The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:45:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 [981] 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1823014 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #19600 on: August 03, 2017, 21:52:17 pm »

up until last night only kelvin knew what kelvin was planing, talk on here of a possible  big announcements on the redevelopment forced him show his hand and it what a poor hand it was!
So mission accomplished without having to sit there listening to his nonsence.
We all know where we stand now and we can only hope he gets his land or whatever it is he needs and with a little of the proceeds  possibly fit out the shell for a whooping multi million price tag that we could do without but get no choice but suck it up regardless. He then can move on to the next club.
He has no ambition for our clubs long term future which was shown in his disregard for any need of our future growth.
Several times next season from 500 upto 2000 extra away supporters could be catered for had we the capacity and as many as 5 games, more if we get off to a flyer would see home sections declared full and tickets only on sale to those on the  data base.. which prohibits walk ups ( we all started out as a walk up on the day)and those not risking being locked out or unwilling to sit in a **** area. £200,000 plus right there, but  its the not being able to showvase the big games to posible new fans that is killing our long term ability to grow our supporters base.
Last season the ground was 85% full over the season, very little room for growth you have to agree, although kelvin didnt but I dont believe he believes that.

You are totally fúcking dilusional. You pluck figures from thin air and expect people to accept them. You come on here with búlls*** and feel that you are the voice of reason and progression, yet you lack the courage of your convictions when given the chance to place your 'facts' to the person who makes informed decisions. I'll let you into a little secret. WE ARE FÚCKING SICK AND TIRED OF THE FÚCKING CRAP YOU SPOUT ON HERE SO JUST FÚCK OFF TO SOME INSIGNIFICANT FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE YOU CAN FIND IDIOTTS WHO WILL TAKE HEED TO THE SHíT YOU SPOUT.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19601 on: August 03, 2017, 21:55:13 pm »

What's he got to do to be banned?
I mainly reply to questions and do so politely, I also stand by what I write..so why ban me?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: August 03, 2017, 22:00:48 pm »

You are totally fúcking dilusional. You pluck figures from thin air and expect people to accept them. You come on here with búlls*** and feel that you are the voice of reason and progression, yet you lack the courage of your convictions when given the chance to place your 'facts' to the person who makes informed decisions. I'll let you into a little secret. WE ARE FÚCKING SICK AND TIRED OF THE FÚCKING CRAP YOU SPOUT ON HERE SO JUST FÚCK OFF TO SOME INSIGNIFICANT FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE YOU CAN FIND IDIOTTS WHO WILL TAKE HEED TO THE SHíT YOU SPOUT.
Please keep your wig on me old duck, what part do you regard as spouted s***? Please put forward an example and I will happily reevaluate .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #19603 on: August 03, 2017, 22:24:11 pm »

Hopefully those that caused there to be a shortfall by continually being short sighted, himself.

I don't really know why you don't lament Cardoza hardly ever. This is all his fault you know. He's the real villain, not KT
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: August 03, 2017, 22:37:44 pm »

up until last night only kelvin knew what kelvin was planing, talk on here of a possible  big announcements on the redevelopment forced him show his hand and it what a poor hand it was!
So mission accomplished without having to sit there listening to his nonsence.
We all know where we stand now and we can only hope he gets his land or whatever it is he needs and with a little of the proceeds  possibly fit out the shell for a whooping multi million price tag that we could do without but get no choice but suck it up regardless. He then can move on to the next club.
He has no ambition for our clubs long term future which was shown in his disregard for any need of our future growth.
Several times next season from 500 upto 2000 extra away supporters could be catered for had we the capacity and as many as 5 games, more if we get off to a flyer would see home sections declared full and tickets only on sale to those on the  data base.. which prohibits walk ups ( we all started out as a walk up on the day)and those not risking being locked out or unwilling to sit in a **** area. £200,000 plus right there, but  its the not being able to showvase the big games to posible new fans that is killing our long term ability to grow our supporters base.
Last season the ground was 85% full over the season, very little room for growth you have to agree, although kelvin didnt but I dont believe he believes that.

I agree, if we had a 10,000 capacity stadium with 3,000 away seats our attendance over the course of the season would probably increase by around 1,000 per game on average. However, you have shown yourself to be a bottle job and failed to show up to ask your questions in person. In any case, nothing will be done until the legal issues regarding the East Stand are resolved.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19605 on: August 03, 2017, 22:39:48 pm »

You really are one little sad-act.

You really have no sense of humour
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: August 03, 2017, 22:42:22 pm »

Everbrite - I wasn't there last night because I live 70+ miles away from Northampton and, in any event, it was broadcast live on Facebook. Many thanks to the club for this.

I commented this morning that I was disappointed with what KT said or, more to the point, did not say about the redevelopment. That remains the case.  As a few others have commented KT keeps his cards close to his chest and doesn't like to tell us too much. To borrow his words, he prefers to under-promise and over deliver. I hope so but what was behind my disappointment was the continuing lack of information about what the Chinese investment means for the club.  KT talks about the education benefits. That is fine and potentially exciting for the town but I struggle to see how this may benefit NTFC.  The Mail on Sunday article stated that the Chinese had invested £6 million. I have no means of knowing if this is fact or fiction but add to that the £4 million KT has said is available for the East Stand and frankly I expected a more ambitious redevelopment statement than the same as before one KT delivered last night.  Not unreasonable I think on the eve of a new season with a new team assembled.

I do not wish to come across as being too critical of KT. There is no comparison between him and the hapless Big Dave Cardoza.  In the period in which KT has been in control of the club there have been many improvements and every improvement helps.  But let's face it these improvements are relatively small however welcome they may be.  With the Chinese investment the playing budget has increased and that should make us a competitive force in League 1. If we progress on the pitch as well as I expect we are in danger of losing out on income with a ground which is patently inadequate for a higher level of football.  Nothing is ever guaranteed in football but planning for a better, bigger future should be part of the NTFC plan.

+++
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: August 03, 2017, 22:46:23 pm »

To be honest having done as much searching as I could about our Chinese investors(including getting friends in China to help me) I am not surprised at the rather low key forum. Apart from an increase in the playing budget(albeit not massive from what I can see) the only other thing I can see they bring to the table is the opportunity to merchandise our stuff into the largest market in the World.
I would love to see a capacity increase at Sixfields, but that can only come with results. It is the ultimate chicken and egg scenario, but I cannot see any investment into the expansion of the ground until we are(please note Beds) ACTUALLY turning people away at the turnstiles and not based on the thougths of a complete nutter losing thouands per game.

Well said. The only point I would add is that even a modest expansion would be a start.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19608 on: August 03, 2017, 22:48:17 pm »

You really have no sense of humour

I do. I regularly laugh at you. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: August 03, 2017, 23:36:52 pm »

Well said. The only point I would add is that even a modest expansion would be a start.

I think, at this stage, that is all any of us (perhaps with one noticeable exception) would expect.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #19610 on: August 04, 2017, 01:22:49 am »

Maybe this thread should be closed down? Come on mods...

Closing down open debate? I would've thought you of all posters would understand the importance of open conversation and not suppressing other peoples views?  Kiss

As an architect, to me design and the buildings that surround us are of huge significance. As Winston Churchill once famously said "We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us." It's undeniable that Sixfields is uninspiring, a budget stadium that is inadequate in many aspects especially commercially, it's also clear that immediate expansion of capacity is not absolutely necessary and not at the forefront of KT's thinking.

A well planned and publicised development can capture the imagination that's without question, but here lies the conundrum. The investors, KT and  JED are not trying to go backwards, the expectation I would suggest is to challenge, aim higher. If this season is a huge success and fingers crossed it is, then a promotion would change the dynamics completely. I would hazard a guess but Championship football would have the sold out signs up for a majority of the games at Sixfields in it's current set up.

I understand the disappointment of many here that there is no grand scheme to instantly turn Sixfields into a Championship standard ground, but the first and most important task stadium wise is to develop the crucial commercial facilities and that is where Kelvins thinking will be. As it's been rightly pointed out by some here it would be incredibly easy to expand the stadium once the desire is there so therefore at this point it would make absolute sense to invest in the playing side and tidying the East stand, just as KT has expressed and also down playing expectations with stadium spending.

It is very early days and it makes absolute sense to see where this season takes us first. If I was the investor (I wish) It would also make sense to gain that promotion and see a whole season in the Championship before expansion. The north and south stands can be expanded quickly, relatively cheaply and large enough to easily accommodate the needs of the club even in a higher division.

Enjoy the football!

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: August 04, 2017, 05:13:43 am »

Closing down open debate? I would've thought you of all posters would understand the importance of open conversation and not suppressing other peoples views?  Kiss

As an architect, to me design and the buildings that surround us are of huge significance. As Winston Churchill once famously said "We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us." It's undeniable that Sixfields is uninspiring, a budget stadium that is inadequate in many aspects especially commercially, it's also clear that immediate expansion of capacity is not absolutely necessary and not at the forefront of KT's thinking.

A well planned and publicised development can capture the imagination that's without question, but here lies the conundrum. The investors, KT and  JED are not trying to go backwards, the expectation I would suggest is to challenge, aim higher. If this season is a huge success and fingers crossed it is, then a promotion would change the dynamics completely. I would hazard a guess but Championship football would have the sold out signs up for a majority of the games at Sixfields in it's current set up.

I understand the disappointment of many here that there is no grand scheme to instantly turn Sixfields into a Championship standard ground, but the first and most important task stadium wise is to develop the crucial commercial facilities and that is where Kelvins thinking will be. As it's been rightly pointed out by some here it would be incredibly easy to expand the stadium once the desire is there so therefore at this point it would make absolute sense to invest in the playing side and tidying the East stand, just as KT has expressed and also down playing expectations with stadium spending.

It is very early days and it makes absolute sense to see where this season takes us first. If I was the investor (I wish) It would also make sense to gain that promotion and see a whole season in the Championship before expansion. The north and south stands can be expanded quickly, relatively cheaply and large enough to easily accommodate the needs of the club even in a higher division.

Enjoy the football!

Can you imagine the lost opportunity and damage  that a season spent in the championship without being able to gain a single new supporter from across our county would do? not to mention locking out many thousands of loyal supporters who stuck with us at the bottom of league 2!
Building up of a clubs supporters base is the single most important factor in why you build spare capacity in a ground.
A business that can not grow and adapt to new opportunities is a business that Is Doomed to failure as we do quite regularly.
Buckets at the ready😂😂
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:15:14 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: August 04, 2017, 06:23:42 am »

Anyone would think we are nailed on for the Championship. We will play in the Conference before the Championship, trust me. The biggest influence the Chinese are going to have is providing a good helping of delusion
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: August 04, 2017, 07:04:33 am »

Anyone would think we are nailed on for the Championship. We will play in the Conference before the Championship, trust me. The biggest influence the Chinese are going to have is providing a good helping of delusion

That isn't quite correct! The biggest influence on the Chinese would be us having a successful season, even a play off spot would be seen as an achievement. The Chinese needs this success to further their own ambitions in mainland China.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:07:34 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: August 04, 2017, 07:08:16 am »

It's always cheering to have positive posters like Wrigleys. Me - I am looking to move up a league and see our tinpot little ground full to the rafters. All in all that will be a very nice problem for KT and us to have.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: August 04, 2017, 07:31:06 am »

Only 8+ pages to go till we reach the magical 1000 mark! Will BedsCobb manage to stretch this thread out to 2000 or more? It is getting very tedious. Time to bin it? Mind you I am enjoying singcobb's comments. It is exactly how I feel but I'm holding back but well said singcobb.
Report Spam   Logged
dannybeaver

View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: August 04, 2017, 07:35:54 am »

I'd bin it at 999  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19617 on: August 04, 2017, 07:45:04 am »

Nervous 990's...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19618 on: August 04, 2017, 08:14:44 am »

I think if you bin all Beds posts we would be closer to p. 176 right now!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
guest2677

« Reply #19619 on: August 04, 2017, 08:29:47 am »

But you can say that about any aspect of life, do we every get told the full story of anything from the government ? I do think the issue of the East stand was covered reasonably well last night, there are 2 leases on the land, one of which is owned by CDN, and until the council sorts this out, nothing can happen. KT said, again, that the money is there to finish off the East and as soon as the lease issue is sorted, it will be finished off.
So I didn't realise CDN hold a lease on the land behind the east (and the land the east is on?). That's Grossman/Cardozas right? Who has the other lease then, and how does KT expect the paperwork to sort itself out? I don't see anyone offering to buy the lease back off the CDN anytime soon!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 [981] 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: