The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:13:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 [893] 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821482 times)
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #17840 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:17 pm »

Couldn't agree more Vince, only time will tell but I have grave doubts about KTs motives and longevity at our club.
Would love him to prove me wrong though
yes and so you and one or two others keep repeating.
The "WE TOLD YOU SO BRIGADE" There you go you've earned yourselves a label.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17841 on: July 21, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

They've got around the lack of capacity issue and loss of revenue that it causes by charging £24 a ticket to away fans and those loyal cobblers fans who pay on the day.
Smaller gates but 1% rise in gate revenue...

Marvellous work boys  
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17842 on: July 21, 2016, 12:34:41 pm »

They've got around the lack of capacity issue and loss of revenue that it causes by charging £24 a ticket to away fans and those loyal cobblers fans who pay on the day.
Smaller gates but 1% rise in gate revenue...

Marvellous work boys  

Manipulative (and cynical) extortion of the facts. The £2.00 rise is aimed at the anticipated away support - its not rocket science! It does however penalize potential non s/t home support. What KT could do is offer home support reduced prices based on banks of 5 games or similar.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17843 on: July 21, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »

It's a pricing structure that was brought in to maximise the income from the away support. Happens at every club, hence why people moan on here about high prices at some away games. It's just football ripping off the fans as normal, but people seem happy to accept it.
How much it effects the amount of match day sales is still to be seen. But, the club has said they expect "Huge Demand" for tickets at the first four games. If they are right, then the price increase is fine, if they are wrong they might have to rethink.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest1269

« Reply #17844 on: July 21, 2016, 14:23:56 pm »

Couldn't agree more Vince, only time will tell but I have grave doubts about KTs motives and longevity at our club.
Would love him to prove me wrong though

Just curious at what your definition of longevity means? - for my simply appreciation, KT could do next to nothing for a couple more years but for what he has achieved in just 9 months he gets my support irrespective of his "motives"
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17845 on: July 22, 2016, 06:43:07 am »

Just curious at what your definition of longevity means? - for my simply appreciation, KT could do next to nothing for a couple more years but for what he has achieved in just 9 months he gets my support irrespective of his "motives"
He's after maximum profits from minimal outlay.. which is fine and good luck to him.
It's just he's made it clear we're not getting much investment  in the way of any ground expansion or a much needed large supporters club house doubling as a conferencing/ other venue seen at every other ground.
So while at the helm any chance of investment being found to give the club these much needed facilities needed to progress the club won't happen and we'll continue as always, a struggling little club at the foot of the football league.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17846 on: July 22, 2016, 06:55:44 am »

Can someone buy Beds a half to fill his glass up a bit?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17847 on: July 22, 2016, 08:23:11 am »

He's after maximum profits from minimal outlay.. which is fine and good luck to him.
It's just he's made it clear we're not getting much investment  in the way of any ground expansion or a much needed large supporters club house doubling as a conferencing/ other venue seen at every other ground.
So while at the helm any chance of investment being found to give the club these much needed facilities needed to progress the club won't happen and we'll continue as always, a struggling little club at the foot of the football league.

good point, whilst we are waiting for those things to happen, making the most money out of what we already have in place seems like a terrible idea.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #17848 on: July 22, 2016, 09:37:55 am »

Hello Cobblerwatch, hope you are well, after all the fanfares, glowing report from Wilder in that speech I maybe foolishly expected a little bit more then KT has delivered
I fully expected as a bare minimum the east stand to be finished in order to create revenue for the club, outsourcing the club shop which would have cost nothing and painting in/out on the bogs doesn't really do it for me in terms of sustainable investment.
It's quite obvious to me KT is here for the short term but having said that he is infinitely better than his predecessor.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17849 on: July 22, 2016, 10:06:21 am »

Some people need a reality check.

We have very recently been through a process which laid out for all to see exactly the kind of owners (and therefore investment) this club can attract. I don't think many would argue that one of the other handful of options on the table would have been better than KT. Whining about how KT is running the club and how much money he's investing is entirely pointless. There is no better alternative willing to take us on.

For what it's worth, judging on performance to date, I'm absolutely chuffed with KT. Maybe I'm not very ambitious. Maybe I'm just realistic.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #17850 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:52 am »

What profit is there to be had by painting the metal structures in the West stand car park of a ground that we don't own? Or by changing the exits of the toilets to ease congestions for fans? or by painting the steps in the stand?

Last time I checked, our ground capacity has increased since KT took over, and our corporate areas have also been expanded (although only temporary, until the east is completed). We also now have a permanent training facility to use.

You literally want miracles to be performed. There are still many legal issues being sorted out regarding the land behind and around the East. That is a Clusterf*ck that KT did not create, but is dealing with. in the meantime he is improving what he feasibly can, whilst the legal processes are ongoing.

As always, i will not expect a direct response to my points from you, because you are blind to logic and reason and will continue to repeat the same Bullsh*t over and over. I don't even know why i bother even acknowledging you anymore....
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17851 on: July 22, 2016, 11:12:34 am »

What profit is there to be had by painting the metal structures in the West stand car park of a ground that we don't own? Or by changing the exits of the toilets to ease congestions for fans? or by painting the steps in the stand?

Last time I checked, our ground capacity has increased since KT took over, and our corporate areas have also been expanded (although only temporary, until the east is completed). We also now have a permanent training facility to use.

You literally want miracles to be performed. There are still many legal issues being sorted out regarding the land behind and around the East. That is a Clusterf*ck that KT did not create, but is dealing with. in the meantime he is improving what he feasibly can, whilst the legal processes are ongoing.

As always, i will not expect a direct response to my points from you, because you are blind to logic and reason and will continue to repeat the same Bullsh*t over and over. I don't even know why i bother even acknowledging you anymore....
I want what Rotherham Doncaster Watford Peterborough and a raft of other clubs have.. Which is a ground and infrastructure to sustain their clubs at championship level .
Hot dog wagons tents and an extra door to the bogs might get fans of  some non league outfit excited but not me.

We've been suckking up 5hite for too long so haven't the stomachs to demand what Peterborough etc take for granted.

Also the so called legal minefield surrounding the east stand is a smoke screen imo.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #17852 on: July 22, 2016, 11:32:13 am »

In my simplistic view of things any issue with what land is what is defined by where the fence around the athletics track was/is plus the existing stadium outline and car park.

Not sure what other issues there are?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17853 on: July 22, 2016, 11:33:20 am »

I want what Rotherham Doncaster Watford Peterborough and a raft of other clubs have.. Which is a ground and infrastructure to sustain their clubs at championship level .
Hot dog wagons tents and an extra door to the bogs might get fans of  some non league outfit excited but not me.

We've been suckking up 5hite for too long so haven't the stomachs to demand what Peterborough etc take for granted.

Also the so called legal minefield surrounding the east stand is a smoke screen imo.

Have you checked which league Peterborough will be playing in next season? How about the league they were playing in last season?

I'll give you a clue. It's the same league the Doncaster just got relegated from.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17854 on: July 22, 2016, 11:40:31 am »

Whilst Beds may have a point his postings are somewhat repetitious.  We understand your point of view Beds!  

I have been a supporter since the Dave Bowen era and the history of the ownership of the club throughout this long period has been almost without exception disastrous.  I exempt KT and his friends from this because it is still early days.  KT never said he had vast amounts of funds to invest in the infrastructure or playing side. If I recall correctly he said that he had about £4 million available for the East Stand. Not a huge amount of money in the scheme of things.  But we must not lose sight of the reality that when KT stepped in the club was on the verge of extinction. So far as we know the only alternative was the Brian Binley led group but they certainly did not have funds comparable to KT's. In fact the little information disclosed was that Binley's intervention would have been solely with a view to keeping the club alive and that his acquisition would have necessitated the sale of our best players.  The chances are we would still be in L2.

KT with the resources he has and his business acumen has improved a lot of things. The PR is significantly better, bridges to the local business community have been re-built and improvements to an awful ticketing system are to be warmly welcomed. Also, the BAFTA winning performances of Dave from his private studio are history!

But I think KT will be judged on the East Stand redevelopment. I may be wrong but if the ambition of KT is short term only as some seem to think ( I doubt this) I struggle to see how he could ever sell on at an attractive profit without the works to the East Stand being finished and income producing. What frustrates me is that we remain in the dark about plans for the East Stand and nothing is happening on that side of the ground with the new season only 2 weeks away.  That part of KT's PR machine has not been functioning.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #17855 on: July 22, 2016, 11:41:21 am »

Can someone buy Beds a half to fill his glass up a bit?

That sounds a bit like Henry 2nd and his quarrel with Thomas a Beckett "who will rid me of this troublesome ****** "
Report Spam   Logged

SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17856 on: July 22, 2016, 11:51:17 am »

The clubs you mention didn't have a chairman who managed to lose £10.25 million by associating with rogues.
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #17857 on: July 22, 2016, 11:56:37 am »

That sounds a bit like Henry 2nd and his quarrel with Thomas a Beckett "who will rid me of this troublesome ****** "

Not as good as Edward the 1st's ....

A man does good business when he rids himself of a turd.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #17858 on: July 22, 2016, 11:59:59 am »

But I think KT will be judged on the East Stand redevelopment.

Doubt it - he has already put in seats in the East. IMO he will be judged on how effective his support for Page is - that is by decent quality signings to keep us in L1 with a promotion seeking side. If you care to look at other L1 Club web sites there are a lot of dissatisfied supporters with their Club's recruitment policy not to mention unpopular Chairmen.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #17859 on: July 22, 2016, 12:03:18 pm »

Not as good as Edward the 1st's ....

A man does good business when he rids himself of a turd.

Source - please.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 [893] 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: