The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 14:08:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

THANK YOU!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THANK YOU!!  (Read 8739 times)
Tony Clarke

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 22:07:05 pm »

Thanks Drilling, I really can't remember what said that upset Ben at the time, but I obviously judged him before I should have and that alone deserves an apology.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 22:17:38 pm »

Thanks Drilling, I really can't remember what said that upset Ben at the time, but I obviously judged him before I should have and that alone deserves an apology.

Yep - some of us on here wouldn't apologise for anything - well done even if you are a Labour man Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2013, 05:11:23 am »

If I remember correctly it was something about Northampton not wanting fans like that and hoping he was prosecuted. I'm sure Black Army remembers in more detail...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2013, 09:05:15 am »

everbrite, Labour man? where have you been? backofthenet I guess in general if that was what I said it would be true IF of course he was guilty, but he wasn't, so lesson learnt.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:14 am »

everbrite, Labour man? where have you been? backofthenet I guess in general if that was what I said it would be true IF of course he was guilty, but he wasn't, so lesson learnt.

Don't try to wriggle out of this with weasel words.  You added no condition of guilt to your comment and immediately assumed Ben to be guilty and condemned him as such as well as implying that this was somehow the norm amongst Cobblers' fans on the Chron website.  Regrettably there were also other seemingly regular posters on there who were all too ready and willing to pile in with similar accusations. 
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2013, 10:33:58 am »

Blimey Insider, thanks a million, for telling me what I was really thinking whenever I said whatever I can't remember saying! have you ever considered taking your skills to the circus or fairground? I am sure their is still a demand for good soothsayers and seers.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:16 am »

Don't try to wriggle out of this with weasel words.  You added no condition of guilt to your comment and immediately assumed Ben to be guilty and condemned him as such as well as implying that this was somehow the norm amongst Cobblers' fans on the Chron website.  Regrettably there were also other seemingly regular posters on there who were all too ready and willing to pile in with similar accusations. 

Tad spiteful Insider - in a lot of other Countries "Ben" would be considered guilty unless he could prove otherwise. As it happened thanks to our Laws "Ben" was acquitted. Good Job the incident happened in the UK and not for example France!

ps So which political hue is TC now!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »

Tad spiteful Insider - in a lot of other Countries "Ben" would be considered guilty unless he could prove otherwise. As it happened thanks to our Laws "Ben" was acquitted. Good Job the incident happened in the UK and not for example France!

ps So which political hue is TC now!

An Independant shade of green with red trim?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 13:06:35 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »

If you must know, TCexMP, I thought your post yesterday could have been better worded.  Quote "The court it seems threw out..." when you could simply have omitted those words: he was acquitted, end of. 

And before Everbrite gets on his supercilious high horse again, I was probably the first person to offer to stand up in court in defiance of a clear fabrication and assumption of guilt by many, and provided written testimony to the magistrates to the same end.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2013, 12:55:30 pm »

An I dependant shade of green with red trim?
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

And before Everbrite gets on his supercilious high horse again,

...........I wont but still think you were a tad spiteful that's all Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2013, 13:32:34 pm »

Insider, The court threw it out and so he is not guilty and I therefore apologise, no ifs no buts, and for the record no "it seems" my lexicon was from ignorance of the case and not meant to question the outcome. I could have equally said "as it happens" or "it turns out that"

On my political views, this should help http://tonyclarkeindependent.blogspot.co.uk/ "The Big Northampton Watermelon - Green on the outside - Red to the core - a refreshing red/green snapshot of local and national political issues from Green Party member Tony Clarke
Report Spam   Logged
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2013, 14:19:25 pm »

It is quite acceptable that Tony has changed his views on this subject even though he can't apparently remember what he said at the time, just as it is acceptable that Ed Millibands dad changed his views on Britain and didn't hate it all along, allegedly. Red in the middle even redder on the surface.
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2013, 14:40:36 pm »

Boca, don't get me started on Ralph Millaband he was four times the man his two sons will ever be! Ralph was born in Belguim but had to flee with his family from the Nazi's, he signed up with the Royal Navy and fought against the Nazis in the second world war. Ralph hated the British establishment, not the British, he had a brilliant intellect and was one of the first to foresee the Labour party breaking away from its traditional roots.
Report Spam   Logged
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2013, 15:02:14 pm »

Was he a Marxist would you say?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2013, 15:27:27 pm »

At the time I thought Tony C may have been too hasty to condemn and events proved he was wrong to say what he did BUT hands up anyone who hasn't either done something wrong, or made a terrible mistake?  The important and sadly rare thing is when the person concerned admits to it and apologises, which Tony has readily done. It's the only way for life to move on and have meaning. The original arrest was a travesty of justice. Also, it's worth rememvering that the majority of stewards are decent people doing a good job for football.Clearly there were some duff ones in this instance who were prepared to bend the truth (ie. lie) or run with a mistaken identity just to get an arrest. I'm glad our supporter was acquitted and congratulate him on following it through.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 15:29:41 pm by SteveRiches » Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2013, 16:18:54 pm »

Boca, don't get me started on Ralph Millaband he was four times the man his two sons will ever be! Ralph was born in Belguim but had to flee with his family from the ****'s, he signed up with the Royal Navy and fought against the ****s in the second world war. Ralph hated the British establishment, not the British, he had a brilliant intellect and was one of the first to foresee the Labour party breaking away from its traditional roots.

Oh I think Miliband was also spot on in the diary entry used by the Mail. 
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2013, 16:26:59 pm »

They do say that "the truth hurts" whatever that means.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2013, 17:43:30 pm »

To be fair, and as the thread proves I think...I was one of the most appaled 'posters' at the lack of apology as well as the initial comments on the chron site which I read. Tony has now appologised and dragged something up that is 12 months old knowing it would cause a mixed reactio.
While I lean fairly right on the political spectrum I do so without a personal agenda and think that the mails behaviour this week has been truly appalling. And I can't stand Millibands politics! Tony's a decen guy and he ballsed up big time but he's appologised...we now move on. Or at least
We should do.

Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2013, 19:42:46 pm »

Was he a Marxist would you say?

Yes, he was a Marxist, whose work is highly respected by intelligent people of all political orientations for how it's added to the body of knowledge, including right wing Conservatives. If the Mail favours the kind of inane, pantomime-style, policy-free, public school silliness that Cameron spouted today at the Conservative conference then god help us all.
Hazard a guess how much the Mail's "non dom" owner paid in tax in the UK last year? I'll give you a clue: it's a figure just slightly less than £1. Very patriotic - the hypocrisy is staggering! Ralph Milliband volunteered for the Navy in WWII, ffs! Balls of steel!

Anyway, when are we signing Emile Heskey?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: