The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:34:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Official Summer Rumours Thread 2012

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Summer Rumours Thread 2012  (Read 150675 times)
memyhead

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: April 10, 2012, 14:20:37 pm »

Too early?  Grin

AB stated after the game yesterday he was off to see a match/player tonight and wants to get all his targets tied up nice and early if possible...

As for the ones defo to be released, I would guess...

Gilligan
Holt
Wedderburn
Hall
Crowe

All loanees to go back...

with Robinson, Davies & Turnbull asked to seek pastures new...

Current squad is as follows...

1 Shane Higgs
2 Lewis Young
3 Anthony Charles
4 Jason Crowe
5 Ben Tozer
6 Byron Webster
7 Arron Davies
8 Jake Robinson
9 Brett Williams
10 Adebayo Akinfenwa
11 Andy Holt
12 Nathaniel Wedderburn
13 Neal Kitson
14 John Johnson
15 Paul Turnbull
16 Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi
17 Michael Jacobs
20 Ryan Gilligan
21 Michael Built
22 Luke Guttridge
23 Lewis Wilson
24 Toni Silva
25 Clarke Carlisle
26 Freddy Hall
27 Ben Hading
28 Kelvin Langmead
29 Blair Adams
30 Dean Snedker
31 Lewis Hornby

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Adam-NTFC

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 14:45:17 pm »

As for the ones defo to be released, I would guess...

Gilligan
Holt
Wedderburn
Hall
Crowe

You can add Michael Built to that list as his end of season exit has already been confirmed.
Maybe Turnbull, Robinson, Davies  to be sold/released
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2016
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 14:57:02 pm »

I reckon:

Under Contract - Transfer listed in red

1 Shane Higgs
2 Lewis Young
5 Ben Tozer
6 Byron Webster
7 Arron Davies
8 Jake Robinson

10 Adebayo Akinfenwa
13 Neal Kitson
15 Paul Turnbull
16 Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi Although I hope he gets a chance
22 Luke Guttridge
27 Ben Harding
28 Kelvin Langmead

Out of Contract - Terms Offered
3 Anthony Charles
9 Brett Williams
14 John Johnson
17 Michael Jacobs
25 Clarke Carlisle

Out of Contract - Maybes?
23 Lewis Wilson
29 Blair Adams
30 Dean Snedker
31 Lewis Hornby

Out of Contract - Released/Loan Expired
4 Jason Crowe
11 Andy Holt
12 Nathanial Wedderburn
20 Ryan Gilligan
21 Michael Built
24 Toni Silva
26 Freddy Hall
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 14:59:43 pm »

I'm pretty certain young is on a 1 year contract. If so I'd get rid.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 15:04:34 pm »

youre probably right... think he might be given another year though, depending on wages.

Anyway, who is AB looking at tonight? Not many games going on, so I'll guess Fleetwood v Wrexham.
Report Spam   Logged
GreenleysCobbler

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 15:53:41 pm »

I would keep Webster.  He's young enough to still develop and we need back up even if Carlisle stays.  I can't see there being many better alternatives available for the same money.

I also get the impression AB like Robinson.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him here next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 16:12:41 pm »

I think we will keep Webster as I can't see us signing Carlisle unfortunately.
Players like Carlisle are just the sort of players you need to get a team out of this division but I think it may be out of our reach to get permanent signings like Carlisle.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 16:36:46 pm »

I would keep Webster.  He's young enough to still develop and we need back up even if Carlisle stays.  I can't see there being many better alternatives available for the same money.

I also get the impression AB like Robinson.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him here next season.
I seem to remember GJ earlier in the season saying both Webster & Nana were higher earners. Might be difficult to offload even if we did want to.
As for Robinson although AB did say he liked him, he has barely featured. Might be one of the easier to move on, also as a higher earner would give AB more scope to build next seasons squad.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 16:55:39 pm »

I think yesterdays subs tell you all you need to know about robinsons future !
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 17:08:59 pm »

Kitson's out of contract at the end of the season as well unless I've missed something.

Am sure he'll be offered a new one though.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 18:07:43 pm »

Kitson's out of contract at the end of the season as well unless I've missed something.

Am sure he'll be offered a new one though.

Well i'm hoping we have a 'first option' clause built into his contract, otherwise we may have dropped a clanger.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 18:18:46 pm »

Well i'm hoping we have a 'first option' clause built into his contract, otherwise we may have dropped a clanger.

AB pretty much stated after the Oxford game that Kitson will be here for the long term...

I'm sure as soon as we are mathematically safe then details regarding a new contract offer for Kitson will be revealed. Minimum two years hopefully, with Higgs as a quality number 2.
Report Spam   Logged
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 18:19:59 pm »

I heard from a mate down the pubs friends mums dog that we may have a returning cobbler next season.

TED
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
JimmyRiddle

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 19:34:15 pm »

Under contract/ offer fresh terms - To Stay

Higgs
Kitson
Tozer
Webster
Akinfenwa
Johnson
Harding
Nana 
Jacobs
Guttridge
Wilson
Carlisle
Langmead 
Snedker
Hornby

Released/End of loan/Sold
Turnbull
Holt
Davies
Robinson
Charles ?
Wedderburn
Young
F Hall
Built
Gilligan
Silva
Williams ?
Adams ?
Purcell
Crowe
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 07:57:23 am »

unless someone finds an extra 10k a week - carlisle wont be here next season

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:03:56 am »

unless someone finds an extra 10k a week - carlisle wont be here next season

Another team in administration?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 08:10:50 am »

It's obvious that we need to pull out all the stops to keep Carlisle. He has made a huge difference to the club, both on and off the pitch and is the first proper leader we've had since Ian Taylor and Sean Dyche (who were arguably the decisive factors in our last promotion from this division). I don't think it's overstating the case to say that, along with Guttridge, his signing has saved our season.

There will be competition for his signature, but I would have thought that there are quite a few things in our favour.
He clearly likes the club and gets on well with the players and the manager. He's even spoken of falling in love with football again. I would have thought this would be more important to someone with his prior achievements than the difference between League One and League Two football. Location might be factor, but Northampton is closer to London which is where most of his media/union work takes place.

10k a week is a bit extreme for a player who has played League One and League Two football all season. Even if he is on that much, Burnley will want him off their wage bill, and I would have thought he'll have to take a sizeable pay cut wherever he goes.
Surely with his media activities money won't be the only factor in his decision?

Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:42 am »

If it needs 10k a week to sign CC then we shouldn't be in the running. But Preston fans didn't rate him good enough for L1 so if that's true, then he'll struggle to command such a fee. But if we are to learn anything from GJ's tenure and subsequent renaissance under AB it's that you need an experienced spine to the team - CC is playing in an integral position and we need someone of similar quality if we are to harbour any thoughts of challenging at the right end of the table next season.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Clerkenwellcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:05 am »

It is blindingly obvious that Darren Purse and CC have made a massive difference for Plymouth and the Cobblers, respectively.  Experience in defensive positions is so important in L2, and something which has been missing for a very long time at Sixfields.  If Aidy can't afford to sign CC, he has to look at another similarly experienced leader who will be able to step in.  If he sticks with Langmead and someone like Charles, them mid table will be fine, however, if he wants to look towards the play-offs or the automatic places, a Dyche-type organiser is vital. 
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 10:22:53 am »

CC put this on twitter:

I actually thought we were below our standards today, we'll be better next season

It looks like he's staying toto me.

Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: