The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:47:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Chron states 25% Budget Cut!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chron states 25% Budget Cut!  (Read 4958 times)
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« on: May 15, 2010, 12:41:21 pm »

According to the Chron we have got a 25% budget cut.

If Bayo signs we will have squad of 18
5 clubs or so to have bigger budgets including Bury?!?!?
Holt offered Two year deal.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 12:45:45 pm »

Hopefully there are a few mind games going on there...

They also report that Chesterfield and Bury have bigger budgets then us despite much smaller average gates this season, so i can't see that being the case...

But if that is true about the squad size if Bayo stays then i'm afraid he has to go. 18 players is no where near big enough for a 46 match season.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 12:48:42 pm »

I think they are predicting for next season.

Chesterfield may well be going for it with new stadium factor - but they have shed something like 12 players.

I would not be too concerned if they meant 18 excluding the three kids plus 1 or 2 loan top ups.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »

Sammo said with Bayo the squad will be smaller, around 18 or so.....on that basis.....see you Bayo.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »

Sammo said with Bayo the squad will be smaller, around 18 or so.....on that basis.....see you Bayo.

Of course it would be smaller without Bayo - unless he is going to sign James Corden Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:54:04 pm »

Seems you've turned over a new leaf aswell Herts, you were actually mildly funny my friend!

Sammo also said if he was a betting man he'd bet on Osman and Davis being here next season, seems to also think Thornton will stay.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:58:04 pm »

It really is me!

As Osman/Davis are both under 24, we will get a fee for them if

- their contract offer was the same or better and
- there is is not a repeat of the Coke debacle

I am sure it was mentioned that Osman was offered reduced terms - in which case he could go on a free which is what happened with Mark Hughes. If we really are cutting budget by 25% then that to me is a bit of a concern as I cannot see us being able to compete - unless everyone is doing the same.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 13:05:46 pm »

I'm comfortable with a 25% budget cut when you consider the sheer weight of utter s***e held in the squad last year.

So long as we can get rid of all the crap (that does include Hinton, McCready and Guinan), replace it with good players rather than panic signings and you're laughing.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnFrainInThe93rd

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 13:42:09 pm »

Seems you've turned over a new leaf aswell Herts, you were actually mildly funny my friend!

Sammo also said if he was a betting man he'd bet on Osman and Davis being here next season, seems to also think Thornton will stay.

Id be happy with those two signing.  I hear Holt is on a rather high salary, so his massive cut is more justified than I had first thought.  He would be a good utility player though.  Utility players in the mould of Holt not Curtis this season please. 
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 15:01:07 pm »

We might struggle to find anybody stupid enough to take Guinan off our hands. I don't for a minute expect Bayo to be here next season and if it means crippling the side in terms of squad depth then it isn't worth it anyway given the fact he spends 50% of the season unfit and we seem incapable of formulating a plan B for when he's out
Report Spam   Logged
JohnFrainInThe93rd

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 15:01:56 pm »

Good video on BBC of Sammo discussing the contracts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/northampton_town/8678368.stm
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 15:02:44 pm »

We might struggle to find anybody stupid enough to take Guinan off our hands. I don't for a minute expect Bayo to be here next season and if it means crippling the side in terms of squad depth then it isn't worth it anyway given the fact he spends 50% of the season unfit and we seem incapable of formulating a plan B for when he's out

Hereford? Cheesy  I can see him going there as player/manager!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 15:23:00 pm »

Budget isn't as important as some make out. Sure, being able to afford better players does give you an advantage, but there are other factors which are equally important- Bournemouth and Rochdale won promotion this season on the back of good team spirit, canny management and being used to this division and aware of what it takes to get out of it. We had two of those things this season but in the summer, the restructuring was done by a man who had absolutely no knowledge or experience of League Two whatsoever. That showed in the early part of the season, and is arguably what cost us our playoff place. We won't have that problem this coming season. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 15:26:43 pm »

I would question why the budget has been cut by 25% for 2 reasons. Firstly, I thought that the budget this season was set so that we didn't lose any money. Secondly, the money fed down from the premiership means that the club is 150k better off next season already. So why cut the budget by 300k, thats a swing of 450k....

Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 15:30:56 pm »

I would question why the budget has been cut by 25% for 2 reasons. Firstly, I thought that the budget this season was set so that we didn't lose any money. Secondly, the money fed down from the premiership means that the club is 150k better off next season already. So why cut the budget by 300k, thats a swing of 450k....

If David Cardoza is trying to recoup a bit of money I wouldn't blame him, but there's bound to be an alternative explanation. Is there some sort of parachute payment for relegated League One teams we won't be receiving next season? Has the cost of maintaining Sixfields increased? Maybe all the cheap season tickets and other deals have caught up with us?
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 15:36:36 pm »

Im sure there is an explanation, I would just like to know what it is. BUT if the club is budgeting itself to make a profit, at our level that will end any hope of progression on the field. Im hoping that it means investment in other areas that will in the long term increase turnover.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 16:50:59 pm »

If Cardoza, or anyone for that matter thinks we're going to be competitive with a squad of 18 we'd might as well give up now.
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 17:25:58 pm »

I assume it would be 18 before any loanees that come in, but that's still leaving the squad painfully thin.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 17:30:15 pm »

I assume it would be 18 before any loanees that come in, but that's still leaving the squad painfully thin.

It sure leaves us needing a few loanees, the tried and tested success of NTFC in 2008-09
Report Spam   Logged
ef_cobbler28

View Profile
Combination Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 17:45:11 pm »

It will be a good test of sammos and crozzas skills of getting the best players to fit the bill. Also a couple of middlesboro loanees to boot.

My reckon the wage bill is around the £825k mark. And remember bournmouth and rochdale had lower budgets than the £825k, plus 3 of the 4 play off teams most probably are around or lower than that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: