The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 09:47:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 [980] 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845908 times)
guest2487

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #19580 on: August 03, 2017, 15:05:30 pm »

You were the only person to send me a PM alas Jolly.

Says it all. Beds is now verging on rambling idiot.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19581 on: August 03, 2017, 15:51:10 pm »

Says it all. Beds is now verging on rambling idiot.
Not really a surprise how things have panned out though, with the Chinese I thought just maybe we just might get something but sadly not.
With luck the land grab shouldnt drag on and we may one day get someone in who has some foresight.
Some you win some you lose.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #19582 on: August 03, 2017, 17:23:32 pm »

I'm just back from Holland and the England Ladies group games. I thought the stadium for the Portugal game in particular would be perfect for us. Great atmosphere with 3,500 in it and great facilities.
Long way to go though.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koning_Willem_II_Stadion
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #19583 on: August 03, 2017, 17:48:41 pm »

Beds, I have yet to decide if you are a grade A tool, or one of the best wind up merchants on the web.
Either way you really spout off with some complete and utter fúcking crap.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19584 on: August 03, 2017, 17:53:33 pm »

Everbrite - I wasn't there last night because I live 70+ miles away from Northampton and, in any event, it was broadcast live on Facebook. Many thanks to the club for this.

I commented this morning that I was disappointed with what KT said or, more to the point, did not say about the redevelopment. That remains the case.  As a few others have commented KT keeps his cards close to his chest and doesn't like to tell us too much. To borrow his words, he prefers to under-promise and over deliver. I hope so but what was behind my disappointment was the continuing lack of information about what the Chinese investment means for the club.  KT talks about the education benefits. That is fine and potentially exciting for the town but I struggle to see how this may benefit NTFC.  The Mail on Sunday article stated that the Chinese had invested £6 million. I have no means of knowing if this is fact or fiction but add to that the £4 million KT has said is available for the East Stand and frankly I expected a more ambitious redevelopment statement than the same as before one KT delivered last night.  Not unreasonable I think on the eve of a new season with a new team assembled.

I do not wish to come across as being too critical of KT. There is no comparison between him and the hapless Big Dave Cardoza.  In the period in which KT has been in control of the club there have been many improvements and every improvement helps.  But let's face it these improvements are relatively small however welcome they may be.  With the Chinese investment the playing budget has increased and that should make us a competitive force in League 1. If we progress on the pitch as well as I expect we are in danger of losing out on income with a ground which is patently inadequate for a higher level of football.  Nothing is ever guaranteed in football but planning for a better, bigger future should be part of the NTFC plan.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #19585 on: August 03, 2017, 17:59:03 pm »

To be honest having done as much searching as I could about our Chinese investors(including getting friends in China to help me) I am not surprised at the rather low key forum. Apart from an increase in the playing budget(albeit not massive from what I can see) the only other thing I can see they bring to the table is the opportunity to merchandise our stuff into the largest market in the World.
I would love to see a capacity increase at Sixfields, but that can only come with results. It is the ultimate chicken and egg scenario, but I cannot see any investment into the expansion of the ground until we are(please note Beds) ACTUALLY turning people away at the turnstiles and not based on the thougths of a complete nutter losing thouands per game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 18:01:39 pm by singcobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #19586 on: August 03, 2017, 18:06:00 pm »

Do we actually know what "educational benefits" means in terms of helping the club? We don't want to educate anyone that much. Anyone with half a brain won't support the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19587 on: August 03, 2017, 19:20:23 pm »

You were the only person to send me a PM alas Jolly.

Ok, Fez. Have to say I'm sorry to hear that. And thanks for your response to the points I raised. Appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19588 on: August 03, 2017, 19:21:12 pm »

That's worth a chuckle  Grin

You really are one little sad-act.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19589 on: August 03, 2017, 19:26:43 pm »

To be honest having done as much searching as I could about our Chinese investors(including getting friends in China to help me) I am not surprised at the rather low key forum. Apart from an increase in the playing budget(albeit not massive from what I can see) the only other thing I can see they bring to the table is the opportunity to merchandise our stuff into the largest market in the World.
I would love to see a capacity increase at Sixfields, but that can only come with results. It is the ultimate chicken and egg scenario, but I cannot see any investment into the expansion of the ground until we are(please note Beds) ACTUALLY turning people away at the turnstiles and not based on the thougths of a complete nutter losing thouands per game.
We do lose gate revenues as has been stated and will continue to do so., but the biggest losses are being unable to grow the club and make it a more attractive atmospheric place to entice locals to visit as its a complete **** hole embarrassment to our town.
But as its now appears, like you, a fair number of our support are happy with it and therefore your  wishes for no change should be respected, which is just as well as Thomas has nothing to offer, he did seem to get excited about our foot print but not the actual ground or the club playing in it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 19:28:39 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #19590 on: August 03, 2017, 19:55:38 pm »

We do lose gate revenues as has been stated and will continue to do so., but the biggest losses are being unable to grow the club and make it a more attractive atmospheric place to entice locals to visit as its a complete **** hole embarrassment to our town.
But as its now appears, like you, a fair number of our support are happy with it and therefore your  wishes for no change should be respected, which is just as well as Thomas has nothing to offer, he did seem to get excited about our foot print but not the actual ground or the club playing in it.

OK, I'll bite. Show me in FACTUAL figures where we are losing the thousands of pounds you think we are.
I know and everyone else on this forum knows that you cannot do that. You are just clutching at figures as the pour out of your árse.
Why don't you just shut the fúck up until such time as you have grown the balls to take you case to KT. Oops, I forgot, you had that chance last night, but as usual you bottled it when people ask you for facts.
Do this forum and the world a favour and disconnect youself from the internet.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #19591 on: August 03, 2017, 20:04:34 pm »

I've asked him before to back up the lies about losing gate money but he can't because it's in his head. And he won't face to face KT, he hasn't even got it in him to send an email.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: August 03, 2017, 20:24:00 pm »

Is there any chance that all of Bed's comments could be inserted in a separate thread so that I can avoid them and not accidently read them. It doesn't help my blood pressure!
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #19593 on: August 03, 2017, 21:01:20 pm »

Is there any chance that all of Bed's comments could be inserted in a separate thread so that I can avoid them and not accidently read them. It doesn't help my blood pressure!
Maybe this thread should be closed down? Come on mods...
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: August 03, 2017, 21:03:23 pm »

OK, I'll bite. Show me in FACTUAL figures where we are losing the thousands of pounds you think we are.
I know and everyone else on this forum knows that you cannot do that. You are just clutching at figures as the pour out of your árse.
Why don't you just shut the fúck up until such time as you have grown the balls to take you case to KT. Oops, I forgot, you had that chance last night, but as usual you bottled it when people ask you for facts.
Do this forum and the world a favour and disconnect youself from the internet.
up until last night only kelvin knew what kelvin was planing, talk on here of a possible  big announcements on the redevelopment forced him show his hand and it what a poor hand it was!
So mission accomplished without having to sit there listening to his nonsence.
We all know where we stand now and we can only hope he gets his land or whatever it is he needs and with a little of the proceeds  possibly fit out the shell for a whooping multi million price tag that we could do without but get no choice but suck it up regardless. He then can move on to the next club.
He has no ambition for our clubs long term future which was shown in his disregard for any need of our future growth.
Several times next season from 500 upto 2000 extra away supporters could be catered for had we the capacity and as many as 5 games, more if we get off to a flyer would see home sections declared full and tickets only on sale to those on the  data base.. which prohibits walk ups ( we all started out as a walk up on the day)and those not risking being locked out or unwilling to sit in a s*** area. £200,000 plus right there, but  its the not being able to showvase the big games to posible new fans that is killing our long term ability to grow our supporters base.
Last season the ground was 85% full over the season, very little room for growth you have to agree, although kelvin didnt but I dont believe he believes that.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #19595 on: August 03, 2017, 21:07:05 pm »

I've asked him before to back up the lies about losing gate money but he can't because it's in his head. And he won't face to face KT, he hasn't even got it in him to send an email.

What's he got to do to be banned?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #19596 on: August 03, 2017, 21:13:39 pm »

up until last night only kelvin knew what kelvin was planing, talk on here of a possible  big announcements on the redevelopment forced him show his hand and it what a poor hand it was!
So mission accomplished without having to sit there listening to his nonsence.

I'll have some of whatever he's on, please.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2487

« Reply #19597 on: August 03, 2017, 21:14:12 pm »

As KT said last night, who do you think covers any lost revenue?
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #19598 on: August 03, 2017, 21:19:41 pm »

Don't you live in Luton?
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19599 on: August 03, 2017, 21:47:44 pm »

As KT said last night, who do you think covers any lost revenue?
Hopefully those that caused there to be a shortfall by continually being short sighted, himself.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 [980] 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: