The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:03:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Michael Jacobs

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Jacobs  (Read 5806 times)
towcestercobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2012, 21:11:08 pm »

Not that I know the answer to this, but can we do that if it goes to a tribunal? I would think the league comes up with a figure for compensation, and the buying club has to pay it - can the two clubs still negotiate over players going the other way as well as/instead of cash at that point?

But sometimes it wont go to a tribunal and the cclubs just sort it out bbetween themselves. Eg - Chris Dunn and Paul turnbull recently.
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2012, 07:51:40 am »

I just think his ability to control the ball at speed, get past a player and a wicked shot means he'll play at the top level. I wouldn't be surprised if Reading pick him up at the end of the season with perhaps including Williams to us in the deal.

Isnt Williams out of contract himself?

Anyway, if a deal for Jacobs goes to tribunal then 200k (+add on's) is a decent guess based on past deal but quite often the amount is payable in stages depending on appearances etc. So it could be 50k up front with further installments that may or may not come into force. Werent they talking about scrapping the tribunal system at some point? Dont know if anything came of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2012, 07:58:02 am »

But sometimes it wont go to a tribunal and the cclubs just sort it out bbetween themselves. Eg - Chris Dunn and Paul turnbull recently.
It seems you're right Towcester - the tribunal isn't an automatic thing, it only comes in to play if the clubs can't agree, so pretty much any deal can be struck. Makes sense, really.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
bigcitylights

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14:53 am »

Well Johnson was/is better the Jacobs and Chambers is nowhere near good enough for the Prem.

How do you know?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2012, 07:58:02 am »

Well Johnson was/is better the Jacobs and Chambers is nowhere near good enough for the Prem.

Not sure I agree about Johnson, he wasn't doing particularly well when we sold him to Leeds, although I must admit he's come on really well.
Chambers does seem welded to Notts Forest, he might be tempted to move on if they stay stuck at the wrong end of the Championship.
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2012, 10:13:42 am »

Because he is not playing in the Prem.

Neither's Messi.
Report Spam   Logged
D-DayDan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:39 am »

Neither's Messi.

If Messi was playing in the Championship he wouldn't look as good. He'd never have as much time on the ball and would get closed down quicker by players like Hayden Mullins rather than Xabi Alonso (slow rubbish player). I think this is Chambers' problem. Maybe Barcelona should have signed him as a youngster and handed him his first team debut at 17, then he'd be able to walk into practically any team in the world as well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2012, 12:32:30 pm »

My mate is a STH at florist and reckons Chambers has been shocking at times this season and last. In fact last season he wanted us to have him back!
Ive heard the same from a few Forrest fans. A few years ago the manger said he was the only player that would be good enough in the prem, now he is seen as a bit of a liability.
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2012, 14:40:16 pm »

Ive heard the same from a few Forrest fans. A few years ago the manger said he was the only player that would be good enough in the prem, now he is seen as a bit of a liability.

He was their player of the season last year just so you're aware.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 15:30:10 pm »

He did well against Palace when I watched him the other week.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 15:53:52 pm »

Xabi Alonso (slow rubbish player).

I take it that's a joke? Alonso who was in Spain's starting 11 when they won the world cup...!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 18:14:08 pm »

The original question was, "how do you know he wouldn't be good enough to play in the prem" my reply was "he isn't playing in the prem and in any top league in Europe". Can't get any more factual than that Mr terry. Not good enough otherwise he would be, pretty simple really.

The original argument about Jacobs having more time on the ball so he will look great higher up is quite simply ludicrous. A top player can play at any level.

The Championship is one of the top leagues in Europe, certainly in terms of money and attendances.
Report Spam   Logged

LondonRoad

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2012, 20:35:29 pm »

The Championship is one of the top leagues in Europe, certainly in terms of money and attendances.

It is, your quite right. Happily we've secured our place at the top table for another year of building and progress.

We're coming for Jacobs, who at his age if they had any real ambition wouldn't jump at the chance for championship football? Anyway as I always said surviving in the Championship would make us worlds apart now with the money and revenue from being in this great league. Try and join us one day. till then enjoy the struggle.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2012, 21:28:04 pm »

It is, your quite right. Happily we've secured our place at the top table for another year of building and progress.

We're coming for Jacobs, who at his age if they had any real ambition wouldn't jump at the chance for championship football? Anyway as I always said surviving in the Championship would make us worlds apart now with the money and revenue from being in this great league. Try and join us one day. till then enjoy the struggle.

Grin You don't know when to stop do you? You won't last long up there.
Report Spam   Logged

LondonRoad

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2012, 22:15:22 pm »

Grin You don't know when to stop do you? You won't last long up there.
Grin can't resist, I tried really I did.

I told you all to watch out for Paul Taylor now one of the hottest properties in football, said you wouldn't get promoted and we'd stay up, so I feel you should listen to some of what I say. Boyd and him will be hard to replace but hopefully Bazza has others in the pipeline to replace them for our second season syndrome!

Without my pathetic attitude etc seriously glad you stayed up, got shot of Tragic and appointed AB, plain to see if you can keep hold of him he will take you places. Once and for all I have no idea if we're interested on Jacobs but I got a few bites off some of you on here over the season. Good luck and enjoy your summer.

Till next season my six fingered friends.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: