The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:10:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cobblers World?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cobblers World?  (Read 2135 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:05:28 am »

We are increasingly seeing posts referring to the service, or lack of, from Cobblers World especially on Match Days, although these are being diluted because they are in varying different threads.
Please post here all your ACTUAL, not invented or made up, problems and difficulties that subscribers are having or have had.
If the problem has subseqeuntly been solved, also include how you achieved the solution so that other users are able to use the information.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:17:22 am »

For the record:
I used to use it before it didn't work more times than it did.
Shame really because for us out of towners it is the only way of getting the Cobblers 'live' fix.
I haven't had it for at least the past two seasons, probably a few more, and I haven't missed it, I rely now on the texts I receive both home and away during the matches and this board to keep me up to date.

If it was reliable and it quite clearly still isn't, I may re-join, but there is a long way for them to go.
Report Spam   Logged

Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:40:19 am »

Yesterday I just couldn't get in after many attempts, kept getting an error patch message, ruined my Saturday, had to suffer the BBC Red button Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 11:23:30 am »

Yesterday it took me 10-15 minutes to log in. Consequently I missed the commentary for that amount of time. Now as I paid £34.99 to receive commentary I was well pissed off. Before signing up at the start of the season I was under the impression that I could access video archive from a fair few seasons. It looks as though I can only watch archive from last season. What a rip off. I thank you.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 13:49:39 pm »

Have not renewed this season.

Is it just me or do many of the interviews end in the middle of the coversation?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 15:24:54 pm »

Have not renewed this season.

Is it just me or do many of the interviews end in the middle of the coversation?

Yes I've often thought that interviews cut off when the interviewee is often obviously still talking.

As for the Bury game... I had no problems logging on (I only tried for 2nd half) the problem for me was the usual crap quality from the Cobblers commentary.... I listened to the Bury commentary and I thought they were very biased towards Bury, I do understand this but I find the Tim Oglethorpe is very good at being impartial... The 2 commentators spent most of the 2nd half moaning about players going down to easy and when a Bury player went down they wanted a card to be shown
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 15:41:39 pm »

Yes I've often thought that interviews cut off when the interviewee is often obviously still talking.

As for the Bury game... I had no problems logging on (I only tried for 2nd half) the problem for me was the usual crap quality from the Cobblers commentary.... I listened to the Bury commentary and I thought they were very biased towards Bury, I do understand this but I find the Tim Oglethorpe is very good at being impartial... The 2 commentators spent most of the 2nd half moaning about players going down to easy and when a Bury player went down they wanted a card to be shown

I only listened to the first half but thought the Bury commentators were brilliant to be fair. They kept calling Paul Rodgers "Predator" and towards the end of the half had a couple of lengthy discussions about biscuits and about how no-one was listening to them. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

abington_cobbler

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 16:29:23 pm »

I only listened to the first half but thought the Bury commentators were brilliant to be fair. They kept calling Paul Rodgers "Predator" and towards the end of the half had a couple of lengthy discussions about biscuits and about how no-one was listening to them. Grin

To be fair to them I think they were just frustrated that they didnt go on to win the game, at the end they did say it was points dropped rather than 1 gained and that Bury should be beating teams like Northampton at home
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 17:18:30 pm »

I don't think that the actual commentary is the point here. It's the service or non-service provided by Cobblers World that is the issue.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 17:31:15 pm »

I don't think that the actual commentary is the point here. It's the service or non-service provided by Cobblers World that is the issue.

On the offy Bury site there is an apology for Bury Player users, apparently the external company perform is to blame.

I wonder if our club will post this apology also.

Seems it was a problem with the provider and was not exclusibe to cobblers users.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Baldy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

Thanks for that Hask. I don't really care who's to blame. I just want to be sure I can receive the service I signed up for and paid a lot of money for whenever I want to. If it was a one off then it's not so bad but it appears that it has happened a lot in the past.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 06:50:32 am »

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2131271,00.html

There are contact details for those who wish to receive a fuller explanation.
That is the apology for the Bury match but it appears that the problems are not restricted to just this one match?

I am sure that many would be interested in the responses?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 13:19:57 pm »

Gripe 1... I've used CW on a few laptops and the sound quality is awful.  I have to use earphones to even begin to hear it properly and even then they may aswell be commentating the game through two plastic cups and a piece of string. Yet whenever I listen to our opponants commentary theirs is always loud and crystal clear.

Gripe 2... I don't want regular updates from Saints, Ploppies and the Diremongs, I want to hear the entire Cobblers match live without being inturrupted by news of a goal at Barrow or Forest Green or a try at the Stoop!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
cobblersareus

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 13:42:27 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you listen to Radio Northampton online, for free? Beggars can't be choosers. We're a leage 2 club, with league 2 coverage.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 13:47:51 pm »

You can't listen to Cobblers commentary online through Radio northampton, no.

The feed is cust at 2.55 and only put back on after the full time whistle goes.

Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 13:57:03 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you listen to Radio Northampton online, for free? Beggars can't be choosers. We're a leage 2 club, with league 2 coverage.

Granted but only if you live in the Northampton area (radio) or are in the UK (online) but shouldn't that make it more important for the service to be better? 
(Just seen the post stating that it is removed five minutes before kick-off)

They lost at least one customer through it's inability to be of at least a receivable standard.  
With the removal of Jeff Stelling and the Gillette Soccer Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday etc..from freeview Sky Sports One, my ability to track the Cobblers is now reduced even further to Football365, personal texts and this board on matchdays.
I would seriously consider renewing my annual fee/subscription if the service was better.
Report Spam   Logged

Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 14:37:38 pm »

I stopped subscribing years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 15:19:38 pm »

Granted but only if you live in the Northampton area (radio) or are in the UK (online) but shouldn't that make it more important for the service to be better? 
(Just seen the post stating that it is removed five minutes before kick-off)

They lost at least one customer through it's inability to be of at least a receivable standard.  
With the removal of Jeff Stelling and the Gillette Soccer Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday etc..from freeview Sky Sports One, my ability to track the Cobblers is now reduced even further to Football365, personal texts and this board on matchdays.
I would seriously consider renewing my annual fee/subscription if the service was better.

What's wrong with the BBC/Sports football sites as they give written commentary, or can you only get that in the UK?
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 15:41:42 pm »

Being overseas I have to have CW or I'm bolloxed. This was really the first time I couldn't login for 15-20mins. The thing is we only use it once or twice a week and it being down when we needed it sucked.The archive is shyte now too they were supposed to load all the games from previous seasons but they haven't.

Its improved but if I lived in the UK I wouldn't have it.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
cobblersareus

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 16:07:04 pm »

There must be a way for somebody to broadcast radio commentsy over the internet via Skype,
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: