The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 00:39:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845093 times)
rebelspawn

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #17860 on: July 22, 2016, 12:04:51 pm »

I want what Rotherham Doncaster Watford Peterborough and a raft of other clubs have.. Which is a ground and infrastructure to sustain their clubs at championship level .
Hot dog wagons tents and an extra door to the bogs might get fans of  some non league outfit excited but not me.

We've been suckking up 5hite for too long so haven't the stomachs to demand what Peterborough etc take for granted.

Also the so called legal minefield surrounding the east stand is a smoke screen imo.

I will ask the same questions again, seeing as you completely failed to answer them:

What profit is there to be had by painting the metal structures in the West stand car park of a ground that we don't own? Or by changing the exits of the toilets to ease congestions for fans? or by painting the steps in the stand?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #17861 on: July 22, 2016, 12:28:20 pm »

I will ask the same questions again, seeing as you completely failed to answer them:

What profit is there to be had by painting the metal structures in the West stand car park of a ground that we don't own? Or by changing the exits of the toilets to ease congestions for fans? or by painting the steps in the stand?
I've found from experience that you'll need to ask a minimum of 4 times before he'll address you. However, he'll quote your concerns but answer a different question. A bit like a politician only less likeable
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17862 on: July 22, 2016, 12:55:15 pm »

I'm not sure of your angle but let me try,
Some ground works need carrying out for legal requirements and to avoid the hse breathing down our necks in case someone broke theirs falling down unpainted stairs also general maintenance is a must.

What I want is a minimum of 2000 extra seats/ terracing  and other facilities found at every where else...

Would you refuse these if offered..no, so demand of the chairman what we need, he knew these were needed when he volunteered to take over and nothings changed on that front.
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #17863 on: July 22, 2016, 13:14:53 pm »

What I want is a minimum of 2000 extra seats/ terracing  and other facilities found at every where else...

Probably been asked before - but does anyone know the reluctance to install terracing?

Financially there's no reason not to - construction is cheaper, more capacity, better atmosphere, and is popular with a subsection of fans. Offers an alternative price strategy to draw in new support, or more frequent support for those not able to afford every home game. There's already enough available seats for those who want to sit, so why wouldn't you?

From what I understand the terrace ban only applies to Premier League clubs. Are there any other legal restrictions? Only consideration I can think of is the cost of having to install seats if you reach the Premier League, but the costs at that level are insignificant ignoring the fact it's a pipedream anyway....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 13:16:42 pm by Carlo Corazzins Corduroy » Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #17864 on: July 22, 2016, 13:43:44 pm »

You'll have someone telling you we'd need to return a grant to a body that no longer exists. Probably that existing stand is at the wrong degree of rake.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17865 on: July 22, 2016, 15:23:46 pm »

I'm not sure of your angle but let me try,
Some ground works need carrying out for legal requirements and to avoid the hse breathing down our necks in case someone broke theirs falling down unpainted stairs also general maintenance is a must.

Would you refuse these if offered..no, so demand of the chairman what we need, he knew these were needed when he volunteered to take over and nothings changed on that front.

Here you go again beds. You want a ground for Championship football yet as I have pointed out to you before after three seasons in the Championship any terracing must be closed or have seats bodged into it.
Report Spam   Logged
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17866 on: July 22, 2016, 15:25:21 pm »

Probably been asked before - but does anyone know the reluctance to install terracing?

Financially there's no reason not to - construction is cheaper, more capacity, better atmosphere, and is popular with a subsection of fans. Offers an alternative price strategy to draw in new support, or more frequent support for those not able to afford every home game. There's already enough available seats for those who want to sit, so why wouldn't you?

From what I understand the terrace ban only applies to Premier League clubs. Are there any other legal restrictions? Only consideration I can think of is the cost of having to install seats if you reach the Premier League, but the costs at that level are insignificant ignoring the fact it's a pipedream anyway....

You are only allowed three seasons at Championship level with terracing then it will have to be closed or replaced.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17867 on: July 22, 2016, 16:24:55 pm »

If we last three seasons in the championship anytime soon then I'll fit the seats back in myself
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #17868 on: July 22, 2016, 17:02:45 pm »

Im not too sure if the ground regulations are different in Scotland, but Celtic have just installed a safe standing area. Looking at this however, Im also not too sure if, looking at this, it would be too much cheaper than installing seats. Especially as has been pointed out, if KT waves his magic wand, and gets us up into the promised land of the Championship, and it could only be a short term installation.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: July 22, 2016, 17:07:24 pm »

From what I've seen of safe standing you are fooling yourselves. It doesn't  appear to give a higher capacity as it has to have collapsible seats anyway. So the atmosphere will remain unchanged too. After the vast amount of work and cash required to achieve this then can anyone really see the prices then dropping?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: July 22, 2016, 17:08:18 pm »

Im not too sure if the ground regulations are different in Scotland, but Celtic have just installed a safe standing area. Looking at this however, Im also not too sure if, looking at this, it would be too much cheaper than installing seats. Especially as has been pointed out, if KT waves his magic wand, and gets us up into the promised land of the Championship, and it could only be a short term installation.

you beat me to it...
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17871 on: July 22, 2016, 17:46:56 pm »

the Taylor report only applied to England and Wales I believe
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #17872 on: July 22, 2016, 18:50:32 pm »

the Taylor report only applied to England and Wales I believe
If thats the case, then you can only assume that Lord Justice Taylor, didnt care too much about the Scots wellbeing.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: July 22, 2016, 18:56:54 pm »

Here you go again beds. You want a ground for Championship football yet as I have pointed out to you before after three seasons in the Championship any terracing must be closed or have seats bodged into it.
I would accept that scenario every day of the week, just think at least 5 years of a 2000 bank of terrace allowing us to enjoy 3 continuous years in the Championship..yes please.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: July 22, 2016, 19:10:29 pm »

From what I've seen of safe standing you are fooling yourselves. It doesn't  appear to give a higher capacity as it has to have collapsible seats anyway. So the atmosphere will remain unchanged too. After the vast amount of work and cash required to achieve this then can anyone really see the prices then dropping?

with a bar code entry system to terracing that is in sections, contain full  barriers and not ever liable to over crowding would be immediately deemed safe.
It's greedy chairmen knowing they can't charge £50 a ticket that's the stumbling block usually.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: July 22, 2016, 19:12:00 pm »

I would accept that scenario every day of the week, just think at least 5 years of a 2000 bank of terrace allowing us to enjoy 3 continuous years in the Championship..yes please.

Mate, we dont appear to have the finances to complete the East Stand, where are the finances going to come from, to install what, according to your scenario, would be temporary terracing?
I am sure that a short term solution for BedsCobbs gratification, isnt high on KTs "to do list".
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #17876 on: July 22, 2016, 19:29:16 pm »

If thats the case, then you can only assume that Lord Justice Taylor, didnt care too much about the Scots wellbeing.
Taylor report did include Scottish Prem. Sorry for being pedantic!!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Westander

View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: July 22, 2016, 19:31:35 pm »

I know there's a lot of romantic thoughts about standing terraces but I think it's a loud minority asking for it, I remember well finding a good viewpoint in the old Htel End only to have some six footers come in front of me just before the game started (I'm 5'7") now we have seats I get to see all of every gamewithout craning my neck to see over someone's shoulder I don't want any changes.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17878 on: July 22, 2016, 19:44:19 pm »

Mate, we dont appear to have the finances to complete the East Stand, where are the finances going to come from, to install what, according to your scenario, would be temporary terracing?
I am sure that a short term solution for BedsCobbs gratification, isnt high on KTs "to do list".
In the history of football any club who really want to find financial backing do so.
Only twice in over 50 years have anyone actually wanted to and achieved getting the Cobblers improved facilities, (and I dont mean a bit of spit and polish but actual bricks and mortar) firstly  clr Hargreaves, 22 years ago sold the busses and used some money to lay the foundations to giving the Cobblers a stepping stone to move forward by building a little 7500 stadium that was to be built up when the Cobblers reached league 1 and above but sadly nothing happened until Cardoza rocked into town with massive plans that everyone bought into and after 10 years of nothing happening he was given funds of £12m to complete Hargreaves good work.
But Sadly after getting so close, Cardoza was introduced to the trough of plenty by the Bushey boys and all the good work was un done.

Chairman Thomas is probably the right man at the wrong time and probably took over 'a lovely little ambitious less club' that won't expect to much as it's reached its ceiling.
Well for me it isn't or hasn't.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17879 on: July 22, 2016, 19:46:27 pm »

I know there's a lot of romantic thoughts about standing terraces but I think it's a loud minority asking for it, I remember well finding a good viewpoint in the old Htel End only to have some six footers come in front of me just before the game started (I'm 5'7") now we have seats I get to see all of every gamewithout craning my neck to see over someone's shoulder I don't want any changes.
Are they ripping out the West stand seats then?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: