The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:21:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bristol Rovers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers  (Read 5369 times)
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2012, 14:16:22 pm »

And to think, when we lost a few games in August and September some on here were saying that the season was over........ Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2012, 14:18:10 pm »

I wasn't there so I'll take you word for it on the fitness and chasing down, if that is happening then that is great, although I do still feel there is something amiss as it only seems to be in the last period of games where we seem to collapse.  Perhaps mentally they're not concentrating for the full 90 minutes.

May be nothing in it, but an opposing manager would look at how often we're conceding in the last part of the game and definitely think it is worth going a bit more gung-ho in that last 20 minutes to grab a goal or two as we looks susceptible.

I do think 3 centre halves is a good idea though, that has been arguably our best formation in the DC years and it'll reduce the need for the full-backs to be defensively focussed.  That said, does 3 at the back neuter the likes of Jacobs.
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2012, 15:14:47 pm »

I think we as fans have to look at ourselves in this too. As soon as they scored their first last night the tension in the ground was palpable. Here we go again etc etc. Then panicked shouts and moans at players in possession or slicing a clearance. It creates an atmosphere of panic, fear and anxiety. If anyone actually believes that this does not have an effect on those on the pitch I think they are seriously deluded.

I understand that the players have instilled this fear in us and really it is up to them to restore confidence and belief in them. However we could all help a bit.

How many of you thought we were gonna f&ck it up last night as soon as they scored their first (if not before)? And how many of you would have felt optimistic about getting back into the game if roles were reversed and we had just pulled it back to 3-1 with 20 minutes to go?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2012, 19:42:53 pm »

I think we as fans have to look at ourselves in this too. As soon as they scored their first last night the tension in the ground was palpable. Here we go again etc etc. Then panicked shouts and moans at players in possession or slicing a clearance. It creates an atmosphere of panic, fear and anxiety. If anyone actually believes that this does not have an effect on those on the pitch I think they are seriously deluded.

I understand that the players have instilled this fear in us and really it is up to them to restore confidence and belief in them. However we could all help a bit.

How many of you thought we were gonna f&ck it up last night as soon as they scored their first (if not before)? And how many of you would have felt optimistic about getting back into the game if roles were reversed and we had just pulled it back to 3-1 with 20 minutes to go?

Never mind 'as soon as they scored.' We were 3-0 up and yet I looked around at halftime and couldn't help but notice how edgy everyone looked. The trouble is we are so fragile defensively it is impossible not to feel nervous because everyone knows we are likely to concede, and once we do a second goal usually follows fairly quickly.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 19:45:05 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2012, 21:17:20 pm »

Indeed. I was relieved to get to HT with a 3-0 lead, then spent the rest of the second half hoping we would hang on!
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2012, 21:55:28 pm »

Self fulfiling prophecy.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2012, 23:25:53 pm »

Self fulfiling prophecy.

Of course it is. If we were five games into the season having won three and drawn one then everyone would be upbeat, including the players, and we wouldn't be caving in as the clock runs down. Unfortunately we've had a crap start and shipped goals at an alarming rate. We, as fans, feel the tension building as the match progresses because of what has gone before, and it stands to reason that the players are also feeling that pressure. Fair play though they dug in on Saturday and Tuesday, and although we dropped points at Cheltenham it is probably a fair assumption to suggest we would have lost both those games three months ago.
Report Spam   Logged
shakemaster

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2012, 07:52:02 am »

Spot on there jolly cobbler I agree with what your saying.If only we could tighten
up. at the back as we can score goals
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2012, 10:19:46 am »

Fair play to the West stand who kept on singing, well until the second went it. Thought they were in good voice Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2012, 21:57:25 pm »

You can't blame the fans for panicking during the 2nd half, we had no outlet due to  their 3 strikers camped in our half, and how quickly they moved the ball out from the back. The nervous tension was impossible to ignore but it probably got us through in the end.   
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2012, 22:53:29 pm »

we didnt let the lead slip

at the end of the game we were still in the lead, we were leading, and we were still leading at 90 minutes, therefore the lead was ours and hadnt slipped.

i think you simply mean we are **** poor when we are in front in games.

If you want to carry on with semantics...he obviously meant the margin of the lead slipped..which it clearly did! Also mentioned that we won't always be 3-0 up at the break to live with that margin slipping...so get off your pedantic high fcuking horse ffs!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2012, 08:03:50 am »

If you want to carry on with semantics...he obviously meant the margin of the lead slipped..which it clearly did! Also mentioned that we won't always be 3-0 up at the break to live with that margin slipping...so get off your pedantic high fcuking horse ffs!  Roll Eyes

Coolcat's got my back Wink

I think he had been put in place prior to this but youve now wedged the door shut Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: