The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:06:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820375 times)
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2012, 07:46:04 am »

I may be taking an extremely cynical view here but I do fear that if this deal allows DC to recoup a fair share of his much vaunted £7m then he could then be bidding us all farewell.

I don't know exactly where that would leave us but I doubt it'd be a good thing.

I think you're being far too cynical. Why would DC plough all that money in, to just walk away from the venture once it starts actually being profitable? I'd say it was the opposite. The more successful the redevelopment is, the longer he'll stay around and pick up the profits. Whether the football club sees any profits is another thing, but I genuinely believe he wants to see NTFC go up the leagues. The higher we play, the more revenue, the more profit for big Dave.
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2012, 09:45:34 am »

I don't think anything will change for a long long time.
The plans are passed so now we will wait for a development to be passed and agreed.
We will need to get the right amount of outside investment to make it feasible.
We will then need to get it built.
I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.
It's a step in the right direction no doubt but remains just that.
A step.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2012, 09:45:36 am »

What exactly does that now allow DC to go ahead with?
What benefits to the club can we now expect, monetary or other, and when can we expect to see those benefits?
Does this enable DC to spend money on the club that is expected to be generated by this or do we continue to be as prudent as now?  (My preference but it will not please Shouey)
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2012, 11:00:49 am »

My understanding is that it allows him to go ahead with nothing yet! Until the land is prepared and made ready, then sold off in packets to the retailers, hoteliers or whoever, who then apply for planning permission for each individual building, then there's no idea how much money is coming in. And then we dont know what split we get of that money anyway. We're still years away from even seeing a watered down upgrade of Sixfields.
Its going to be far easier for the Saints, selling off to one party (Asda) and then building with the proceeds, which are still two years away even for them.

In reply to NECobblers post......you seem to be working on the assumption that any increase in revenue would suddenly make the club profitable. Fact is there are numerous clubs up and down the country with such facilities who still don't turn a profit. In fact do any clubs make money....apart from a big one or two? To actually recoup the £7m will take years, decades maybe, if at all.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2012, 11:33:51 am »

Will the various parties sell off the land for short term gain or rent it for a steady income stream?

Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2012, 18:05:02 pm »

A massive, vertical shopping mall, with hotels, pubs, clubs, etc etc. From the top, to the top of the Lighthouse and onwards to the top of the new station roof there could be a cable car. Develop the wet area to the south, make a beach and watch the RL while the wife and kids get some sun.

Bloody hell, it's exciting, isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2012, 18:08:47 pm »

A massive, vertical shopping mall, with hotels, pubs, clubs, etc etc. From the top, to the top of the Lighthouse and onwards to the top of the new station roof there could be a cable car. Develop the wet area to the south, make a beach and watch the RL while the wife and kids get some sun.

Bloody hell, it's exciting, isn't it?

Great idea until your mentioned 'sun', where would we get that from?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2012, 18:22:43 pm »

shopping mall

Huh?

Mall is something you do with a pair of tit.s
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2012, 18:24:55 pm »

Grin Grin

and

Plenty of tits down Sixfields most Saturdays!
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2012, 15:49:12 pm »

My understanding is that it allows him to go ahead with nothing yet! Until the land is prepared and made ready, then sold off in packets to the retailers, hoteliers or whoever, who then apply for planning permission for each individual building, then there's no idea how much money is coming in. And then we dont know what split we get of that money anyway. We're still years away from even seeing a watered down upgrade of Sixfields.
Its going to be far easier for the Saints, selling off to one party (Asda) and then building with the proceeds, which are still two years away even for them.

In reply to NECobblers post......you seem to be working on the assumption that any increase in revenue would suddenly make the club profitable. Fact is there are numerous clubs up and down the country with such facilities who still don't turn a profit. In fact do any clubs make money....apart from a big one or two? To actually recoup the £7m will take years, decades maybe, if at all.

Cheltenham posted a profit last season. It can be done!
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2012, 12:25:58 pm »

Nandos to open at Sixfields. That should keep some players happy.
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/legal-general-reveal-expansion-plans-for-northampton-in-sixfields-1-4199681#.UDdxISh3jl8.twitter
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »

Well after years of objections Legal and general have now made their application to develop land owned by them at Sixfields.

Perhaps they will object to themselves!!!

Those Liberal councillors certainly had the wool pulled over their eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2012, 12:35:45 pm »

legal and General the worst thing to happen to the town since the asset stripping of the shoe industy. Spend years objecting to and putting spanners in the works of our redevlopment stating it will harm their town centre plans...then abandon the grosvenor plans and build more stuff at Sixfields.

It's a fu*king joke
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2012, 13:03:44 pm »

Can you explain "the asset stripping of the shoe industry" for me please, I haven't heard of that before?
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2012, 13:23:19 pm »

Look up Charles Clore.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2012, 15:01:46 pm »

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/legal-general-reveal-expansion-plans-for-northampton-in-sixfields-1-4199681

This really does take the biscuit.......but all is moving in the right direction at last.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2012, 15:14:41 pm »

Look up Charles Clore.
Found this "Sir Charles Clore was a British financier, retail and property magnate and philanthropist." Can't find anything on "asset stripping though?
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2012, 15:29:39 pm »

BORING. The redevelopment blah blah blah will never happen and probably shouldn't either.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2012, 15:33:00 pm »

So L & G have put in there planning application good luck to them but has there been any more news on what’s happening with the clubs application?
Sorry if it’s been reported elsewhere but I’ve not seen anything since the council made their decision a few weeks ago and was wondering if any timescale had been mentioned. I did hear DC mention about the Athletics track being moved on the wireless (word of the day) before the Cardiff game. Does that mean they may develop the East stand rather than the last plans I saw which were for a massive West stand only development.

Oh and wasn’t it Charles Core who’s to blame for getting rid of Freeman Hardy and Willis?
Report Spam   Logged
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2012, 15:51:26 pm »

Tell me more?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: