The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 08:17:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 [911] 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ... 2198   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1841407 times)
Poggy and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18200 on: September 28, 2016, 13:39:08 pm »

Firstly ask your mate about investment it's his job!

Secondly.. Do you go to the matches and have you seen the league 1 tables??
We're gonna need a bigger boat 😎

What will we do with it when the flood subsides....
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18201 on: September 28, 2016, 13:50:41 pm »

Firstly ask your mate about investment it's his job!

Which "mate" are you referring too?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #18202 on: September 28, 2016, 14:53:24 pm »

You've  put up to many smoke screens to be considered impartial to the needs of our club.
     Had I put myself forward to the roll of Chairman it would then become my duty to go seek investment to avoid the soul destroying situation of getting into a position to gain promotion to the championship and our grounds inadequacies  yet again stop us show casing to a would be new generation of supporters.

All other clubs find funding ( name a club that hasn't increased capacity that needed it in the last 20 years?
 Just our continual sorry broke arses that's all!

I really hope with the teams great form and rising attendances  forces a review on the supposedly stand off on the east and instead of mothballing the club in its entirety, we look to other parts of the ground to increase attendances even the cheapest  bank of terracing ever built with obstructing supports up behind the seats in the south or North stands.. Anything that would give us a chance to grow the club and take that step into the championship.

#whereisthemoneygoingtocomefrom #wewantanswers
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18203 on: September 28, 2016, 16:35:08 pm »

#whereisthemoneygoingtocomefrom #wewantanswers
#askkelvin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: September 28, 2016, 17:10:47 pm »

What will we do with it when the flood subsides....
Go again on a high tide.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #18205 on: September 28, 2016, 17:33:52 pm »

#askkelvin

Are you going tomorrow night then to do exactly that?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18206 on: September 28, 2016, 19:29:05 pm »

KT has said in the last week that the money is in place to expand the ground. The only hold up is the legal issues. Lets see at the end of November if KT has achieved progress. So far under his custodiumship he has kept his word, so well done KT.
So what's that silly fúcking prick going on about then
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18207 on: September 28, 2016, 21:51:14 pm »

I think everyone needs to calm down if it's getting to the stage where one cobblers supporter is calling another cobblers supporter a silly fcuking prick Sad
We all support the same team.

Personal insults at other fans are OTT as far as I'm concerned and I'm sure if we all take a step back we can at least agree on this.

Il admit I'm no moderator but it does upset me to see fellow cobblers fans abusing one another when we are all on the same side regardless of different opinions on certain topics.

I'd like to think even if some posters have opposing views on things they can still be civil to each other.
UTC
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: September 28, 2016, 21:56:07 pm »

Certain fans telling other fans to not be insulting is a bit like me asking someone to sit down at a match.
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18209 on: September 28, 2016, 22:17:53 pm »

Secondly.. Do you go to the matches

How dare you ask our number one super-ultrafan  if he goes to the matches!
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18210 on: September 28, 2016, 22:21:08 pm »

Certain fans telling other fans to not be insulting is a bit like me asking someone to sit down at a match.
Maybe it's just me thinking that our forum members are better than they actually are.
At matches at least there are stewards who will enforce the rules.
Recently it seems no one moderates the forum anymore which I find sad.
I have no idea if the site still has moderators but if it has I would find it very sad if not one of them found it unacceptable to use foul and abusive language towards fellow supporters.
That would say a lot about the forum right now.
We should as cobblers fans be proud of this forum and try to treat each other with respect.
Maybe it's idealistic but if abuse is now the norm I think it's a sad day for the forum which in general is a very good melting pot for opinions.
I don't want it to fall into disrepute and I hope posters can stop abusing each other.
Let's just try to get on
UTC
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18211 on: September 28, 2016, 22:25:49 pm »

I think everyone needs to calm down if it's getting to the stage where one cobblers supporter is calling another cobblers supporter a silly fcuking prick Sad
We all support the same team.

Personal insults at other fans are OTT as far as I'm concerned and I'm sure if we all take a step back we can at least agree on this.

Il admit I'm no moderator but it does upset me to see fellow cobblers fans abusing one another when we are all on the same side regardless of different opinions on certain topics.

I'd like to think even if some posters have opposing views on things they can still be civil to each other.
UTC
so you don't think he's being an idiot then? he's demanding the ground be expanded even though he knows there's not much money to do it with and there's legal issues currently standing in the way and then he demands Thomas keeps updating the fans even though there's nothing to update as the situation is the same as he updated with before and then when people ask him why he doesn't question Thomas directly with these concerns be it via email, in person or at an open forum he comes out with some guff about "well, he'll read it on here anyway". These are all the actions of an idiot. Even you went and saw Cardoza, didn't you
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest170

« Reply #18212 on: September 29, 2016, 08:15:58 am »

#askkelvin

Will you be asking him during the Q&A session tonight on Facebook?

[YES] [NO]

delete as appropriate
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: September 29, 2016, 08:56:35 am »

How dare you ask our number one super-ultrafan  if he goes to the matches!

Supa fan? No where near compared with some others on here. Toploader?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: September 29, 2016, 11:01:24 am »

Will you be asking him during the Q&A session tonight on Facebook?

[YES] [NO]

delete as appropriate
Yes and the answer will probably be the old chestnut of ...legal undisclosable this and complicated long winded that and when we know more we will tell you what's happening.. Which usually means trying to get something for nothing even if it means waiting another several years and then the 'Hotel' and other bits can be built .. and then and only then we may or may not see something happen.

After 20 plus years watching us failing constantly due to the want of a little investment I'm worn down with the same pattern.
I just don't want to see this golden era die for the lack of
ambition like every other time over the previous 50 years.

I really hope I'm proved completely wrong to which I will happily apologise to all for my constant rantings on here,

And maybe tonight we actually find out some good news

Yours in great anticipation ,
Bedscobb xx
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #18215 on: September 29, 2016, 11:20:32 am »

Will you be the one wearing a carnation in your lapel so we can recognise you.

I'll be wearing my sisters of mercy TShirt and driving the cortina. You can buy a round of Double Diamond and we can reminisce about the old days and finish of with a game of cribbage. Head to the Montparnasse.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: September 29, 2016, 11:35:21 am »

Will you be the one wearing a carnation in your lapel so we can recognise you.

I think he wears specs and would not win a beauty contest! Short stubby stature.
Report Spam   Logged

Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18217 on: September 29, 2016, 12:09:03 pm »

I think he wears specs and would not win a beauty contest! Short stubby stature.

Looks like this?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 21:23:14 pm by Ormen » Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #18218 on: September 29, 2016, 12:43:55 pm »

Supa fan? No where near compared with some others on here. Toploader?

.......... Geema  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18219 on: September 29, 2016, 14:25:48 pm »

Geema looks like Bernie Eccleston in a flashers mac
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 [911] 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ... 2198   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: