The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:43:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 [997] 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821423 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #19920 on: September 27, 2017, 16:39:48 pm »

i see that boring fúck that is too scared to send an email is still droning on
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #19921 on: September 27, 2017, 17:41:29 pm »

Time for a protest against the council, that will distract us from the boring football.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #19922 on: September 27, 2017, 18:14:10 pm »

Bombard Mr Lewer MP to get off his backside and broker a conclusion between all parties.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #19923 on: September 27, 2017, 18:37:12 pm »

Who does? How many people truly have experience of redeveloping football grounds, there wont be many people at our level.

He has had several meetings with Buckinghams who are pretty good at it
He want to MK to look at their stadium to see what can be done and learn lessons
He did the same with Brighton.

No he probably doesn't have experience of developing stadiums but he is speaking to people who do and taking advice.

In reference to MK. It may have capacity, corporate facilities, a hotel and nice deep padded seats with ample leg room, run out of hot food (standard)....but would you really prefer to watch your games in something like that with 11,000 rattling around in it?
Awful atmosphere and disconnect from what's happening on the pitch.
15k capacity would be ample for us. If the Saints ever take that over and save it from one day becoming a white elephant, I'd offer them £20 for Franklins.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #19924 on: September 27, 2017, 19:34:56 pm »

Who does? How many people truly have experience of redeveloping football grounds, there wont be many people at our level.

He has had several meetings with Buckinghams who are pretty good at it
He want to MK to look at their stadium to see what can be done and learn lessons
He did the same with Brighton.

No he probably doesn't have experience of developing stadiums but he is speaking to people who do and taking advice.
That's all very well, but the guy he needs to be seeing...lives in Luton!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #19925 on: September 27, 2017, 19:53:32 pm »

That's all very well, but the guy he needs to be seeing...lives in Luton!  Cool
And Luton for a long time, have been trying to move out of the sh!thole that is Kenilworth Road, but to no avail. It all sounds familiar.
I wonder if Beds bangs on about that in The Bricklayers Arms?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19926 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:03 am »

KT on Radio Northampton this morning having a right go at the Council cabinet members for not having the courtesy to reply to his email sent 48 hours ago.
It appears his frustration is finally coming out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #19927 on: September 28, 2017, 07:55:24 am »

KT on Radio Northampton this morning having a right go at the Council cabinet members for not having the courtesy to reply to his email sent 48 hours ago.
It appears his frustration is finally coming out.
Typical council . Absolutely no one accountable .
I suspect no one wants to touch this matter or be responsible for making a decision on it .
Some kind of fans protest would be useful
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #19928 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:16 am »

In reference to MK. It may have capacity, corporate facilities, a hotel and nice deep padded seats with ample leg room, run out of hot food (standard)....but would you really prefer to watch your games in something like that with 11,000 rattling around in it?
Awful atmosphere and disconnect from what's happening on the pitch.
15k capacity would be ample for us. If the Saints ever take that over and save it from one day becoming a white elephant, I'd offer them £20 for Franklins.
No, wasn't an example of the ground I would like at the moment, just that they know what they are doing, they also built the new paddock at Silverstone.
Yes they also half built the east stand but I think it is fair to say that is an unusual situation
Large empty stadiums are awful I agree
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #19929 on: September 28, 2017, 08:43:42 am »

You do know Buckingham built that pile of s***e behind the east stand and wanted £4.5m for it..no thanks.

Incorrect, £4.5m was the cost of the completed stand
They left site being owed £1.8m

I don't know how much steel, labour and machine hire is so cannot comment is £1.8m is 'value for money' though
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #19930 on: September 28, 2017, 08:56:36 am »

You do know Buckingham built that pile of s***e behind the east stand and wanted £4.5m for it..no thanks.
Also thought you might like this as a reminder... from Buckingham a statement a couple of years ago

“The structure which we have been building is not the original scheme designed by RMJC Architects and permitted by the Borough Council on 28th November 2013 under Planning Application N/2013/1048. This original scheme incorporated conference facilities, a banqueting suite with ancillary corporate hospitality facilities, new kitchens and a gymnasium...

“The decision to abandon the original scheme and replace it with a bog-standard spectator stand came exclusively from the football club via the club’s project managers – Jemmerley Ltd - in an email dated 17th April 2014, and Buckingham signed a JCT Contract with 1st Land Ltd on 1st May 2014 to build the amended design for the replacement East Stand at a contract value of £4 .151m.

Sort of feel I need to say I don't work for or have any connection to Buckinghams   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19931 on: September 28, 2017, 09:34:18 am »

Too add a bit of balance..
You can hardly blame the council for taking their time over this.
Last time they were accused of rushing things,not making necessary checks etc and ended up losing over £10M that could have been spent on other projects.
This has left a big hole financially and probably just as important a loss of face for the council.

They are hardly going to risk making further mistakes.
I'd imagine they also want to make sure that after the last fiasco that it is the football club and the community as a whole who are the main beneficiaries of any redevelopment.

What they won't want to be seen to be doing will be signing deals that are overly generous for private investors as their main objectives should be to offer value to the local taxpayer and enhance the future of the football club and surrounding community.

I can understand KT bemoaning a lack of action but to the council it must seem a bit like Groundhog Day with individuals pressing them to hurry up and sign off land deals etc.

Let's not forget that they/we are still £10M pounds down at the moment and in fairness to the council they could have had the club liquidated at any time but chose to write off the debt against the club and instead target individuals who they beleive may have facilitated the loss of the investment.
They didn't have to do this and so as much as KT is seen as a saviour for his part in saving the club,without the cooperation of the council there would have been nothing to save.

Although not a popular viewpoint I'm sure,after standing back and looking at things from a distance you could hardly blame the council for wanting to see the financial outcome of the first disaster before embarking down a similar path once again.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #19932 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:36 am »

Yes but nobody is asking the council to spend a penny on the ground.

Cardoza got hold of £10m of public cash.
KT is asking for a legal agreement so he can spend £4m of private money finishing the ground off.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #19933 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:28 am »

Although not a popular viewpoint I'm sure,after standing back and looking at things from a distance you could hardly blame the council for wanting to see the financial outcome of the first disaster before embarking down a similar path once again.
I think their rudeness/ineptitude doesn't have much to do with them going down a similar route (or not) to last time. It's just the courtesy of answering an e-mail. If they don't have the means or are not willing to do even that then any criticism is completely justified.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #19934 on: September 28, 2017, 10:06:08 am »

Too add a bit of balance..
You can hardly blame the council for taking their time over this.
Last time they were accused of rushing things,not making necessary checks etc and ended up losing over £10M that could have been spent on other projects.
This has left a big hole financially and probably just as important a loss of face for the council.

They are hardly going to risk making further mistakes.
I'd imagine they also want to make sure that after the last fiasco that it is the football club and the community as a whole who are the main beneficiaries of any redevelopment.

What they won't want to be seen to be doing will be signing deals that are overly generous for private investors as their main objectives should be to offer value to the local taxpayer and enhance the future of the football club and surrounding community.

I can understand KT bemoaning a lack of action but to the council it must seem a bit like Groundhog Day with individuals pressing them to hurry up and sign off land deals etc.

Let's not forget that they/we are still £10M pounds down at the moment and in fairness to the council they could have had the club liquidated at any time but chose to write off the debt against the club and instead target individuals who they beleive may have facilitated the loss of the investment.
They didn't have to do this and so as much as KT is seen as a saviour for his part in saving the club,without the cooperation of the council there would have been nothing to save.

I always understood that the money handed over to the club was not from the council's coffers, but a central government fund, the council only facillitated the loan.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19935 on: September 28, 2017, 10:10:24 am »

Yes but nobody is asking the council to spend a penny on the ground.

Cardoza got hold of £10m of public cash.
KT is asking for a legal agreement so he can spend £4m of private money finishing the ground off.
Im sure if he asked the council permission to fit out the shell with an access road to the rear on the groinfs footprint, all self financed, he'd be granted it that day?
So whats the hold up? Is there hotels, houses, flats or commercial stuff needed to enable the build?

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19936 on: September 28, 2017, 10:50:15 am »

The amount of land to the rear of the existing stand/shell that he is given (or not) to utilise will have a significant effect on the design and build/completion of the existing framework.  I would assume that until that is determined, that any publication of design plans would be a wasted effort.  
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest1269

« Reply #19937 on: September 28, 2017, 11:07:25 am »

Well... With all due respect. We get back to the original point. It has fcuk all to do with you (or indeed me). It is time that you and few others checked out the level of entitlemnet you have.

You have to be barking mad not to realise that you can't do anything without planning permission. Only a total fool would give some of our supporters a clue what they are thinking. He knows very well that if he tells you what he would like to see happen, you will bang on about it being his fault if it can't happen no matter what the reason.

It has been made abundantly clear time afetr time that the hold up is not with the club. But you and a few others persistently refuse to accept that KT is not "up to something". I really do wonder what some peoples motives are. Just leave the bloke alone and let him try to do his best with the pile shyte he was left.

I couldn't have put it better myself  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19938 on: September 28, 2017, 12:21:02 pm »

The amount of land to the rear of the existing stand/shell that he is given (or not) to utilise will have a significant effect on the design and build/completion of the existing framework.  I would assume that until that is determined, that any publication of design plans would be a wasted effort.  

Abso bloody lutely mate. How that fact continues to be ignored is beyond me. And if anybody tells me this is just a wind... That's total bollox. This has got unecessarily personal and pointed for no reason at all.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19939 on: September 28, 2017, 12:35:44 pm »

.....................................It's just the courtesy of answering an e-mail.

Dear Mr Thomas,

"This is the crux of the issue in NBC failing to reply to KT's message".

They should have sent a simple message to KT confirming receipt of his message and advising that they are looking into the matter. Should also give an indication when they will respond.

yours sincerely etc
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 [997] 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: