The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:30:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820568 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #11120 on: July 11, 2015, 17:37:59 pm »

Andy Clarke is the Trust's representative on the board of NTFC and as a director he has legal responsibilities but also the right to information from DC & TC.   How much or little he has been involved in the process of approving contracts with e.g. 1st Land Ltd & County Developments we have absolutely no knowledge.  It is time we were enlightened.  Mr Clarke and therefore the Trust are the only persons with any legal status with NTFC and they need to find the balls to stand up and be counted.  I am not holding my breath on this happening but with the information coming into the public domain about 1st Land Ltd and the incestuous commercial relationships in the web of companies involved in the shambles that is the East Stand the silence from the Trust is as deafening as that from Cardoza. We can hope that the 7th Cavalry (Indian Division - so far invisible to all supporters) will come to our rescue and save us but reliance on that may be optimistic.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #11121 on: July 11, 2015, 18:33:09 pm »

Id like to apologise for my comments earlier to anyone that i may have upset, i admit they were a little childish, i have a habit of typing without thinking at times
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #11122 on: July 11, 2015, 18:34:50 pm »

Id like to apologise for my comments earlier to anyone that i may have upset, i admit they were a little childish, i have a habit of typing without thinking at times
I was joking fella!
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11123 on: July 11, 2015, 18:54:25 pm »

What's the name of the bloke who has just sold 99p stores. ........
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11124 on: July 11, 2015, 19:11:12 pm »

What's the name of the bloke who has just sold 99p stores. ........
Nadir Lalani
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: July 11, 2015, 19:16:55 pm »

Nadir Lalani

The bloke from Tanzania? (btw, Tanzania is in East Africa, around 3,500 miles from India  Wink)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: July 11, 2015, 19:42:13 pm »

Cue Everbrite response!
Hes currently on gardening / window painting leave!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #11127 on: July 11, 2015, 20:34:47 pm »

I have stayed away from this thread as much as I can. For some on here that will come as a surprise. Because right from the start of DC's tenure and right through the time when Tony Clarke was involved I have voiced my concerns about their motives. Those that have forgotten Andy Ellis, Ken Good and Peter Miller would do well to remember the initial damage they did to this club.

My brother and I recall sitting in a bar in a North Carolina Hotel listening to Tony Cardoza stating that he had 35 million ring fenced to develop the club and take us up to the championship within a few years. That night I formed an opinion as both he and Peter Miller boasted of their prowess and how we should all prepare for the big time. I immediately decided that me and the Cardozas were not going to see eye to eye.  

When I reiterated this story over the years, I was told to "let it go". When I kept on at Tony Clarke about the abundance of words and the lack of deeds, he called me ruminative. He rallied support on this site by attempting to alienate any anti Cardoza stance as plain negativity. Convincing people who didn't want to hear the truth, who were content to believe the dream they were being peddled without any regard for reality.

I don't think for one second that Tony Clarke was any part of this mess. I genuinely believe his motives were wholesome. Tony and I might disagree. But I do believe at that stage he cared about the club and its supporters. I'd really like to hear his thoughts now. We could do with a well know face to help us. I mean that Tony.

I'm genuinely not saying this now to prove that I was right. Of course not. What good does it do any of us to claim who is right and who is wrong. Whether you are pro DC or anti DC, you believe you are right. But there has to come a time when surely we all have to agree that there is something fundamentally wrong with the club that we have grown up loving.

The reason your questions haven't been answered, is because they are in the hands of DC's lawyers. Even now when the lifeblood of this club, it's supporters want answers, the man who runs it can't answer for himself for fear of recrimination. That's not your fault. That is because of the mess they have made of our small, but immensely proud club. Common sense dictates if you have nothing to fear then just tell the truth. Like many on hear I hold a responsible job, with potentially huge repercussions should I make a mistake. But I have never had to check my answers with a lawyer. Because I know I am honest. I know I act in the best interests of those that pay me and those that I am responsible for.

Gibbo was right. We'll probably never know the truth. Greed always consumes the truth. So let's agree on one thing. We all love the Cobblers. Stop tearing chunks out of each and "fiddling whilst Rome is burning". Northampton Town is without doubt our first and foremost priority. No amount of second guessing, or speculation will give us an answer. Equally, blind loyalty to DC just won't cut it at the moment. That money was there for our club. We all know it's not there at the moment. So get real.

I would urge all of you to write a letter to the chief executive of the council to pressure them for an answer. I'm not saying that I have enjoyed huge success with this approach. But it is the only area where I have seen a slight glimmer of hope to sort this out. Of course they are more concerned with the payments and the fact that this was/is enterprise zone money and not council tax money. But non the less, they need to show some accountability for its use.

I'm wasting my breath asking you to stop arguing. I knew that after the first few hundred pages of this thread  Grin But if you have genuine interest in NTFC and Northampton, put the same amount of effort into badgering and hassling those that do have some accountability to us. Not DC. And certainly not other posters on here.

Here you go: dkennedy@northampton.gov.uk

The best post that I have seen on here. Well said
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #11128 on: July 11, 2015, 20:36:09 pm »

Don't beat yourself up. We have All done it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #11129 on: July 11, 2015, 20:58:17 pm »

Nice cup of Tetley at half time anyone?

Report Spam   Logged
ArtichokeCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11130 on: July 11, 2015, 21:04:24 pm »

"That money was there for our club."

Of all the many excellent points made by terryfenwickatemyhamster, those seven words sum up my feelings of total dismay, anger and frustration.    That money was there for our club.    And what do we have to show for it?    A stadium worse than it was before we started on this adventure.    

I too have tended to hold my fire on Mr Cardoza, wanting to think the best of him, but there is clearly now some serious explaining to do.    Spineless local media, a toothless Trust, an anonymous Indian consortium, millions of pounds apparently squandered on who knows what.

We ought to be feeling excited at this time of year.    I feel absolutely nothing at the moment.    I cannot bear the thought of another season staring at that East stand and thinking "That money was there for our club".  

Report Spam   Logged

That money was there for our club
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #11131 on: July 11, 2015, 21:49:55 pm »

"That money was there for our club"
That could be our strapline?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
ArtichokeCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: July 11, 2015, 21:58:22 pm »

"That money was there for our club"
That could be our strapline?

Yes, forget that "proud to be".

It's now #that money was there for our club
Report Spam   Logged

That money was there for our club
guest2608

« Reply #11133 on: July 11, 2015, 22:03:15 pm »

Fairplay Glen and measured response.
That's the thing...at the end of the day, we are all NTFC through and through!

We are indeed Rob.
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: July 11, 2015, 22:05:11 pm »

Maybe Councillor Woods was right.
The message I got from the council back then was they had no objections to cardoza extending the stadium, as long as he paid for it himself.
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: July 11, 2015, 22:22:01 pm »

I'm going to hold my hands up and admit that I've been too trusting at best and naive at worst.
All throughout this saga, I've let my glass half full approach to life let me think that it'll all be OK in the end.
It still maybe..... however, I am now firmly in the "holy cr@p what is going on" camp.

I'm sure there'll be a few who'll jump on this with LOL's and told you so.
Fair play to all those who suspected long ago that it was a shambles.

I am 110% claret and white as those of you who know me understand.
More than anything, I hope for the sake of the good people who have mortgages and family to care for within the club....are left with jobs and continue to work for the new regime.
I still pray (even as an atheist) that whatever is going on turns out to be a fantastic new chapter in our very rollercoaster-esque history.

Only time will tell..... season ticket purchased.
Less than a month to kick off. Undecided

Took you long enough.  Wink

Never a dull moment. We all just want what's best for the club.
It's down to fingers crossed now.
Report Spam   Logged
tuks

View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: July 11, 2015, 22:32:14 pm »

My facebook status is now:-

#thatmoneywasthereforourclub

Get sharing - spread the word

I wonder if Look East would be interested in this whole carry on ?!?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: July 12, 2015, 07:40:00 am »

My facebook status is now:-

#thatmoneywasthereforourclub

Get sharing - spread the word

I wonder if Look East would be interested in this whole carry on ?!?
#don'tlookeast  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: July 12, 2015, 07:44:06 am »

Think we're approaching the tide turning moment when if Cardoza was the regime leader of a Totalitarian state (that's China  Grin)...the guns and tanks would be out!
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: July 12, 2015, 08:20:37 am »

Genghis Khadoza
Attila the Property Developer?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: