The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 16:53:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

1 striker

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 striker  (Read 1345 times)
EastNpton

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 28, 2012, 17:02:12 pm »

Is all we have realistically and that's Berahino. He's a decent player but raw and not somone who should have to shoulder a relegation battle up top alone. Bayo is Bayo and just isnt mobile enough to prove a consistent threat. Asante didn't even get on today.

1 striker going into a massive scrap is not good. I know the club are working on it but we had no game changers today.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 17:10:24 pm »

I'm sure this time next week we will have some top signings.
I'm sure the club are doing everything possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 17:11:36 pm »

Maybe Shoey and DC are the same person..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 17:53:13 pm »

I hope his right... about getting in some new faces, a right winger and a striker wouldnt go a miss!
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 18:11:37 pm »

I hope his right... about getting in some new faces, a right winger and a striker wouldnt go a miss!

Could do with shipping some of the current crop out too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 18:14:26 pm »

You've changed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 18:22:41 pm »

You've changed.

Either schizophrenic or now classes DC as his BFF after sharing some madeira cake.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 18:24:25 pm »

Either schizophrenic or now classes DC as his BFF after sharing some madeira cake.

Maybe he knows something we don't  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 18:52:48 pm »

I can confirm that I am not DC Grin
I can confirm that I was made aware of targets we were after and they were decent.
Obviously these haven't arrived yet/may not arrive but I was assured they are moving heaven and earth to get high quality players in.
In fairness we bloody well need them!!
I can however that despite having a couple of cups of coffee at the meeting I was not offered cake of any description.
People on here should remember we are a league two club not Chelsea or Barcelona.
The wasting of resources on cakes should go on the backburner until league safety is assured.
If/when that happens I think DC should invite all fans down for cakes to reward our support through difficult times.
Victoria sponge and or battenburg for starters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 19:03:16 pm »

If we knows that we are not going down then his new found positivity is forgivable.

You could sign Rooney and Gerrard and it wouldn't make much difference to this season. When you look at our history and then down at some of the teams in the Conference it was only a matter of time before we had a taste.
Not given up all hope but there is an air of inevitability about the whole thing, which arguably began when GJ took over and decimated the squad far too soon. I wanted Sammo to stay until the end of the season at least. However, we may well have flirted with the drop then after being on a sustained poor run but we'll never know and I thought GJ was as good a replacement as we were likely to get at the time.

It would naturally be heartbreaking to go down but on the face of it the footballing standard isn't going to be a lot different. I know a fair few fans from former league clubs, which make up almost half of the Conference. It's not the killer blow that it was a few years ago. On the whole they enjoy their football more, it is cheaper (generally) and you would hope that we would see us win a lot more games (!) which at the end of the day is what everyone wants to see. Not to be left deflated at 5pm on a Saturday after another borefest and obligatory defeat. If you are chasing promotion or the play offs it is exciting in any league. Having said that, if we do go down and the decline continues then we may as well lock the gates now. There is no reason why we wouldn't continue to be an established club though.

Looking at the table in isolation there is still a lot to play for and we are far from down. On paper we have a decent manager and some decent players but unfortunately you only have to look at our current form to know that the odds are heavily stacked against us. 

I do agree that the club need to do everything in their power to get the fans behind the team at home. If every game had the atmosphere of Stevenage last season then I'm sure it would make a big difference in terms of turning things around. Do the maths DC and open the gates for free, with a free bar!! .....and I do agree that it is players who need to give us something to cheer about but that clearly isn't going to happen on its own.   
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 19:13:24 pm »

Maybe I should go and see him too, as I'm far from being on side at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 19:50:21 pm »

I can confirm that I am not DC Grin
I can confirm that I was made aware of targets we were after and they were decent.
Obviously these haven't arrived yet/may not arrive but I was assured they are moving heaven and earth to get high quality players in.
In fairness we bloody well need them!!
I can however that despite having a couple of cups of coffee at the meeting I was not offered cake of any description.
People on here should remember we are a league two club not Chelsea or Barcelona.
The wasting of resources on cakes should go on the backburner until league safety is assured.
If/when that happens I think DC should invite all fans down for cakes to reward our support through difficult times.
Victoria sponge and or battenburg for starters.

Oh shut up Shooey, I'm so dissapointed in you , you sound like a f***ing lacky now.
Report Spam   Logged
marcmewordz

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 20:01:41 pm »

Then you live in a world of fantasy.................DOOMED
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 21:31:02 pm »

Then you live in a world of fantasy.................DOOMED

look like you are in one too Sad
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 21:37:39 pm »

If we don't get the required quality in then I think we will go down.
I did say to DC at the time regards trying to stay up that I hoped we hadn't left it too late.
Maybe we have.
The fact is that we must get at least a couple of players in who are of a high enough quality to give us hope.
Whatever has happened in the past there is no doubt that this transfer window will shape the clubs future.
The fact is that DC will be judged on this rightly or wrongly.
My point is that we may have left things too late.
I hope i'm wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 21:44:49 pm »

Sorry, but can't help roaring with laughter everytime Marcmewordz posts 'DOOMED'...Cobblers fans react like the scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian stoning scene..2who said Jehovah?"  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: