The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:16:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

This week, Clarke Carlisle is mostly...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This week, Clarke Carlisle is mostly...  (Read 11334 times)
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:49 am »

When does he get time to have a **** ?
This week
Speaks up for Leon McKenzie
finds a cure for all know cancer
Plays for cobblers
attains world peace
Meets David Cameron
pays off Greeces debt
On Talk sport
Sky sports news
now commentating

He not only walks on water, he can swim through land!
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:31:45 am »

Friday press conference is online, Aidy doesn't seem to see Clarke's commitments as a problem.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
guest170

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 10:33:47 am »

I thought this was one of the reasons PNE didnt want to keep him so AB must have known from the start.

I understand his role with the PFA will require him to go to meetings such as the one on racism and to be available to comment on Tevez etc but would prefer it if he didnt do other non PFA related things
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:02:02 am »

I thought this was one of the reasons PNE didnt want to keep him so AB must have known from the start.

Thats because that idiot Wesley has them training morning, noon and night, five days a week.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:46 pm »

I understand his role with the PFA will require him to go to meetings such as the one on racism and to be available to comment on Tevez etc but would prefer it if he didnt do other non PFA related things
I think its up to him what he does in his spare time in all fairness
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 13:07:05 pm »

How dare the players have a life outside of games and training.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 13:27:22 pm »

I do hope that none of us go to the pub or volunteer for anything outside of our working lives. Shame on us that do  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 14:38:41 pm »

I Never Ever get jiggy on a School night  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Bu-Bu-Buchanan

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 15:34:49 pm »

It's been well reported for years now that pro footballers have a lot of spare time on their hands, hence the drinking, gambling, getting married to ugly money chasing rear entrance prefering ladies etc.

Maybe Clarke should not be filling his time with fullfilling and educational projects but Uzi, drive by and crack? Silly boy.
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 22:57:40 pm »

I think it's great that he has extra committments and shows that he isn't your typical footballer. If it doesn't interfere with his role as a player or family man then why shouldn't he?
It is fantastic that we have a player like this representing our club, and anyone who says otherwise is being silly!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 06:44:45 am »

I think it's great that he has extra committments and shows that he isn't your typical footballer. If it doesn't interfere with his role as a player or family man then why shouldn't he?
It is fantastic that we have a player like this representing our club, and anyone who says otherwise is being silly!

Spot on. Carlisle has had these commitments all season and still pitched up with a great performance in his first game. He then has a bit of an off day and people jump to the conclusion it's because he's doing too much away from the club. Personally, I thought it was great to be sitting in the pub on Wednesday only to look up at the TV and see one of our players walk through the door of 10 Downing Street on Sky Sports News. That sort of exposure can only be good for the club's profile, surely?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 06:52:12 am »

Spot on. Carlisle has had these commitments all season and still pitched up with a great performance in his first game. He then has a bit of an off day and people jump to the conclusion it's because he's doing too much away from the club. Personally, I thought it was great to be sitting in the pub on Wednesday only to look up at the TV and see one of our players walk through the door of 10 Downing Street on Sky Sports News. That sort of exposure can only be good for the club's profile, surely?

Probably good for Burnley, I doubt many people realise he is currently playing for us. His Twitter feed is full of Burnley fans
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 07:11:33 am »

Thats because that idiot Wesley has them training morning, noon and night, five days a week.

Yep and look what  happened to Stevenage when he made them do it -back to back promotions and a third in the offering. Just maybe that had something to do with it???
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 08:14:51 am »

Yep and look what  happened to Stevenage when he made them do it -back to back promotions and a third in the offering. Just maybe that had something to do with it???

Westley is a manager whose methods will not work at a bigger club.  It was like when John Beck was sussed.
Good job Marvin Morgan does not play for us - the knives would be out as he spends his afternoons running his clothing brand.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 18:31:51 pm »

S**t!!!
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 22:21:55 pm »

S**t!!!
But good on BBC 1,2,3,4,5 ITV1,2,3,4,5, Chanels 4,5,and 6 Sky sports news and Espn.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 22:29:01 pm »

You would think by being so clever he would have a pretty good idea how high a ball is likely to bounce.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 06:38:10 am »

One of the PNE squad was tweeting and texting details of behind closed doors meetings between Wesley and the team.  Not mentioning any names....
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:36 am »

I don't care what CC does off the pitch...good to see him as a high profile figure...but it's him playing for the Cobblers that matters to me & after a bright debut, the last 2 performances have been somewhat suspect. I hope it is not a permanent situation & that he regains his focus and imposes himself in this league.

I'm sure he can because he is a natural leader.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 14:29:49 pm »

But good on BBC 1,2,3,4,5 ITV1,2,3,4,5, Chanels 4,5,and 6 Sky sports news and Espn.

Don't forget retweeting
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: