The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 05:24:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Official Summer Rumours Thread 2012

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Summer Rumours Thread 2012  (Read 151808 times)
Clerkenwellcobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:20 am »

Good - so long as it doesn't mean a poorer quality of recruits elsewhere in the team on lower wages to compensate.  If Webster is on a high wage, and he really doesn't look like getting anywhere close to a regular game as it stands, he has to be on his way, surely?!  Nana will be a gamble after the write-off that has been this campaign, so depending on what happens there, his wages could be used towards a fit full back.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 10:48:07 am »

CC put this on twitter:

I actually thought we were below our standards today, we'll be better next season

It looks like he's staying toto me.

I think he will. Talk of him being on ten grand a week next season is ridiculous, whoever he signs for he'll get nowhere near that.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 11:01:45 am »

if he is on it now, it wouldnt be that much of a surprise for next season - he wouldnt take a massive pay cut would he
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 11:41:09 am »

I heard from a mate down the pubs friends mums dog that we may have a returning cobbler next season.

TED

And there was me hoping it would be Danny Jackman...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 11:46:49 am »

if he is on it now, it wouldnt be that much of a surprise for next season - he wouldnt take a massive pay cut would he

I'd be astonished if anyone in this league permanently contracted to a club is on 5k a week, let alone 10. Given the colossal overspend this season (getting rid of G.Johnson, signing P.Turnbull) you'd have thought Cardoza might want to reign it in a bit.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:57:12 am by Raz » Report Spam   Logged
JimmyRiddle

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 11:54:49 am »

unless someone finds an extra 10k a week - carlisle wont be here next season

We seriously need to put this 'he's on megabucks' theory to bed. He's nearing 33 years old and is out of contract in the Summer. He was found to be suspect in the Championship and more recently at League 1 level for PNE. So he's coming towards the last few years of his career. With his contract being up soon, he'll have to reduce his salary considerably. I don't think he'll be here come August but considering all the other things he has going for him he won't be asking for that much.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 12:37:57 pm »

We seriously need to put this 'he's on megabucks' theory to bed. 

why?!

when he is.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 12:45:31 pm »

Ominous news from Crackers on Twitter...

Michael Jacobs ‏ @mjacobs18
Off to tgi's inabit to meet the agent @alzeelev see if he's got any decent news for me  Cry

Obviously, would love him to remain with us beyond this season but just can’t see it. Just hope he doesn’t move to Scotland so that we get a decent fee for him. Played lots of games for such a young lad so that should work in our favour at tribunal.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 13:00:54 pm »

"Decent news" could also include a really good offer from NTFC - that would also go through his agent.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 13:07:00 pm »

Ominous news from Crackers on Twitter...

Michael Jacobs ‏ @mjacobs18
Off to tgi's inabit to meet the agent @alzeelev see if he's got any decent news for me  Cry

Obviously, would love him to remain with us beyond this season but just can’t see it. Just hope he doesn’t move to Scotland so that we get a decent fee for him. Played lots of games for such a young lad so that should work in our favour at tribunal.

It could be related to our contract offer which must be on the table around now. Strange one to put on twitter though...

As for CC... he's never going to command 10k a week now because he wont be playing in the Championship. I think he will be here next season on a very good wage at this level im sure, but dont be silly.
He's our captain, he's publicly stated how much he enjoys it here and he is given the freedom to do his extra curricular work, which he wasnt elsewhere (this will supplement his lower wage and give him a grounding for life beyond his playing career). A perfect move for him at this point in his career.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 13:24:51 pm »

I'd be both amazed and delighted if MJ stays, but, as usual, clubs higher up the pyramid will be in a position to give him an offer he can't refuse. He's reasonably hot property at the moment and can't be sure that the same will be true in 12 months.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Gerard_Lavin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 13:31:30 pm »

Michael Jacobs aint going nowhere. mark my words.

(feel free to quote this if he does)
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 13:37:55 pm »

Interviewed in the Chron today saying that he wants to achieve something here before he leaves, maybe pointing towards staying.

Having said that, I don't think anyone would begrudge him a decent move if an offer came in for him.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 14:02:12 pm »

Interviewed in the Chron today saying that he wants to achieve something here before he leaves, maybe pointing towards staying.

Having said that, I don't think anyone would begrudge him a decent move if an offer came in for him.

Scoring from open play and with a pen "Kop End" at Anfield is some achievement already in my book...

Agreed though, no one with any sense should begrudge him an upward move. We love ya Crackers  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 15:17:48 pm »

I'd love to know how much the average league 2 player earns, but I think we can work it out. With a playing budget of around 800K, 20 players would average around 40K a year. This would seem reasonable to me compared to current average salary.

Players like Bayo and CC might reach 100K a year but I doubt much more.

As for Jacobs, whatever the club are about to offer it won't nearly be enough. They should offer him a 2 year contract putting him up with the higher earners of the club just to protect the club's investment. It would make good economic sense even if he left in January, for 500K say. If it cost the club an extra grand a week to keep him they would get their money back. Just to enable the contract they should set a minimum release fee clause so Michael knows if a good offer came in he would not be duty bound to stay.

I would say he has achieved a lot in 2 years at the club but will become a better player if he stays at the club under AB's stewardship. His game still needs to develop. He needs to learn when to pass and when to shoot. He needs to work on his free kicks, corners and crossing but in time I'm sure he will be good enough for Championship football - but not just yet.

Reading his interview in the Cron suggests he is a level-headed and likeable guy. Lets hope he heeds good advice.
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 16:31:11 pm »

The bets we will be able tl get out of Jacobs is about 200K, decent add-ons and the option of getting him loaned back to us for next season.
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 17:29:55 pm »

I'd love to know how much the average league 2 player earns, but I think we can work it out. With a playing budget of around 800K, 20 players would average around 40K a year. This would seem reasonable to me compared to current average salary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2055140/Premier-League-wages-FIVE-times-Championship.html

You're not far off. £38,844 is the average wage in League 2...
Report Spam   Logged
Bath Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 19:38:01 pm »

On the BBC website Mr Cardoza states that AB wants a 19 man squad next season with the club having a top 6 budget. An emphasis on quality and not quantity which will be a refreshing change to this season. 

Although I'm sure that was said this time last year as well...
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 19:49:06 pm »

Will definitely believe that when I see it
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 20:06:27 pm »

A 19 man squad of quality is correct, injuries can then be covered by loans, I think the following 15 players will stay:

1 Shane Higgs
2 Lewis Young
3 Anthony Charles
4 Ben Tozer
5 Byron Webster
6 Adebayo Akinfenwa
7 Neal Kitson
8 John Johnson
9 Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi
10 Luke Guttridge
11 Lewis Wilson
12 Ben Harding
13 Kelvin Langmead
14 Michael Jacobs*
15 Clarke Carlisle*

That is 15 players made up of 2 Goalies, 6 Defenders ,5 Midfielders, 2 Attackers

Which means 4 quality players can be signed with the money saved from the following players leaving, I have guessed at their weekly wages, but I would guess both Jacobs and Carlisle would only sign for similar wages to Bayo (around 2.5k per week?)

Jason Crowe  1k
Arron Davies  2.5k
Jake Robinson 2k
Brett Williams loan
Andy Holt      1k
Nathaniel Wedderburn 1k
Paul Turnbull 1k
Ryan Gilligan 1k
Toni Silva loan
Freddy Hall 500
Blair Adams loan
Dean Snedker yts?
Lewis Hornby yts?

Go, give or take I make that 10k per week on players wages cut by those leaving. If Bayo is 2.5k a week, then Jacobs and Carlisle might command that, so that leaves 5k per week for 4 more players, 1 quality striker and 3 decent squad players and we have a team looking to challenge for at least the playoffs I reckon.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 20:09:05 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: