The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 22:48:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 ... 2197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1840008 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19940 on: September 28, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »

That's all very well, but the guy he needs to be seeing...lives in Luton!  Cool

I get your point - I think. But you do know some parts of Luton are ok; bit like most similar size towns.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #19941 on: September 28, 2017, 13:15:45 pm »

Hi Tel but it has got something to do with us, especially when KT is now asking for our help with the council (groundhog day x 1000)

You do not need council permission to apply for permission (groundhog day again)

Again what are the actual details regarding the land?  what land is it?  what leases on what land?  whose 'owns' those leases?  How exactly does this dispute stop KT finishing the East stand?

Easy to bash and blame the council but as said above look what happened last time.

Problem is there are no details to support either party. Why most of you support the idea of NBC giving away NTFC / NBC assets to individuals is beyond me. A point I make many times, which no one, not even you Tel, actually reply or debate on a sensible level. Would you give your garden to KT for free?  Of course not. Would you give that land to the Saints or NCCC ?  No I bet you wouldn't, so why hand it over to an outside investor to benefit. Has KT ever outlined his plans for the East stand? What and why he wants to build it and who / how those will benefit in the medium / long term?

Again people say we are lucky to have KT, I just don't see it that way, if there was no potential land grab / investment he would have been long gone - just ask Torquay. Of course hes a million times better than DC but then who isn't.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #19942 on: September 28, 2017, 13:24:17 pm »

especially when KT is now asking for our help with the council

Is he?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #19943 on: September 28, 2017, 13:28:00 pm »

Hi Tel but it has got something to do with us, especially when KT is now asking for our help with the council (groundhog day x 1000)

You do not need council permission to apply for permission (groundhog day again)

Again what are the actual details regarding the land?  what land is it?  what leases on what land?  whose 'owns' those leases?  How exactly does this dispute stop KT finishing the East stand?

Easy to bash and blame the council but as said above look what happened last time.

Problem is there are no details to support either party. Why most of you support the idea of NBC giving away NTFC / NBC assets to individuals is beyond me. A point I make many times, which no one, not even you Tel, actually reply or debate on a sensible level. Would you give your garden to KT for free?  Of course not. Would you give that land to the Saints or NCCC ?  No I bet you wouldn't, so why hand it over to an outside investor to benefit. Has KT ever outlined his plans for the East stand? What and why he wants to build it and who / how those will benefit in the medium / long term?

Again people say we are lucky to have KT, I just don't see it that way, if there was no potential land grab / investment he would have been long gone - just ask Torquay. Of course hes a million times better than DC but then who isn't.

The whole situation is difficult to discuss as we don't have much information and certainly very few actual details.
With regards to the direct question above though, no of course you wouldn't just give your garden away for free. However I would give it away if it meant that I would get more in return for it.

Currently the land is sat doing nothing. IF by giving/leasing a small amount of land to either the club or to the company that KT owns you suddenly have a conference centre that people from outside of the town come to use and then stay in local hotels, eat at local restaurants buy at local shops etc then as a town and council they would make money. Or by having good hospitality maybe attract companies from local towns / districts the same can apply. Or by developing the ground allows our growth and become a championship club and start getting 10k+ fans instead of ~5k etc.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19944 on: September 28, 2017, 17:09:45 pm »

Well... With all due respect. We get back to the original point. It has fcuk all to do with you (or indeed me). It is time that you and few others checked out the level of entitlemnet you have.

You have to be barking mad not to realise that you can't do anything without planning permission. Only a total fool would give some of our supporters a clue what they are thinking. He knows very well that if he tells you what he would like to see happen, you will bang on about it being his fault if it can't happen no matter what the reason.

It has been made abundantly clear time afetr time that the hold up is not with the club. But you and a few others persistently refuse to accept that KT is not "up to something". I really do wonder what some peoples motives are. Just leave the bloke alone and let him try to do his best with the pile shyte he was left.
For someone who claimed recently  they Didn't give a @##$ about the Cobblers getting some decent infrastructure and now demand others to sit back and allow Kelvin to do the 'best he can" whatever that may be, without us being non the wiser as to the actual outcome is, regardless of its long term effect on our club be they good or bad?
It sounds to me from the above post, you might have a vested interest in all this?

Maybe when we are afforded the courtesy of what he proposes for our club we could all get on board with it, and being engaged in open and honest dialogue with the public and supporters of Northampton town he may find doors opening for him.
Having been treated like a back water banana republic by  them there london types previously he must expect us to have a bit of suspicion from his lack of clarity?
All this promise fook all and deliver very little and being non committal to avoid being questioned if nothing much happens can gtf.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #19945 on: September 28, 2017, 17:31:11 pm »

I think that's the point, he's never actually promised anything. He also isn't stupid.

Brings out loads of great designs for the east stand....council issue doesn't get sorted so he can't then do those designs and has to revert back to basic just finishing the stand. Imagine the uproar.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #19946 on: September 28, 2017, 17:42:44 pm »

For someone who claimed recently  they Didn't give a @##$ about the Cobblers getting some decent infrastructure and now demand others to sit back and allow Kelvin to do the 'best he can" whatever that may be, without us being non the wiser as to the actual outcome is, regardless of its long term effect on our club be they good or bad?
It sounds to me from the above post, you might have a vested interest in all this?

Maybe when we are afforded the courtesy of what he proposes for our club we could all get on board with it, and being engaged in open and honest dialogue with the public and supporters of Northampton town he may find doors opening for him.
Having been treated like a back water banana republic by  them there london types previously he must expect us to have a bit of suspicion from his lack of clarity?
All this promise fook all and deliver very little and being non committal to avoid being questioned if nothing much happens can gtf.

A truly pickled mind  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19947 on: September 28, 2017, 19:39:09 pm »

I think that's the point, he's never actually promised anything. He also isn't stupid.

Brings out loads of great designs for the east stand....council issue doesn't get sorted so he can't then do those designs and has to revert back to basic just finishing the stand. Imagine the uproar.
Give us basic , basic 12 boxes, bar restaurant and a basic bank of terracing .. All sustainable from increased revenues and exactly what this club needs.
Any talk of polishing that shell with £4m is nonsence and should be treated with a large amount of scepticism.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19948 on: September 29, 2017, 07:24:02 am »

Give us basic , basic 12 boxes, bar restaurant and a basic bank of terracing .. All sustainable from increased revenues and exactly what this club needs.
Any talk of polishing that shell with £4m is nonsence and should be treated with a large amount of scepticism.

You simply live in a fantasy world of virtual football club ownership where the cheque book is unlimited, there are no external authorities, the owner has no interest in making money for themselves, building a stand is the simple press of a CAD button and the costs pop up on the screen without any knowledge of the reality behind the number - be honest for once in this story and admit if KT gives us basic you will still complain about lack of ambition etc etc
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #19949 on: September 29, 2017, 09:25:27 am »

Wouldn't any uproar be directed at the council though? That being the helping hand KTs looking for in order to persuade the council to to tip him the nod.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19950 on: September 29, 2017, 09:55:44 am »

Again people say we are lucky to have KT, I just don't see it that way, if there was no potential land grab / investment he would have been long gone - just ask Torquay. Of course hes a million times better than DC but then who isn't. ,

Most of this is sheer conjecture on yr part with a touch of personal grievance thrown in. You offer no realistic facts but plenty of cynical afterthought. What is your connection with the Cobblers? Are you a fan or a mere opportunist like 'OOP NORTH' who sometimes post on here in a similar vein. Your last few comments  above seem to be the action of somebody desperate for attention- bit like an angler with bait.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19951 on: September 29, 2017, 09:56:11 am »

Well... With all due respect. We get back to the original point. It has fcuk all to do with you (or indeed me). It is time that you and few others checked out the level of entitlemnet you have.

You have to be barking mad not to realise that you can't do anything without planning permission. Only a total fool would give some of our supporters a clue what they are thinking. He knows very well that if he tells you what he would like to see happen, you will bang on about it being his fault if it can't happen no matter what the reason.

It has been made abundantly clear time afetr time that the hold up is not with the club. But you and a few others persistently refuse to accept that KT is not "up to something". I really do wonder what some peoples motives are. Just leave the bloke alone and let him try to do his best with the pile shyte he was left.

+1
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
guest3103

« Reply #19952 on: September 29, 2017, 10:59:56 am »

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19953 on: September 29, 2017, 11:54:08 am »

.....so on that basis I assume Bed's would gladly trade our place with Tranmere, Gateshead, Halifax, Stockport or Wrexham

Sorry boys bigger is not always better & despite what they tell you the vacuum penis development method doesn't work - rarely a quick fix for anything in life
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: September 29, 2017, 12:01:34 pm »

You simply live in a fantasy world of virtual football club ownership where the cheque book is unlimited, there are no external authorities, the owner has no interest in making money for themselves, building a stand is the simple press of a CAD button and the costs pop up on the screen without any knowledge of the reality behind the number - be honest for once in this story and admit if KT gives us basic you will still complain about lack of ambition etc etc
'lll take basic and sustainable with the  clubs supporters and towns folk on board any day over Kelvins belittling tactics to avoid the real issues...
We have such a loyal band of fans and a huge catchmentment ripe to tap into so him saying we dont need extra capacity at this time has shown to me he is out of touch with what our club needs and this latest attack on our council because he didn't get what he wants, whatever that maybe shows we need to get him on side with what our club is all about.
I lost some faith in him to do right by us but would welcome a an honest and open no stone unturned discussion with our supporters trust as to what it is he actully proposes and is it actully what our club needs if not some guidance on what it is we require.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19955 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:39 pm »

So should not the full force of your rhetoric be directed to the trust then? - reality is, KT has no obligation to you as an individual but the trust is the official representation of the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: September 29, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »

.....so on that basis I assume Bed's would gladly trade our place with Tranmere, Gateshead, Halifax, Stockport or Wrexham

Sorry boys bigger is not always better & despite what they tell you the vacuum **** development method doesn't work - rarely a quick fix for anything in life
4 of those have huge clubs on their door steps and wrexham is a small place but will soon return to the league.
We have no such competition and should be doing a lot better so no I would not want to trade places with any of those, we have so much more going for us if we just sort out our infrastructure allowing us steady and sustainable growth...
Look at that list again and put us with the 2 dozen similar sized cities that have got the acts together and not the unfortunate despots that have fallen from grace.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: September 29, 2017, 12:13:22 pm »

So should not the full force of your rhetoric be directed to the trust then? - reality is, KT has no obligation to you as an individual but the trust is the official representation of the supporters.
Fair play to the ntfc supporters trust, they are asking the questions and good luck to them.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19958 on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »

Fair play to the ntfc supporters trust, they are asking the questions and good luck to them.

So we can expect a little patience on your side then as the appointed spokes body for the supporters ask their questions?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #19959 on: September 29, 2017, 12:48:53 pm »

You can spin the league by capacity chart any way you want.

For example...
Coventry have a premier league size ground but are in L2. 'Proof' that a bigger ground doesnt equal success

MK Dons should be top of the Championship but have a soulless stadium that is on average only 1/3 full. 'Proof' that build it and they will come doesn't work

Bournemouth should be getting relegated from League 1 but are in the Premier League. 'Proof' that you don't need a huge ground to be successful
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 ... 2197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: