The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:06:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch!!!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch!!!  (Read 31531 times)
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2012, 18:26:22 pm »

One things for sure, this is a long way from being settled because there's not one team down there that is laying down and dying.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2012, 18:57:59 pm »

Paul Pescisolido  has been sacked by Burton
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2012, 21:11:37 pm »

Burton are on a terrible run, have just sacked their manager and their last win was against........us!!! Hopefully that doesnt prove to be a bad omen!
Tuesdays games see the following......

BARNET v DAGENHAM
BURTON V NORTHAMPTON
Crewe v BRADFORD
PLYMOUTH v Bristol Rovers
Port Vale v HEREFORD
Rotherham v MACCLESFIELD
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest47

« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2012, 21:19:51 pm »

With the increasing number of teams getting sucked into the relegation battle it looks like it will be a gruesome game of musical chairs with the two teams that happen to be at the bottom after the last game facing the chop.
At least our last three games: Rotherham Gillingham and Hereford are as easy as you could wish for.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2012, 21:22:04 pm »

Burton are on a terrible run, have just sacked their manager and their last win was against........us!!! Hopefully that doesnt prove to be a bad omen!
Tuesdays games see the following......

BARNET v DAGENHAM
BURTON V NORTHAMPTON
Crewe v BRADFORD
PLYMOUTH v Bristol Rovers
Port Vale v HEREFORD
Rotherham v MACCLESFIELD

At least Barnet and Dagenham will take points off each other.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2012, 23:43:15 pm »

Just revised my forecast, based on sum of numerical positions of remaining opponents of bottom 6 clubs in the run-in, added to present league position of each of bottom 6.
On that basis, we will end up 19th, followed by Hereford(20), Dagenham(21), Plymouth(22), Barnet(23) and Macclesfield (24).
If only it was that simple . . . . !
Anybody got a better idea?
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2012, 00:01:58 am »

Anybody got a better idea?
It's still the 'small' matter of four more wins for me. 37 points isn't enough - teams such as Barnet/Daggers/Maccs will keep taking points off each other. If/when we get to 43 then we can start looking at other fixtures and hoping for favours to get us over the line.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2012, 00:32:02 am »

Couldn't disagree with you less Monty.
4 wins, or better still 5, is do-able.
Hope it won't be a Rotherham nailbiter!
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2012, 00:39:17 am »

With Bayo I'm very confident of picking up 11 or 12 points from our last 11 games and reaching that safety marker. Without him I just don't know.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2012, 09:21:49 am »

Paul Pescisolido  has been sacked by Burton

Cue for them to appoint the mad dog and do a Barnet?
Report Spam   Logged
barnabas

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2012, 16:56:14 pm »

Cue for them to appoint the mad dog and do a Barnet?

gary simpson asked to step down as boss of Macc as well

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10393~2664450,00.html
Report Spam   Logged

The system I'm proposing would never work
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2012, 21:18:47 pm »

I REALLY SHOULD GET OUT MORE!! . . . I'm sat here working who has still to play whom, and what the end of season league table will look like.
Based on sum of numerical positions of opponents, plus number of places from bottom as of yesterday.
The lower the figure, the worse the prospects of survival.
Here's my revision of last night's offering.
It looks pretty dire for Bradford - 7 of their remaining 10 matches are against teams currently in the top 10, all of whom will be playing hard to get into the playoffs or automatics.
Burton should be safe, unless they continue to drop like a stone (5th after 22 matches, 17th after 36).
It doesn't look too good for Macclesfield, and they might well go down with Bradford.
16th = Burton (156)
17th = Cobblers (127)
18th = Port Vale (126)
19th = Barnet (121)
20th = Hereford (119)
21st = Plymouth (111)
22nd = Dagenham (110)
23rd = Macclesfield (107)
24th = Bradford (104)

But of course, owt could happen, and we must be sure not to f*** it up.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2012, 18:31:05 pm »

I am worried now that burton and maccelsfield will go on runs under a new manager. I really hope mad dog dosnt take either of these teams on.

Bradford have just signed chris dagnall which is a massive signing , he scores goals for fun in this league.

Also D&R have signed akinde on loan , hopefully he flops
Report Spam   Logged

Bath Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2012, 19:08:34 pm »

Regarding our own battle  - no Bayo tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2012, 19:37:55 pm »

Regarding our own battle  - no Bayo tonight.

f*** a doodle f***
Report Spam   Logged

idlebantam

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2012, 20:09:17 pm »

I REALLY SHOULD GET OUT MORE!! . . . I'm sat here working who has still to play whom, and what the end of season league table will look like.
Based on sum of numerical positions of opponents, plus number of places from bottom as of yesterday.
The lower the figure, the worse the prospects of survival.
Here's my revision of last night's offering.
It looks pretty dire for Bradford - 7 of their remaining 10 matches are against teams currently in the top 10, all of whom will be playing hard to get into the playoffs or automatics.
Burton should be safe, unless they continue to drop like a stone (5th after 22 matches, 17th after 36).
It doesn't look too good for Macclesfield, and they might well go down with Bradford.
16th = Burton (156)
17th = Cobblers (127)
18th = Port Vale (126)
19th = Barnet (121)
20th = Hereford (119)
21st = Plymouth (111)
22nd = Dagenham (110)
23rd = Macclesfield (107)
24th = Bradford (104)

But of course, owt could happen, and we must be sure not to f*** it up.

Actually thats good news for us. We have looked far better against the top 10 clubs this season.

For example, we have only beaten Barnet and yourselves from the bottom 8 clubs. Yet we have managed to beat Shrewsbury, Oxford, Crewe and Torquay at home and beaten Southend and Torquay away.

Typical, as I write this we've gone a goal down at Crewe tonight
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2012, 21:45:43 pm »

Well, I dunno what's happened but a month or two ago it was 2 from 3. Now it's 2 from 7, from 8 if you add Burton considering their terrible run. The more the merrier if you ask me.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2012, 21:48:59 pm »

If we win Saturday and others lose, I think we can breathe easy. They'll have to pick up a point a game on us and that just won't happen.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2012, 22:18:50 pm »

If we win Saturday and others lose, I think we can breathe easy. They'll have to pick up a point a game on us and that just won't happen.

Spot on - 10 minutes ago I text the exact same comment to a mate... 3 wins will be plenty now.. beat Plymouth and its looking v good. Hereford, macc, Barnet and daggers to all win 4 or 5 out of 8?? Not gonna happen!!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2012, 23:29:00 pm »

Spot on - 10 minutes ago I text the exact same comment to a mate... 3 wins will be plenty now.. beat Plymouth and its looking v good. Hereford, macc, Barnet and daggers to all win 4 or 5 out of 8?? Not gonna happen!!!  Smiley

Daggers: Accy (H), Port Vale (A), Burton (H), Gills (A), Aldershot (A), Crawley (H), Shrews (A), Bristol Rovers (H),

Bulls: Crewe (H), Rovrum (A), Plymouth (H), Accy (A), Barnet (A), Northampton (H), Crawley (A), Torquay (H),

Macc: Barnet (H), Gills (A), Shrews (H), Vale (A), Crewe (H), Bradford (A), Burton (H), Southend (A),

Barnet: Macc (A), Torquay (H), Swindon (H), Cheltenham (A), Crawley (H), Hereford (H), Southend (A), Wimbledon (H), Burton (A),

Well, Burton are sinking like a stone so cannot be ruled out, but just looking at those four, and assuming that we don't **** up, I'd fancy Barnet and Macclesfield to take the plunge.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:44:29 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: