The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:09:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

We Love Sammo!

Poll
Question: Your the Chairman....how long do you give Sammo?
Sacked Now - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Ipswich - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Gillingham - 22 (34.4%)
Give him the next few weeks - 11 (17.2%)
Re-evaluate after Christmas or later than that - 15 (23.4%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Love Sammo!  (Read 55568 times)
dodger

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« on: August 08, 2010, 15:06:12 pm »

May I thank you  and your colleagues for there contribution to an unforgetable day yesterday.

We left Sixfields at 8am arriving at Plainmoor after 2pm. The traffic jams were not the clubs fault of course unless the team coach driver had caught the inertia bug which ran through the team. The result has a much anticipated pint of Cornish Gold and fish and chips were replaced by a bottle of coke and a bacon bap.

By half time I wished I had settled for 2 pints and fish and chips. Obviously your statement on Thursday about not putting the ball on Bransons head was a red herring designed to fool any Torquay spy who might have been at the trust meeting, since our players managed to hit the target regularly from 40-50 yards but not managing to hit our own players from 5.

5 minutes into the second half I wondered whether to join the players on the pitch as they seemed to enjoying a spot of sunbathing and being completely unaware of anything going on around them.

At the final whistle it was back on the coach thankfully we thought
only to find all the drinks had been consumed on the outward journey and it was 9pm before we got any sort of stop falling foul of driver regulations.

We eventually arrived at Sixfields after the team bus so I assume that somewhere along the line the players had shown some urgency. Unfortunately none were around so that I could thank them for their contribution to my day.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

4everdelayed

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 15:11:19 pm »

down after one game, we're going down after one game.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 15:38:42 pm »

I wanna go home,
I wanna go hoooooooooome,
This is the worst trip,
I've ever been on!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 16:46:24 pm »

May I thank you  and your colleagues for there contribution to an unforgetable day yesterday.

We left Sixfields at 8am arriving at Plainmoor after 2pm. The traffic jams were not the clubs fault of course unless the team coach driver had caught the inertia bug which ran through the team. The result has a much anticipated pint of Cornish Gold and fish and chips were replaced by a bottle of coke and a bacon bap.

By half time I wished I had settled for 2 pints and fish and chips. Obviously your statement on Thursday about not putting the ball on Bransons head was a red herring designed to fool any Torquay spy who might have been at the trust meeting, since our players managed to hit the target regularly from 40-50 yards but not managing to hit our own players from 5.

5 minutes into the second half I wondered whether to join the players on the pitch as they seemed to enjoying a spot of sunbathing and being completely unaware of anything going on around them.

only to find all the drinks had been consumed on the outward journey and it was 9pm before we got any sort of stop falling foul of driver regulations.

We eventually arrived at Sixfields after the team bus so I assume that somewhere along the line the players had shown some urgency. Unfortunately none were around so that I could thank them for their contribution to my day.

I've just about had it with your negativity Fred.
Report Spam   Logged
dodger

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 17:28:56 pm »

You are the one who gets depressed over the smallest of things, espescially when you go for a piss Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 17:50:02 pm »

I know the team coach driver, hes a good friend of mine, so watch what you say.

And if he did have something it would have spread to everyone, i was stood with Thornton and him yesterday, he said it came on suddenly friday night and couldnt stop being sick.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 17:53:59 pm by ClaretCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 18:01:43 pm »

I know the team coach driver, hes a good friend of mine, so watch what you say.

And if he did have something it would have spread to everyone, i was stood with Thornton and him yesterday, he said it came on suddenly friday night and couldnt stop being sick.
You might be able to read what the words say but you don't understand them much do you
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
saturday banana

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 18:33:21 pm »

Dear Football League,
Thank you for picking our first game as away in the far reaches of SW England.
Had we have been nearer I may have travelled to the game, but given the proximity to my hols I really couldn't be arsed...so I thankyou your random computer for saving me a wasted day watching the incorrectly pick team get hammered 3-0.

I now look fwd to the rest of the season, safe in the knowldege that my beloved NTFC have got their worst performance of the season out of the way on day 1 and every game from here on in, will be a delightful blend of fast flowing attacking footy culminating in a magnificent May afternoon at Wembley when we beat Oxford Utd 5-4 AET in the play off final!!

Once again...I thank you Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 19:02:16 pm »

You are the one who gets depressed over the smallest of things, espescially when you go for a piss Grin

You seem to be confusing me with Graham, young man.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 16:24:00 pm »

Christ, why wouldn't Tim Oglethorpe just leave him alone in that interview? !! The guy was hurting, you could clearly tell he was fuming...didn't want to say anything that would get him in trouble. This job, and our club mean so much to the bloke. Never could we say that about a manager before.

Week from hell, lets hope that next week is better and we get some luck versus Southend and bring in some players.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 16:32:24 pm »

Agreed. Whilst I've had occasion to question some of Sammo's tactics and signings, I would never, ever question the man's integrity, committment and passion for the cause.

He's endured an awful week and he needs our support. We've got four points from five games, which on the face of it is not great but let's remember that we've been given a tough start fixture-wise - out of the teams we've played so far, the only we one we beat last season was Accrington. At least we're above Bradford and Gillingham!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 16:54:12 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 16:35:51 pm »

Agree totally - we need to support Sammo. Cardoza on the other hand.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 16:58:08 pm »

I thought Sammo was totally at fault with his pre-match comments before Hartlepool, was it any surprise whatsoever that the players played exactly how he said they might?

I also think the public slating of Thornton is totally out of order, that sort of thing should be kept behind closed doors.

He also said we're not after a centre-back anymore, god knows what was supposed to happen today had Beckwith or Holt been injured.

I like Sammo, he's Cobblers through and through but he needs to cut out these mistakes, he's making a rod for his own back!
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 17:03:37 pm »

Agree totally - we need to support Sammo. Cardoza on the other hand.

It's all going to end in tears, we all know it. 
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 17:05:39 pm »

Yeah I agree with Marvo regarding Sammo's comments about Thornton, seems unfair to single him out. If he's not applying himself fully, Sammo should deal with it like he seems to have done with Davis a few weeks ago. A bit of petulance, dealt with internally and Davis has worked his way back into the first team. No need for public shaming of a player in my opinion.

This is his first full season as manager though and he's going to make mistakes. It's been a poor start, and I'm sure if we had money available to get both a forward and a defender in, we would, but facts are that our budget is clearly very tight even with this added bit of cash from the cup game. Personally, I'm glad we're getting a striker in as a priority, though I can see Marvo's arguments for favouring getting a defender in.

Still, not going to be too harsh on Sammo, I've been disappointed with this start to the season and we've been absolutely outclassed twice already which is a real shame but it's too early to be getting on his back now. We need a win. Then hopefully we can kick on forward, fingers crossed.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 17:08:34 pm »

I thought Sammo was totally at fault with his pre-match comments before Hartlepool, was it any surprise whatsoever that the players played exactly how he said they might?

I think he was just trying to manage expectations regarding what I for one regard as a completely meaningless game.  I think a lot of people's reaction to the Hartlepool game was way OTT as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you to some extent regarding Thornton: that's not going to do his morale any good. Having said that, Sammo wears his heart on his sleeve and if he thinks Thornton could have made the difference and preserved our lead I don't blame him for being angry.

Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 17:20:37 pm »

I agree re not dissing a player in public, but equally those who think Thornton is our saviour should look at his performance against Wycombe, when he went into hiding in the second half. 
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 19:17:29 pm »

What was actually said. Comments not up on ntfc mobile website yet
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 19:50:41 pm »

What was actually said. Comments not up on ntfc mobile website yet

i can't directly quote from memory but he basically said Thornton's performance was poor on tuesday so he was dropped, the interviewer (rightly) asked whether it was fair to single out Thornton when there were so many bad performances on tuesday, Sammo replied that he wasnt impressed at all with Thornton on tuesday and wasn't impressed with his efforts today either. He said he's not applying himself enough and will have to work to get back in the side.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 21:18:54 pm »

after re hearing it on the bbc page, it sounded to me like he wasnt impressed with what Thornton was doing at the moment he was given the interview along with the hartlepool game,,,,probably just messing around and not doing a proper warm down? Just guessing.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: