They're are similar at the moment because they both don't play football for us.

Grin  You took the words right out of my mouth!
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1186 on: February 08, 2012, 17:57:42 pm »

So any news on another loan signing?

If we don't see another Striker/Forward/Attacking Winger will we see Wilson in action this season?
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
sbedscobb

« Reply #1187 on: February 08, 2012, 18:11:11 pm »

Purcell scored 11 odd goals for a Darlo side in a similar position to where we are now and Robinson hit 16 last season, also  Davis started the season as our form player and scored some great goals before injury. Could the answer to our prayers be nearer to home than we think? What do they need, a goal scoring coach or hypnosis to get back the self belief thats being drained from them? They could do with a clean slate,  If fit start  one or more them in the next 2 games, see how it goes.
 For the sake of harmony, the new guy should not be started before the above mentioned imo.

Report Spam   Logged
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 08, 2012, 18:20:26 pm »

On one hand I'd give Robinson a chance, but not Purcell. I have to say that when he (Purcell) first played for us he didn't look all that, although admittedly we didn't get a chance to see too much before he got injured. Since he has been back it seems neither GJ nor AB reckon he's up to the mark and the small flashes I've seen have done nothing to make me think their judgment was wrong.

Robinson on the other hand has spent most of the season played out of position. the difficulty is that he has now gone so long without a goal his confidence must be shot and we can't really afford to spend any time waiting to see whether he can get it back - not this season anyway. We need a safer bet, someone who is proven. I would like to see another veteran striker in (like Howard) and maybe Robinson can do a job off the bench - but as a striker. Perhaps then if he could get that elusive goal it might lead to better things and we may really begin to see what he is capable of. On the other hand, maybe Shrewsbury were right about his abilities and that's why he was farmed out to Torquay. He's certainly got something about him from what I've seen, but he desperately needs that goal.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
cobblers1234

« Reply #1189 on: February 09, 2012, 15:32:39 pm »

Heard numerous rumours that Lewis guy has been training for couple of days noth Northampton first team and will be likely be offered contract by end of week to booster striker number with the already addeD loanie brett Williams and permanent striker bayo. What do the majority of cobblers fans think about a possible ex mk dons player playing at six fields with okish goalscoring record?
Report Spam   Logged
did.cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 09, 2012, 15:36:50 pm »

Don't see that the fact he is ex MK has any bearing, if he scores goals, he could be shagging the mrs and i'd forgive him!!
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1191 on: February 09, 2012, 15:38:50 pm »

Don't see that the fact he is ex MK has any bearing, if he scores goals, he could be shagging the mrs and i'd forgive him!!

hahahhahahaha  quality
Report Spam   Logged

cobblers1234

« Reply #1192 on: February 09, 2012, 15:40:11 pm »

Yh I agree it doesn't matter he was ex mk dons but his scoring record isn't great as I put up the wikpedia link and best goalscoring form shown was at don aster with 15 odd goals in 150 games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Guy

Let's hope he brings more to his game with few scores chipped in
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #1193 on: February 09, 2012, 15:43:35 pm »

Lewis Guy: 208 games, 24 goals

Bas Savage: 181 games, 24 goals
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1194 on: February 09, 2012, 16:00:03 pm »

If this week goes to plan we will all team sorted for push for safety 4 CBS 4 wing backs. 4 wingers 4 cms and 4 strikers in bayo Williams guy and vassell if that rumour is true and if so those 4 could rotate and get the goals needed to stay up.  Smiley

I think we've established that the Vassell rumour is definetely true.
Report Spam   Logged
JimmyRiddle

« Reply #1195 on: February 09, 2012, 16:03:12 pm »

If this week goes to plan we will all team sorted for push for safety 4 CBS 4 wing backs. 4 wingers 4 cms and 4 strikers in bayo Williams guy and vassell if that rumour is true and if so those 4 could rotate and get the goals needed to stay up.  Smiley

Your inability to type, only shows that you are in fact the same webbed fingered boro troll from yesterday  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 09, 2012, 16:08:37 pm »

Lewis Guy: 208 games, 24 goals

Bas Savage: 181 games, 24 goals

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #1197 on: February 09, 2012, 16:58:00 pm »

Interesting: Aidy on Jake Robinson:

"Meanwhile, Boothroyd says that although he is still looking to trim the squad, striker Jake Robinson is very much in his plans.

The 25-year-old is yet to score for the Cobblers since making the move from Shrewsbury last summer.

"He was [due to] play against Macclesfield," Boothroyd said. "He's fit and back in the fold.

"I've had a number of enquiries [for him], but I don't see the point in getting rid of a player who scored 15 goals last year and one goal in six games in his career."

Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 09, 2012, 18:32:45 pm »

Interesting: Aidy on Jake Robinson:

I don't see the point in getting rid of a player who scored 15 goals last year and one goal in six games in his career."

Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1199 on: February 09, 2012, 19:33:43 pm »

hes saying the boy has goals in him and hes going to score again after he gets through this lean spell and that aidy has faith in him. dont worry, it wasnt intended for you, it was intended for jake.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: