The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 21:30:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 [1465] 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842466 times)
Tom and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29280 on: October 06, 2021, 10:44:32 am »

In all fairness Melly, that says a lot with actually saying nothing at all. In some respects, it is merely an exercise in stating the obvious. As I have said for some time. There should not be a perception that there are actual sides here. This theory has only been cemented by those who support the Trust. who have stated that there is no real alternative to a 51% or a fan owned model. If you disagree with this, you are automatically perceived as anti Trust or pro KT. The truth lies well in between both extremes, and alienating those that want to explore alternatives, doesn't look good.

I'm a supporter of NTFC. I don't agree with the idea that the land should be handed over without significant caveats. However, I am adamant that it should go to the club for the benefit of the club. Those that don't agree with that, will have to sit by and watch it handed over to a faceless conglomerate and any potential revenue streams will dry up and probably end up off shore anyway.

I can only repeat what I have said right from the start. The club, like it or not, does not see the Trust as representative of the support. That more than likely has nothing to do with whether or not it is. It is mostly due to the fact that the Trust hasn't had any significant part in the fans thoughts for many years now. Like it or not, it is seen as an irrelevance. This in turn allows KT to exploit that void and fill it with promises and notions that the club is not dead in the water, but is in fact a dynamic, forward thinking club, that is currently having its ambitions and aspirations curtailed by those pesky kids at the Trust. There whole situation, as you say Melly, has led to an impasse.

So, something has to give. Firstly the Trust has to start doing something more than hiding behind meeting room doors. It has to start aligning itself with the fanbase. It has to have less of a think tank appearance, and more of a soft side that the support can relate to. Our supporters are not interested in politics. They are interested in what's on offer. You can have the best intentions in the world, but these amount to nothing if you cannot get people to join you in change. I can assure you, just a few hundred well led supporters, would change things.

As for KT and DB. Something will give here soon. There is no doubt that they come into this with one, maybe two eyes on the development potential. However, the patience is definitely wearing thin. I'm the first to admit these days, that we need to see something happen that doesn't rely on building something external to the ground. Sixfields does look tired and dirty. In fact there is a malaise around the place. It just feels static and apathetic.

In summary. The Trust needs to get back in touch with the support. Yes you're clever. Yes you care. But this is not getting across to the support. Your failure to galvanise the support behind your ideas, has left you looking like just another interested party in the stadium, enabling land, and club. You need the support. You ARE a supporters Trust. As for the club. If KT and DB do not start to show significant change at NTFC, they will topple. I just feel that we are on the cusp of a tide of resentment. A few more bad results, and a plummet in league position will bring with it consequences. We are undoubtedly at a cross roads. The coming months will test the intentions and resolve of all involved.

Great post Hammy, I totally agree that the Trust need to start raising their profile of what they want and getting more support (and understanding)

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 [1465] 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: