The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:09:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Grade the Cobblers

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grade the Cobblers  (Read 1211 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 09:25:49 »

Thinking like that, some might say you're deluded.

The owners are the debt it’s their choice and responsibility. They keep us functioning as a club. Am just glad I have a club to support and watch. Clearly you have nether been to Stanley’s and even Bristol Rovers grounds. They also made the returns of Bowie and Leonard possible; where would we be if the owners had not sanctioned those signings?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 09:38:57 »

.....that's somewhat depressing Sad

I agree -  very depressing!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 09:49:57 »

My opinion:

Players & Management - A+
Ownership - B+
Facilities - B could be better but better than some like Sutton!
Match Day Experience - A ( B or C  when we lose).
Community - A
Do I feel part of the club? - A+

I do miss the atmosphere of the County ground!
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 11:13:19 »

My opinion:

Ownership - B+
Community - A

Come on Evers, I know you are a stirrer but you rate our Facilities as a B because we, who have been a League club for over 100 years have better facilities than a club that's been in the League 3 years !!! That's setting the bar quite low
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 14:49:44 »

Also A+ for management and players?

I take it A+ is the highest mark you can give?

And that for a team currently 14th in league 1 on their worst run of form for three years?

Beggars belief what mark you'd give them if they were top of the league.

I haven't done a grade but surely we are C (average) right across the board.

Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 15:14:45 »

My opinion:

Ownership - B+
Community - A

I appreciate that this is all subjective but a 'B' when we lose for match day experience is somewhat generous!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 17:05:04 »

I appreciate that this is all subjective but a 'B' when we lose for match day experience is somewhat generous!  Grin

It was a gesture to express disappointment at a loss!
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 19:43:35 »

It was a gesture to express disappointment at a loss!

Perhaps you should consider it over a block rather than just an individual game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 20:50:25 »

My opinion:

Players & Management - B  Sure there have been some good performances but they have been littered with the occasional dross too. Playerwise, again good with a bit of bad...Hylton for example, I mean whats that all about?! Too reliant on loan players, my personal view is that is bad for anything other than short termism, but we keep going down that road! The never ending injury situation shows no sign of improvement, despite reviews, new training facilities, more backroom staff than ever....and we just seem to have to accept that we will always have 4,5,6 players out for one reason or another.

Ownership - C  Again a personal view but i'm never going to be happy with owners who don't have the interests of the football club first and foremost, ahead of any land deal!

Facilities - C   Personally....I don't like Sixfields!! It was great in 1994....but here we are 30 years later with pretty much the same! Faded seats, tired facilities, crappy toilets, poor catering outlets......

Match Day Experience - As a general fan C.... for the reasons above, but as a sponsor/hospitality i'd give it an A. I sampled hospitality a couple of weeks ago for the Charlton game and I was impressed with the setup, the food , the room and Tom Cliffe who did an excellent job as our host. I don't know how I reached the age of 55 without playing stand up bingo before now!!

Community - B  The club do a lot of good work out and about but it is still disappointing to see virtually nobody in the East stand for the game against Blackpool last week....there must be more we can do to promote the club and generate more interest. Make more of the links we already have, for example Lincoln offer their University students a number of tickets for a tenner a game, i'm not aware of what we do if anything with our main sponsor along the same lines.

Do I feel part of the club? - B  There is good work being done but a lot more that could be done....very little of it is within the normal fans gift though. I feel we are all waiting to see how the land and stand pans out, how if at all it pushes our club on and how if at all it brings an end to shopping in the injured players bargain bucket!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 20:53:09 »

Come on Evers, I know you are a stirrer but you rate our Facilities as a B because we, who have been a League club for over 100 years have better facilities than a club that's been in the League 3 years !!! That's setting the bar quite low

Well, you have been to many of the grounds I have; quite a few of those grounds are no better than ours and some who I visited last season are worse. Take Bristol Rovers where you are hemmed in a corner terrace with poor facilities. My opinion is relatively free from any issues with the current ownership. That is my view and if it is wrong then I am sorry and its certainly not personal. Your 'Grading' of the Club has in my opinion been labelled as 'depressing' and this from a Former Trust Board Member who probably did more than most to help the Club in the Cardoza Era.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 21:32:42 by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 21:00:03 »

Also A+ for management and players?

I take it A+ is the highest mark you can give?

And that for a team currently 14th in league 1 on their worst run of form for three years?

Beggars belief what mark you'd give them if they were top of the league.

I haven't done a grade but surely we are C (average) right across the board.

It's hard work understanding your logic but it would help if you could accept that some on here have different opinion from your own manipulative opinion or debating skills! 
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 21:06:24 »

Which is probably a better situation than adding it to a Bank loan/debt with the associated interest?
At least they 'own' the debt.
Or as in the case with Peterborough when one of their creditors (Old Kent) decided to call in the debt. Once again the benefits of not being exposed to external debt can’t be over emphasised, and there is a massive difference between the two. Especially when you are operating at a loss, or is it the expectation that we have no debt at all? I don’t know how many clubs have currently achieved that bench mark, but would guess you would literally count them on 2 hands or less. It is a significant achievement that we haven’t been exposed to any external debt, so I would argue that should be a consideration in any grading.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 21:12:26 »

Or as in the case with Peterborough when one of their creditors (Old Kent) decided to call in the debt. Once again the benefits of not being exposed to external debt can’t be over emphasised, and there is a massive difference between the two. Especially when you are operating at a loss, or is it the expectation that we have no debt at all? I don’t know how many clubs have currently achieved that bench mark, but would guess you would literally count them on 2 hands or less. It is a significant achievement that we haven’t been exposed to any external debt, so I would argue that should be a consideration in any grading.

That simple business/financial statement maybe lost on some fans.
Report Spam   Logged

TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 21:39:42 »

It's hard work understanding your logic but it would help if you could accept that some on here have different opinion from your own manipulative opinion or debating skills! 

So tell me, what would your grade be for the Cobblers if they were top of the league now having gone unbeaten all season?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 22:03:15 »

Well, you have been to many of the grounds I have; quite a few of those grounds are no better than ours and some who I visited last season are worse. Take Bristol Rovers where you are hemmed in a corner terrace with poor facilities. My opinion is relatively free from any issues with the current ownership. That is my view and if it is wrong then I am sorry and its certainly not personal. Your 'Grading' of the Club has in my opinion been labelled as 'depressing' and this from a Former Trust Board Member who probably did more than most to help the Club in the Cardoza Era.
Yes I've done 91 of the 92 and seen the Cobblers play on over 160 different grounds, BUT, we were asked to grade the Cobblers, not Sutton or anyone else. I gave my opinion on the facilities at Sixfields which I think could be a lot better. One very small bar with massive queues for home fans and a small pod with a couple of Carlsberg pumps for away fans. I presume you went to Wycombe on Saturday, a club smaller than ourselves, there were at least 2 bars built on the back of the stand and 2 "Beer tents". The bar we were in must have had around 400 people in there, you got served pretty quick, they were selling food in there and they took a load of money off us away fans, something we totally fail to do.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Today at 00:17:38 »

Yes I've done 91 of the 92 and seen the Cobblers play on over 160 different grounds, BUT, we were asked to grade the Cobblers, not Sutton or anyone else. I gave my opinion on the facilities at Sixfields which I think could be a lot better. One very small bar with massive queues for home fans and a small pod with a couple of Carlsberg pumps for away fans. I presume you went to Wycombe on Saturday, a club smaller than ourselves, there were at least 2 bars built on the back of the stand and 2 "Beer tents". The bar we were in must have had around 400 people in there, you got served pretty quick, they were selling food in there and they took a load of money off us away fans, something we totally fail to do.

I used Sutton and others to clarify why I selected certain grades. The vast majority of our fans or the silent majority appear to be happy with their lot. So the simple fact is I don't agree with your opinion but at least I respect it. I haven't the heart to moan about facilities, bars or our failure to offer away fans a Wycombe type refreshment jollies! Again I am happy just to have a Club to support and much prefer to have a successful team built with some decent players. I hope to see Brady emulate Bowen through the leagues; then with the right backing we can expand on the facilities and the stadium . I much prefer JB to build a good side first not extra Carlsberg pumps as they can come in due course. As you can see my philosophy is different from yours - build a good side for next season so that the support grows and with it those extra facilities. Also where are those much lauded teams, meandering in league One with all their great facilities fit for higher levels but saddled with poor Managers and dodgy Chairmen and their sides not entirely fit for purpose! Give me Northampton and its apparent failures over the lot of them.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: