The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:35:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Will the board ......

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the board ......  (Read 1815 times)
oop_north

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 14:42:08 pm »

There are 3 reasons why the fans' reaction to DC is different to that afforded previous incumbents:
1 DC is adept at publicity, and manipulates the gullible more easily than previous supremos
2 Elecronic media now gives us all access to trivia and rumour, that keeps us off the scent of blood.
3 The advent of complex football manager games makes us all Alex Fergusons, diverting attention away from the role of the Board

As with politics, today's masses are verbose through the invisible media, but conspicuous by their absence at the coalface of reality.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 16:33:08 pm »

I have no problems with the message shoe maker is passing on, it's the frequency of it that bores me and i suggest he stops forcing the message on every thread he posts on
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 16:37:41 pm »

Linda, I'm so dissapointed in you.

Karl, don't read it man.

At least he has an opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 16:59:40 pm »

Yep, an opinion. Posted a thousand times. That's the pisser.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 18:01:57 pm »

Yep, an opinion. Posted a thousand times. That's the ****er.

Precisely
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 18:08:48 pm »

We have twenty games to save our league exsistence if more people made comment on this and less on me it might be beneficial to all concerned.
Do you have any opinions on the situation DL2?
Report Spam   Logged
Gerard_Lavin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 18:32:33 pm »

members agree that Shoey's constant condemnation of everything Cobblers is becoming somewhat tedious!

As much as he is entitled to his opinion, and as much as we are all worried about our position, I fail to see how his unconstructive continuous kicking of the club helps in anyway.

We all come on here to offload and share our frustrations, that's a given.  However, this constant diatribe from Shoey is not simply offloading frustration it is a continuous negative attack against the club and it feels like he wants DC and the club to fail.

Just for once I wish he would recognise the improvements, that money DC has already invested this season (which GJ threw away not DC) and say ok we're in the sh*t but let's support the club, the manager and the team and show some passion and pride that just might get us out of this sh*t.

One things for sure if DC, the club, AB, the teams and the fans all took Shoey's line we would have been dead and buried before xmas.

I propose that we as messageboard members boycott all things Shoey (at least for a week) .. I for one need a break from him everytime I come on here.

No
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 18:42:02 pm »

Absolutely right Montgomery that's what a discussion forum is all about opinions you don't have to agree with them you don't have to read them but whatever you do don't censor them.
A board with one viewpoint would be very boring.
As for wetting my pants at having a dubious thread in my honour I can assure you that I am still dry at the moment.
I'm used to people spouting abuse in my direction as they disagree with me.
I now have a user start a thread to slate me.
Maybe the natural progression would be to rename the whole site the shoemaker forum Grin
At that point I may become moist Grin Grin
It is worth remembering despite disagreeing with some comments on the forum I NEVER stoop to abusing them.
Why??
Because at the end of the day we all want the same thing.
A successful club.

Contrary to what I have just said earlier about ignoring your posts and not reading them, you quoted me in one so that overides all other rules and I have to read it (narcissistic me, you see).

I think you started out with what you believe to be a serious point some time way back in the distant past. However, I don't believe for one minute that you aren't throughly enjoying the upheavel and frustration that your campaign is now creating and are blatently at least 75% in it for the thrills at the moment. You are loving this. And fair play to ya fella, why shouldn't you.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 18:50:29 pm »

Shoemocker-if you are so right in your deluded ramblings, why are you in a minority of one? Or is the question to hard to understand and comprehend?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 18:53:10 pm »

Keep up the good work Shoemaker.
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 18:56:41 pm »

There are 3 reasons why the fans' reaction to DC is different to that afforded previous incumbents:
1 DC is adept at publicity, and manipulates the gullible more easily than previous supremos
2 Elecronic media now gives us all access to trivia and rumour, that keeps us off the scent of blood.
3 The advent of complex football manager games makes us all Alex Fergusons, diverting attention away from the role of the Board

As with politics, today's masses are verbose through the invisible media, but conspicuous by their absence at the coalface of reality.

I think the one key reason you may be overlooking is that DC dragged us back for the brink a decade or so ago, has backed his Mangaers pretty well, shown ambition in his choice of managers, always stuck to his promises so far and much, much more importantly, if he was to up to sticks and cut his losses we'd be dead and completely f*cking buried under the "coalface of reality" within about 3 weeks.

Maybe some folk are not actually gullible and manipulated, they are more reasonable and realistic about the world that grown ups live in.

Slaughtering him for not chucking sums of his own money at an investment that offers little to no hope of a return just makes you sound like a spoilt little schoolgirl who has been told she can't have another new pony.  

I'm sure you're a nice guy, so I'm sorry to say this, but last line of your post is just meaningless, pretentious horsesh*t. I'm sure you felt it was an intellectual contribution but I read it and just thought "Complete w*nker".
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 18:57:44 pm »

Love it I bloody hate it!!!
Seeing my team outbattled and outclassed by teams that not five years ago we perceived as much smaller clubs than us.
God it hurts.
Hurts that as a teenager I saw hill morely reed Benjamin et al.
Hurts that we then had to suffer terrible football with players like burnham Campbell gilzean Curtis et al.
Hurts that I never thought I would see us with a team that bad again.
Hurts when we only win five games in twelve months.
You don't have to share my points of view but believe me.
IT HURTS ME AS MUCH IF NOT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE.
And despite the current crop being a shambolic talent lacking bunch of losers I still believe they are doing the best their limited talent allows them and because they are my club as well as yours I still CARE.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 19:01:30 pm »

Yep, an opinion. Posted a thousand times. That's the ****er.

You can't be listening properly then.
Report Spam   Logged
Gerard_Lavin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 19:08:01 pm »

Shoemocker-if you are so right in your deluded ramblings, why are you in a minority of one? Or is the question to hard to understand and comprehend?

Whilst sometimes his arguments are cloudy and ill thought out, i actually agree with a lot of what he says. So make that a minority of 2
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 19:09:08 pm »

members agree that Shoey's constant condemnation of everything Cobblers is becoming somewhat tedious!

As much as he is entitled to his opinion, and as much as we are all worried about our position, I fail to see how his unconstructive continuous kicking of the club helps in anyway.

We all come on here to offload and share our frustrations, that's a given.  However, this constant diatribe from Shoey is not simply offloading frustration it is a continuous negative attack against the club and it feels like he wants DC and the club to fail.

Just for once I wish he would recognise the improvements, that money DC has already invested this season (which GJ threw away not DC) and say ok we're in the sh*t but let's support the club, the manager and the team and show some passion and pride that just might get us out of this sh*t.

One things for sure if DC, the club, AB, the teams and the fans all took Shoey's line we would have been dead and buried before xmas.

I propose that we as messageboard members boycott all things Shoey (at least for a week) .. I for one need a break from him everytime I come on here.

Disgraceful post, if you don't like his comments scroll past them, I admire his conviction and willingness to keep going against the grain even when faced with sanctimonious drivel like the above. At times I'm bored by the circular nature of his message but he's every right to keep repeating his message in the hope he wins people over to what he clearly sees as the right way to take NTFC forward, even though others may disagree.  Viva Shoey!
Report Spam   Logged
Gerard_Lavin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 19:15:30 pm »

Disgraceful post, if you don't like his comments scroll past them, I admire his conviction and willingness to keep going against the grain even when faced with sanctimonious drivel like the above. At times I'm bored by the circular nature of his message but he's every right to keep repeating his message in the hope he wins people over to what he clearly sees as the right way to take NTFC forward, even though others may disagree.  Viva Shoey!

100% back this, i find it very strange that the cardoza fans find it neccersary to do everything they can to silence his critics, if he was any good he'd be able to do that himself.

oh and before anybody asks me i havent got £7,000,000 to buy him out, so dont bother.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 19:16:09 pm »

So, DL's red card appeal has gone tits up...a two week ban on the cards?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 19:32:03 pm »

...... and just thought "Complete w*nker".

I am of course too polite to air my views on your gloriously incisive and uplifting posts
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 19:36:38 pm »

As she is a member of the trust, DL's post shows exactly what a joke that once influential organisation has become. I suspect they all sit there nodding along to DC's message like north Korean generals in a Kim Jong-Il sermon.
Report Spam   Logged
Gerard_Lavin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 19:38:54 pm »

As she is a member of the trust, DL's post shows exactly what a joke that once influential organisation has become. I suspect they all sit there nodding along to DC's message like north Korean generals in a Kim Jong-Il sermon.

just how many of the 4,000 people in sixfields are actors? i think they need a new director
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: