The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:53:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Seb Harris

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seb Harris  (Read 12287 times)
abington_cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:16 am »

I hope we get to see him celebrate a goal the way he did against Cheltenham.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 11:26:55 am »

I'm actually really happy about this, cant fault his commitment to the club & his work rate, I wish all our team wanted it as badly as he does. Hope we see a bit more of him this year.
Report Spam   Logged

MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 11:54:50 am »

Good news, I love to see a player given 100%. Hopefully he can continue to keep his head down and progress further.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 13:51:40 pm »

I have one question for Sammo WHY? He didn't start one game last year, and had 10 very brief sub apperances, yeah I know he runs around like a headless chicken but what else does he do? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 14:26:03 pm »

I have one question for Sammo WHY? He didn't start one game last year, and had 10 very brief sub apperances, yeah I know he runs around like a headless chicken but what else does he do? Huh?

i agree, i'm hoping that sammo can mould him into some sort of centre half, coz the times he came on up front he looked like a competition winner.

Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 14:45:58 pm »

Just trust in Sammo, Him starting a game doesn't really mean anything. That is 90 minutes most weeks, where you can see. Sammo and the rest of the team see him day in day out, and they've obviously seen something there.
Report Spam   Logged

Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 15:22:45 pm »

I think his main asset may be that he doesn't take up much of the budget. I must say, I join the ranks of the underwhelmed at this one, but it's fair to say that Seb hasn't let anyone down so far. So why not?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 17:13:52 pm »

He's undoubtedly not taking up very much of the budget at all and clearly isn't going to be first choice, so what's the problem? He runs around a lot, chases down the opposition and celebrates like he's just been signed up by Real Madrid when he scores a goal. Also has links with Wellingborough. There's a good chance nothing will come from him, but there's no harm in keeping him from another year. I bet he's on so little it can barely be considered a gamble.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 17:26:57 pm »

Sometimes these players are worth a gamble esp if he is on a lower salary - some of these type of gambls can lead to lots fo goals and great performances imo
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 18:05:10 pm »

Even if Seb only has another season where he pops up off the bench now and then, scores a couple of goals and does little else apart from helping bulk up the squad to a reasonable size- it's worth keeping him because he's being paid peanuts in comparison with some of the more established players. The alternative to keeping Seb is to have some Gary Mulligan-like waste of space demand £50,000 a year to do exactly the same job Seb's doing anyway. People criticise Seb ("competition winner" etc) but the truth is he contributed more last season than three of our other strikers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 18:07:01 pm by NTFC Nut » Report Spam   Logged

HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 18:15:48 pm »

Gary who?
Report Spam   Logged
deb_f

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 18:20:14 pm »

Works for me - love that enthusiasm and passion, but then I'm a girl so what do I know?
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 18:26:53 pm »

Works for me - love that enthusiasm and passion, but then I'm a girl so what do I know?
I'm led to believe (only from what I've read) that Tyro has enthusiasm and passion in abundance. Why don't you give him a call?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
fatblokecobbler

We all follow the cobblers.................

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 18:31:51 pm »

As threinabed says perhaps Sammos keeping him on for a year because he can play centre half.Sammo has said in interviews and reports in the chron that he sees Seb as a better centre half than a centre forward.
Im resonably happy about this one year deal,as some have said not a big gamble.
Though i cant bring myself to sing,USA,USA,USA whenever he comes on or warms up.
Report Spam   Logged

"She stripped to the beat but her clothes stay on."
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 20:55:43 pm »

Hey I'm a sucker for passion and commitment too, give the lad a go.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 00:00:02 am »

It's really make or break for Seb in his sophomore year now he's been drafted into the roster for the new match play series starting again in August.

Maybe Sammo will call him up for alittle more game play given his impressive ball on frame ratio, shame his debut to the roster series accounted to mainy playing reserve ball. Go the Cobberlers!!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 04:27:09 am »

It's really make or break for Seb in his sophomore year now he's been drafted into the roster for the new match play series starting again in August.

Maybe Sammo will call him up for alittle more game play given his impressive ball on frame ratio, shame his debut to the roster series accounted to mainy playing reserve ball. Go the Cobberlers!!

What?Huh?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
1 for the team

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 06:46:50 am »

well it can only be good news yes harris only came of the bench to notch up only 2 hours of first team football and in that scoring one goal so is goal that carnt be a bad thing he has watch a season of english football and from what samo sees in him must be what he use to be like someone with passion and a fire in his belly to do well for ntfc lets hope harris shows the doubters and the knocks and becomes a starter for 1 can say a club he holds close to his heart
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 07:11:21 am »

well it can only be good news yes harris only came of the bench to notch up only 2 hours of first team football and in that scoring one goal so is goal that carnt be a bad thing he has watch a season of english football and from what samo sees in him must be what he use to be like someone with passion and a fire in his belly to do well for ntfc lets hope harris shows the doubters and the knocks and becomes a starter for 1 can say a club he holds close to his heart

Bingers, do you want to come out of retirement for this one?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BleedingClaret

He's got claret coming out of him somewhere.

View Profile
Combination Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 10:08:30 am »

Grin The Northampton Cobblers
Report Spam   Logged

IAN SAMPSON.... Player. Gaffer. Legend
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: