The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 21:36:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842476 times)
Tom and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19660 on: August 05, 2017, 19:26:35 pm »

I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you over this, but the thing is, I think everyone you mention has explained what's wrong with your suggestions in the past but you don't seem to listen, and it's frustrating because you keep going around in a circle. No one is saying that your heart isn't in the right place and your passion on the matter is admirable, but there are real issues with what you suggest. Since you asked for an explanation though, I'll point out my objections one last time.

The truth is, your suggestions might actually work. They might. But it's all about risk and reward. Yes, they might work and we'd be a bit better off each season. If they don't work, it would be catastrophic for the club and it's highly likely that the club would fold. This is because your scheme to raise funds up front would certainly yield a good chunk of cash that could be used for capital expenditure  (i.e. funding the redevelopment work). It would however cripple our operational expenditure over the next three years as the "bankable" income (i.e. "We know we sell at least 3000 season tickets a year") used to cover running costs will have dried up. This income is used for all day to day costs, from maintenance to taxes to wage bills etc.

Now if, as you suggest, a nicer stadium will drastically and regularly increase income, we could indeed cover that shortfall and be better off. The thing is, this theory has no basis in established fact or scientifically researched numbers. It's based on a hunch and a set of "finger in the air" estimates of what that hunch could mean if it pays off. It's a huge gamblè. Huge. And the potential rewards don't justify the risk, because make no mistake, lack of cash flow kills companies, and if the anticipated hordes don't show up, we'd have no cash flow at all.

We've been to the brink all too often in the past. Slow and steady wins the race; I'd rather have a football club that grows at an organic and sustainable pace than one that effectively sticks everything on red and spins the wheel. Hell, if it really comes down to it, I'd rather just have a football club full stop.
on train back home sp just a quick one... what Kelvin wants and what we need are 2 differrnt things.. surely you can see that?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: