The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:53:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ched Evans

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 918 times)
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: April 20, 2012, 16:02:55 pm »

Sent down for 5 years for rape, yet McDonald is freed? Unless there is something else that happened other that what is being reported(probable), then that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 16:14:26 pm »

Without being present in court or having a full transcript its impossible to comment.
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 16:16:08 pm »

If you read the report on the BBC it goes someway to explaining it
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 17:22:44 pm »

This might help a bit.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/896803-ched-evans-guilty-of-raping-woman-19-as-clayton-mcdonald-cleared?ITO=socialm
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 17:53:55 pm »

That report doesn't explain anything. I understand the rape laws of this country, if she was unable to consent to sex with Evans then how can she be able to consent to McDonald?

Without being present in court or having a full transcript its impossible to comment.

That's why I said unless something else has happened, but we have an open justice system, you'd think it'd be reported why McDonald was freed and not Evans no?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending rapists, I'm just interested to know how the jury came to this verdict.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 17:55:37 pm by ntfc_alex » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 21:52:02 pm »

hmmmm looks like somebody is trying to find out the perfect defense to use for a future crime...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 21:56:53 pm »

hmmmm looks like somebody is trying to find out the perfect defense to use for a future crime...

or as a student of the subject I take a genuine interest in it  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 22:13:47 pm »

or as a student of the subject I take a genuine interest in it  Grin
Shocked That sounds worse than what I said!
Report Spam   Logged

ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 22:14:24 pm »

Shocked That sounds worse than what I said!

oh wow, student of law... not student of rape!  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 16:07:06 pm »

No time for rapists - but this is a weird one. One gets 5 years the other goes free? Does not compute.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 16:18:52 pm »

No time for rapists - but this is a weird one. One gets 5 years the other goes free? Does not compute.

Because Clayton actually pulled the girl. He met her in a kebab shop, got her back, had his way with her. Ched Evans come back after Clayton had his fun. I reckon Ched will get a successful appeal anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest47

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 23:36:02 pm »

That report doesn't explain anything. I understand the rape laws of this country, if she was unable to consent to sex with Evans then how can she be able to consent to McDonald?

That's why I said unless something else has happened, but we have an open justice system, you'd think it'd be reported why McDonald was freed and not Evans no?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending rapists, I'm just interested to know how the jury came to this verdict.

I guess there's a presumption of consent with McDonald because of what happened when she was not drunk, but not able to consent with Evans.

It's interesting for this forum as we have a chap wrongly prosecuted for racial language and being named. Should both the players in this case have the same anonymity as the victim?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 06:35:01 am »

Should both the players in this case have the same anonymity as the victim?

I've often said that. In cases where a victim is (quite rightly) granted anonymity it's generally where there is some sort of stigma attached to what was alleged to have happened. Mud tends to stick in these sort of cases too, so even if someone is accused, named and then found innocent the poor sod will always have that linked to their name. If someone has been found guilty then by all means plaster their name all over the papers, but up to that point they should have the same rights as the victim.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 22:57:50 pm »

Just been named in League Ones team of the year ... wonder if that'll get changed due to recent circumstances
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:39 am »

Just been named in League Ones team of the year ... wonder if that'll get changed due to recent circumstances

i dont think it is based on what they get up to off the pitch
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:10:35 pm »

Really awkward but they won't change it
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 16:29:47 pm »

well if he was named in it, its perhaps a touch late now
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: