The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 04:55:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Clarke leaves the Board

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clarke leaves the Board  (Read 3959 times)
Ted

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 19:06:29 pm »

Oooh it's just like old times on here. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 19:08:09 pm »

Welcome back to the "terraces" Tony.  I for one could never get excited about the trumped issue of the badge when there were and are much more important matters at stake such as the redevelopment.  Many on reading this will yawn but it remains the case that we as a club can never be anything other than a lower division yo yo club for as long as we don't have the revenue stream to keep our better players, build the support and move up and sustain a higher position.  So I am greatly relieved that you will carry on the fight and tell it as it is and not how the local Tories would us to believe as they attempt to re-write history.  The Lib Dems we can forget as a busted flush.
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 19:27:21 pm »

Thanks guys and don't worry about the knockers, my shoulders (like the rest of me) are very broad. I like DC did get p*ssed off with people having a go at those at the club who can't defend themselves, I am used to it, others take it fasr more to heart. On the development issue, we will keep fighting and at some point it will happen. We have been let down by all three party's over the years at the guildhall, they just don't understand (or don't want to) the importance of retaining league football in the town. It's a pity we don't play our home games on the Market Square! if we did they would throw money at us!
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 19:40:06 pm »

Well, we can defend ourselves. Mainly with petty insults, but it's a form of defence.

So, who do you think the idiots are here? Maybe now you don't speak directly for the club, we could have the 'Tony Clarke award for biggest kn*b on The Hotel End' - who will win the prestigious Manwork trophy this year I wonder?

You're a still a celebrity in our eyes, after all.   Kiss

Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 20:02:59 pm »

Its supposed to be a Cobblers message board but most of the posts are personal attacks on individuals who can't answer back!

For someone who dislikes personal attacks, you have to admit this is a pretty lazy slur on those of us who take the trouble to voice their opinions on here. Just as a few idiots can't damage the football club with their actions at Sixfields, so the occasional comment that oversteps the mark does not represent "most of the posts" on here. The club should consider themselves lucky to have people so supportive of the management and staff considering the recent difficulties on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 20:04:42 pm »

Alton, Happy to change that to "far too many posts" and accept that not all should be tarred with the same brush
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 20:17:17 pm »

Welcome back Tony.

Oooh it's just like old times on here. Grin

Just what I was thinking. It's all gone sooooooooooo 2006.

Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 20:26:29 pm »

Alton, Happy to change that to "far too many posts" and accept that not all should be tarred with the same brush

I'm sorry but "far too many posts" is still far too wide of the mark.
I think you misunderstand what purpose these boards serve. They are deliberately anonymous and gives the fans a chance to rant their fury without any recourse. If anyone at the club feels threatened or in any way abused by anything written on here they need to develop thicker skins. Virtually all the occasional personal insults on here are aimed at fellow posters, as you have done, and nothing has got worse than a well aimed retort. It's time the club stopped taking themselves so seriously and rise above it all.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 20:26:58 pm »

I may have got the wrong idea here, but I thought the main reason TC was brought in was to use his knowledge of local government to smooth through the redevelopment - I am not sure if in hindsight it made things worse?
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 21:04:36 pm »

I am struggling a bit here Alton? It's wrong for me to say "far too many posts" are over personal but OK for people in posts above to respond to my leaving the board by saying it was "10 years too late" wishing me "good riddance" and calling me a "sponger" and a "c*nt? And these are just occasional personal insults?

Herts another urban myth I am afraid I was bought in as general manager and that is what I did for 3 years before taking a step back. I wouldn't have taken the job as merely a conduit between the club and council, I can do that now for no wages. As to the development, nothing could have made matters worse, the only Councillor to come out with any credit was Cllr Phil Larratt who was the only leader of the council who tried to find a solution. All others before and since have been nothing but disinterested and indifferent to what we are trying to achieve. but there is an election just around the corner so expect more empty promises to wing there way across to us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 21:18:56 pm »

I am struggling a bit here Alton? It's wrong for me to say "far too many posts" are over personal but OK for people in posts above to respond to my leaving the board by saying it was "10 years too late" wishing me "good riddance" and calling me a "sponger" and a "c*nt? And these are just occasional personal insults?

Come on, you're an ex MP, stop being so precious, you've said far worse to your adversaries. Look between those posts and you'll see others that are supportive. By the way i can't spot the c*nt one, I wonder what happened to that.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 21:34:19 pm »

I can imagine the Larratt situation was a bit like the Alan Partridge episode when Tony Hayers fell off the roof to be replaced by Partridge's mate only to offer him a new deal but collapse as he was about to sign it.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 22:05:44 pm »

Tony, seeing as the general publics opinion of politicians right now is lower than a snakes belly even you must see the humour in one riding in here on a high horse.
I don't for one second doubt your passion and support for the club I love but in all fairness I can't see outwardly where the club have benefitted from your time at the club. Obviously I don't think it is down to you but the club seems to be in a far worse position than I can remember for some time. I welcome your thoughts especially those putting me right.
I would at this point like to give you a friendly warning, the funniest post in this thread has to be from Tory Ted, you know those knives your mrs has been pulling out of your back each night before bed...  Wink  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 22:17:45 pm »

I have one question and one question only. Have you eaten Manwork?
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 23:26:37 pm »

Ralap, I wouldn't dream of saying I did this or that and there are many members of NTFC's staff past and present who have worked hrs over the lst few yersvto turn things around.

Now we posted a profit on our account last year, albeit a small one in a year where we had income from player sales, but can someone remind me of the last year before that in which we achieved the same?

Your right about politicians but it didn't stop Joe public voting at the general election for the for the same people they had castigated justvweeks before. A plague on all there houses I say.

DustCobb, No if I had of done he would have no doubt have disagreed with me and my body would have ejected him.
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 23:54:49 pm »

Who's Tony Clarke?
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 07:35:23 am »

Erith, who am I?

I am: yet what I am none cares or knows,
My friends forsake me like a memory lost;
I am the self-consumer of my woes,
They rise and vanish in oblivious host,
Like shades in love and death's oblivion lost;
And yet I am! and live with shadows tost

Into the nothingness of scorn and noise,
Into the living sea of waking dreams,
Where there is neither sense of life nor joys,
But the vast shipwreck of my life's esteems;
And e'en the dearest--that I loved the best--
Are strange--nay, rather stranger than the rest.

I long for scenes where man has never trod;
A place where woman never smil'd or wept;
There to abide with my creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept:
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie;
The grass below--above the vaulted sky.

Now that was written by someone who really did contribute to Northamptonshire life and someone else you probably don't know?
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 07:42:39 am »

good job good ridden just another sponger in northampton towns history

What a c***, what a post from a twat who's probably done nothing for the club. Ever. Full stop. PS It's riddance for f***'s sake!"
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:23 am »

They are deliberately anonymous...

We CHOOSE to post anonymously. Steve Richards doesn't, for example, which did open him up for personal vilification on at least one occasion.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
DustCobb

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 07:58:58 am »

My personal views on all of this are that people look and read into things way to much, also some people seem to have some sort of vendetta and are neeeever happy.

Tony enjoy being a 'fan' again, i expect to see you starting some songs at away games.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: