The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 15:45:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1846473 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #18080 on: September 18, 2016, 15:47:27 pm »

The last statement from Mr Thomas was over two months ago saying he was sorting legal issues over ownership for the East Stand.
Could I suggest it is appropriate, with the current high profile of the club, that he issues an updated statement outlining his plans for Sixfields Stadium and a rough timescale!

I think supporters (well most!) have and will be patient but communication is king, which KT has achieved so far.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18081 on: September 18, 2016, 15:49:55 pm »

As I've said many times we have some of the thickest fans going, the main argument against increasing capacity seems to range from we don't have enough fans to we've always been sh1t so it pointless.

Quite a few are putting it down to funds ; but more likely legal probs with the surrounding land. You tend to ignore those two salient factors.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18082 on: September 19, 2016, 07:36:21 am »

Morning Evers, it would be nice to have a definitive answer from Mr Thomas as to the delays though wouldn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18083 on: September 19, 2016, 09:11:38 am »

Morning Evers, it would be nice to have a definitive answer from Mr Thomas as to the delays though wouldn't it?

Without wishing to jump back in on this debate: I did state just after the initial takeover that it could be a cause for concern if we hadn't seen movement, or at the very least outline plans for the finished East by October of this year. I appreciate there could be hold-ups because of wranglings over certain 'rights', although I hope this isn't the case. The reason for delay could equally be down to the fact KT is working towards some sort of sponsorship or other outside funding. Who knows?
I do think we are approaching the time for a definitive statement re the East stand, and I stand by late October as a reasonable span.

Simply put, if we do not (and in the short term are not likely to) have the required funds to finish the build; or if there is some legal mess regarding land rights, or maybe (hopefully) plans are in the pipeline to significantly improve the current design, or perhaps the delay is some reason other than this?
Whatever the cause for delay, just be upfront about it. I want a magnificent East stand, but given the events of the last few years, it wouldn't surprise me if the current monstrosity (in its current guise) is here for the medium/long term. But you know what? That'd be okay.
But I do feel the club should lay out the situation. Is the build going ahead, or not for the foreseeable?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #18084 on: September 19, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »

Posible club employee Rebel spawn has let the cat out of the bag by trying to discredit the clubs  ability to sell itself to the regular folk of Northampton but insists a little of the future hotel development money may be better spent on the better quality of clientel that may inhabit the several cheaply built corporate boxes shoe horned into the abomination of the East stand should the hotel and other bits ever get built..

That's probably the plan hence why it's not been made public as it's so underwhelming.

So you reply to my post with a one liner about not having time to read it, and so not providing counterpoints to anything i said.

Then you proceed to carry on posting the same bullsh*t as before and include completely unfounded accusations about me somehow being on the clubs payroll. I am Not, and never have been.

You are a joke, or a troll, i honestly cant decide. You make up numbers, throw around accusations refuse to listen to reason, refuse to acknowledge any facts that don't support your firmly determined views and continue to spout the same cr*p over and over.

Do you know that despite the empty seats at almost every game, the hospitality was temporarily expanded to accomodate the demand several times last season. THAT IS A FACT. And that is why it makes sense to expand facilities and hospitality areas over seating or terracing. Please provide your counter point to this and dont just ignore it like you usually do.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18085 on: September 19, 2016, 12:52:10 pm »

So you reply to my post with a one liner about not having time to read it, and so not providing counterpoints to anything i said.

Then you proceed to carry on posting the same bullsh*t as before and include completely unfounded accusations about me somehow being on the clubs payroll. I am Not, and never have been.

You are a joke, or a troll, i honestly cant decide. You make up numbers, throw around accusations refuse to listen to reason, refuse to acknowledge any facts that don't support your firmly determined views and continue to spout the same cr*p over and over.

Do you know that despite the empty seats at almost every game, the hospitality was temporarily expanded to accomodate the demand several times last season. THAT IS A FACT. And that is why it makes sense to expand facilities and hospitality areas over seating or terracing. Please provide your counter point to this and dont just ignore it like you usually do.
The 91 other league clubs have or are in progress to have stadium with the ability to take the next step up all things considered  we haven't any concrete plans...That is fact. So in the absence of facts I have to surmise that we now must wait several more years to build a private hotel and hope we may or may not get some boxes built...

Any way ..you may not be close to the club and in the know but you seem to know the facts ... please start sharing and we will stop second guessing the future well being of our club.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #18086 on: September 19, 2016, 13:31:07 pm »

The 91 other league clubs have or are in progress to have stadium with the ability to take the next step up all things considered  we haven't any concrete plans...That is fact. So in the absence of facts I have to surmise that we now must wait several more years to build a private hotel and hope we may or may not get some boxes built...

Any way ..you may not be close to the club and in the know but you seem to know the facts ... please start sharing and we will stop second guessing the future well being of our club.

Pretty sure that Coventry fans would disagree with you there. They have the exact situation that following your advice would result in. Big Beautiful stadium, but 80% empty and they cant afford to stay there. The atmosphere was awful, i certainly wouldnt swap our stadium 'situation' with theirs any time soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaztop1

« Reply #18087 on: September 19, 2016, 14:32:42 pm »

I'd love to see the stadium double in size but I can't see it happening any time soon unless we get fresh outside investment. As too where this comes from who knows.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #18088 on: September 19, 2016, 14:34:14 pm »

In fairness I don't think anyone is advocating a 30,000 capacity stadium.
Small steps first 10/12000 so that it can accommodate bigger crowds,especially those clubs in THIS division whose fans we cannot accommodate because the away capacity is too little.
The stadium is NOW inadequate.
We WILL lose revenue from large away followings that we cannot accommodate.
If we had 3,000 seats for man utds away fans they would have filled them(they needed 5,000).
MK could have accommodated them.
Posh could have accommodated 2,600 as although it states away capacity 1800 it is possible to switch stands hence 2,600+ can attend.
Oxford can accommodate 5,000 if needs be.
We are stuck at 1200.
Let's try and keep pace with those clubs with a 12,500 and 15,000 capacity before worrying about bigger stadiums.
Peterborough and Oxford are set up for league one football
We are a league one club set up for league two football
Address this problem and we may progress
Ignore it as has been the norm and of course we will struggle to compete and soon be back to accommodating league two crowds.
Report Spam   Logged
Matthew Rush

« Reply #18089 on: September 19, 2016, 14:44:10 pm »

Couldn't agree more. The chairman stated that until the legal aspects of the East stand development had been resolved, he would not make any further statements. Yet we still have some of those "thickest fans" chasing answers to questions that he can't answer. Like I say. I couldn't agree with you more...

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
felipefelop

« Reply #18090 on: September 19, 2016, 15:14:22 pm »

Couldn't agree more. The chairman stated that until the legal aspects of the East stand development had been resolved, he would not make any further statements. Yet we still have some of those "thickest fans" chasing answers to questions that he can't answer. Like I say. I couldn't agree with you more...

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18091 on: September 19, 2016, 15:31:43 pm »

For the umpteenth time where did he say this?
And why can't he answer them? FFS legal reasons 😂
We are well overdue an update, remember what happened last time?
I don't want to know what colour the taps are in the gents just a timescale and vision medium and long term would suffice.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18092 on: September 19, 2016, 16:41:13 pm »

he didn't say legal reasons, this is just reading that you're getting wrong now. What hope do you have with the facts?
What KT said was something along the lines of they're trying to work out just who owns what and so until this is sorted there's no further comments. Presumably because all the further comments would be would be "lawyers are still on the paper trail"
What you wanna do is read the website, watch the videos. things like that. theyn you'll be kept up to date, he's not likely to pop round your house and tell you in person. you're gonna have to do some of the work yourself.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: September 19, 2016, 18:09:13 pm »

Maybe Dave sold KT everything bar the east stand that he plans to turn into luxury flats.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: September 19, 2016, 20:09:55 pm »

Just like when Cardoza ruled the roost.... very few  questioned him on  delays, deadlines or any of his many court battles.. 13 long years later  we found ourselves back to square one but much worse off.
So not questioning as to what we can hope to expect for our clubs future would be madness.

You've  obviously have been taken in house and honored to be privvy to the golden new era on the horizon but unable to divulge anything until the hotel etc gets the go-ahead... blah blah ...

Whats the worse that could happen if the club were to outline there future proposals to the clubs fans?

Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18095 on: September 19, 2016, 20:43:13 pm »

The difference is that under cardoza there was no progress being made off the field. Drive past sixfields this evening and you will see the difference between the two. All the crook could think to do was double the prices when we last played this lot and create a lot of bad feeling. Thomas is making extra money from the hundreds of extra corporate places he's provided for Wednesday.
Seriously, when you visit the club on a match day do you wear a blindfold? You must have noticed the difference in things over the past 6 months or so? Club shop, ticket office, outside bars, huge corporate village, lamp post advertising, even painting the methane vents and general sprucing up of the stadium. I'll happily knock the club where and when I feel it's deserved but I think you and manwork have got it all wrong at the minute.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #18096 on: September 19, 2016, 21:31:35 pm »

Small steps first 10/12000 so that it can accommodate bigger crowds,especially those clubs in THIS division whose fans we cannot accommodate because the away capacity is too little.
If we had 3,000 seats for man utds away fans they would have filled them(they needed 5,000).
Posh could have accommodated 2,600 as although it states away capacity 1800 it is possible to switch stands hence 2,600+ can attend.
We are stuck at 1200.
Let's try and keep pace with those clubs with a 12,500 and 15,000 capacity before worrying about bigger stadiums.
Ignore it as has been the norm and of course we will struggle to compete and soon be back to accommodating league two crowds.

A very good summary of our position.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: September 19, 2016, 21:45:31 pm »

I questioned DC over and over again. I tried to look under every stone. I was on the blokes back from the day he walked through the door. You wasn't. In fact, I doubt if you ever sent him one email, or questioned anybody involved in the whole mess. I equally doubt if you have sent a single email to KT about your "concerns". I very much doubt that any of the KT's doubters on here have attempted to contact him in person. If you had, you would have got an answer to your questions. But like the others, you're not interested in an answer. I reckon most of you are just bored. So you get all mischievous... Your like little scamps, nipping away at the grown ups ankles  Grin Grin Grin

Try asking him. He'll give you an answer... Go on  Grin
I don't need to ask him anything the trust will keep me informed.oh wait a minute 😂
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18098 on: September 19, 2016, 22:19:18 pm »

I don't need to ask him anything the trust will keep me informed.oh wait a minute 😂

Talk about evading the question!

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2539

« Reply #18099 on: September 20, 2016, 01:46:41 am »

We are stuck at 1200.
MK couldn't even sell out the quota we gave them!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: