The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:26:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821276 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #10320 on: June 15, 2015, 15:27:23 pm »

Does work have to stop on the east for it to start in the west kc? Because you might have thought they could do both at once? Seems a strange time to do so. They're basically mid-wall at the back of the east. But I suppose if you've heard something as opposed to those that have actually seen it you must be right.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 15:29:24 pm by The 12th Marquis of Sixfields » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest2487

« Reply #10321 on: June 15, 2015, 15:46:53 pm »

Not a clue what those 3 blokes were doing on the East Stand earlier then.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #10322 on: June 15, 2015, 15:52:27 pm »

Does work have to stop on the east for it to start in the west kc? Because you might have thought they could do both at once? Seems a strange time to do so. They're basically mid-wall at the back of the east. But I suppose if you've heard something as opposed to those that have actually seen it you must be right.

Don't know mate, i'm not a builder.

I must admit it does seem a little odd, but it still doesn't explain why people including myself have seen workman on site (including today). Why would they still be there if work has stopped & why are the weekly updates clearly showing work is still being done ? or are you suggesting these are old photos from a few weeks ago. Let's hope not !

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #10323 on: June 15, 2015, 15:54:18 pm »

The three blokes I saw all had hard hats on, were clearly doing some internal work on the East. As I drove past it looked like they were doing work on the internal stairs.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: June 15, 2015, 16:04:54 pm »

Don't know mate, i'm not a builder.

I must admit it does seem a little odd, but it still doesn't explain why people including myself have seen workman on site (including today). Why would they still be there if work has stopped & why are the weekly updates clearly showing work is still being done ? or are you suggesting these are old photos from a few weeks ago. Let's hope not !

How much work did you see happening in those pictures from last week? Because they didn't actually seem to have any people in them
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #10325 on: June 15, 2015, 16:11:17 pm »

Could it be the case that the structure is at a point where they are undecided what to actually do next and are in discussions as to the best way forward?

I expect lots of sarcastic replies to this so fire way!  Grin I am merely trying to look at it objectively!
Report Spam   Logged
zulu75

View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: June 15, 2015, 16:15:54 pm »

You either believe Mr Slowe who has seen workman on site(working too) or those pudding heads who have ultra reliable sources. Thought that one of the Mods warned against rumour spreaders.
Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #10327 on: June 15, 2015, 16:30:23 pm »

How much work did you see happening in those pictures from last week? Because they didn't actually seem to have any people in them

Actually, they did have workman in them. Have a look again and you may see them.
Report Spam   Logged
zulu75

View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: June 15, 2015, 16:31:37 pm »

i've heard from 2 good sources today that it has stopped.

funny old world

I thought that one of the mods said don't post messages unless you can verify/name source! How reliable is your third bedfellow?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #10329 on: June 15, 2015, 16:32:08 pm »

Who knows.....who cares??

All I do know, from looking at the pictures....whenever they were taken.....is that they're going to have to go some to have the stand open at all in 54 days time for potentially our first league game of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10330 on: June 15, 2015, 17:01:29 pm »

There seems to be yet another major problem ( well ,more like, the same problem) with major work stopping.
"
When will it ever end, is the situation getting to crisis level ?

When will the penny drop for all those fans who are looking at this with claret coloured glasses ? .....when does it look like the East stand will be finished.Huh? Be realistic.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10331 on: June 15, 2015, 17:14:14 pm »

Who knows.....who cares??

All I do know, from looking at the pictures....whenever they were taken.....is that they're going to have to go some to have the stand open at all in 54 days time for potentially our first league game of the season.

Exactly. And when will we be told exactly what is being built for 7.5 million(?). That's assuming there is still any cash to play with Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #10332 on: June 15, 2015, 17:33:49 pm »

Exactly. And when will we be told exactly what is being built for 7.5 million(?). That's assuming there is still any cash to play with Lips Sealed

Still wishing to stay clear of any allegiance... What makes you or anybody else believe they should know about what's being built. And what's going on with the money??

As far as I can see, the only expectation on any supporter is to occupy the completed stand should they choose to on its completion. No supporter has any obligation in terms of the loan, so they have the luxury of letting somebody else worry about that.

In the event that we suffer from the reduced capacity. Well that's another headache for the club, rather than those that regularly attend games.

For the average supporter, putting aside the annoyance that the clear delays and issues bring, there is no actual inconvenience whatsoever.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: June 15, 2015, 17:37:10 pm »

I thought that one of the mods said don't post messages unless you can verify/name source! How reliable is your third bedfellow?
you do realise that I know who you are don't you?
Report Spam   Logged

Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: June 15, 2015, 17:39:26 pm »

Could it be the case that the structure is at a point where they are undecided what to actually do next and are in discussions as to the best way forward?

I expect lots of sarcastic replies to this so fire way!  Grin I am merely trying to look at it objectively!
not really, they've stopped mid-wall. It wasn't a joke when I said that earlier. They've literally stopped building halway through a wall. The ideal time for brickies to then concentrate on doing shopfitting over in reception   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #10335 on: June 15, 2015, 17:41:39 pm »

Still wishing to stay clear of any allegiance... What makes you or anybody else believe they should know about what's being built. And what's going on with the money??

As far as I can see, the only expectation on any supporter is to occupy the completed stand should they choose to on its completion. No supporter has any obligation in terms of the loan, so they have the luxury of letting somebody else worry about that.

In the event that we suffer from the reduced capacity. Well that's another headache for the club, rather than those that regularly attend games.

For the average supporter, putting aside the annoyance that the clear delays and issues bring, there is no actual inconvenience whatsoever.

Indeed, and broadly what I have been trying to say for months - it's a strange world on the message board merry go round......
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #10336 on: June 15, 2015, 17:55:43 pm »

From what was said in the open forum evening 'county development' dealt with all interior work on the West stand. I have heard that Cardoza has only hired buckingham to build the shell of the east and will be kitting it out himself through one of his 'county' companies.

This doesn't explain why building has stopped mid wall though!
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #10337 on: June 15, 2015, 19:07:47 pm »

you do realise that I know who you are don't you?
Grin made me smile at the end of a long day
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #10338 on: June 15, 2015, 19:12:18 pm »

Enough said

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/strutridge-pavilion-now-a-pile-of-rubble-as-franklin-s-gardens-revamp-moves-ahead-1-6799004

Cardoza this is how you keep supporters informed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10339 on: June 15, 2015, 19:15:15 pm »

Indeed, and broadly what I have been trying to say for months - it's a strange world on the message board merry go round......

Oh dear. Where's the face palm smiley? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: