The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:29:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822647 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #19980 on: October 02, 2017, 09:24:17 am »

So who doesn't think it needs "major surgery"Huh?

It is as you imply - no one disagrees - it's just some people make a lot of noise and "good advice" with someone else's cheque book.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19981 on: October 02, 2017, 10:18:51 am »

It is as you imply - no one disagrees - it's just some people make a lot of noise and "good advice" with someone else's cheque book.
The cheque books of the 6/7000 plus regulars is more than enough to give us some increase in capacity in which to build up our club, investment  that would be affordable and sustainable,  we cant live in hope that the likes of Thomas is going to organise a working plan, but maybe pressure from the trust and council could force him to reconsider his zero growth strategy  because we now have the upper hand at the negotiating table..Lets put the Cobblers first and use it wisely.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19982 on: October 02, 2017, 11:09:42 am »

The cheque books of the 6/7000 plus regulars is more than enough to give us some increase in capacity in which to build up our club, investment  that would be affordable and sustainable.........

I think this is the point many disagree with you - I'm no football club economist but even a peripheral look at the wage bill (players and backroom staff), transfer fees in and out, settlement costs for managerial failures and all the other costs of running a business (which the vast majority who do so make a loss), would suggest you are wrong and additional outside investment is required.

We all know you want the best for the club - as I believe 95% of the folk on here do and fan mobilization can be a powerful force but regrettably only in conjunction with additional outside investment.

I know you disagree but your relentless criticism of KT and, (in my opinion unrealistic) financial assessments means your arguments sound practically hollow & somewhat repetitive. 
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #19983 on: October 02, 2017, 12:08:25 pm »

The cheque books of the 6/7000 plus regulars is more than enough to give us some increase in capacity in which to build up our club, investment  that would be affordable and sustainable,  we cant live in hope that the likes of Thomas is going to organise a working plan, but maybe pressure from the trust and council could force him to reconsider his zero growth strategy  because we now have the upper hand at the negotiating table..Lets put the Cobblers first and use it wisely.

As people have defended the commonsense perspective more, you pathological dislike for KT has grown more.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19984 on: October 02, 2017, 12:20:46 pm »

As people have defended the commonsense perspective more, you pathological dislike for KT has grown more.

There are a couple more you could add tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19985 on: October 02, 2017, 14:14:11 pm »

I dont have any reservations about KT, he has a job to do and thats to get the maximum profits from the least outlay for him and his fellow investors, thats how it works, but that doesn't mean we, the clubs supporters  have to again sit back and just suck it up if we think our club could be served a bad deal in the absence of any information in regards to the clubs outcome of all this so  if there's a slim chance that we could negotiate the best deal while we have some enabling and promised investment, then why not.
Its nothing to do with a pathological dislike of anyone so if you look past your undying love for Kelvin you may see that our club deserves a break after these past 50 years of struggle.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19986 on: October 02, 2017, 15:11:51 pm »

I dont have any reservations about KT, he has a job to do and thats to get the maximum profits from the least outlay for him and his fellow investors, thats how it works,

....you see this is where you lose your credibility - firstly you make sweeping statement about an individual (KT) based on your opinion rather than actual knowledge.

I'm sure as a business he does want to make some money but also, and possibly surprising for someone as terminally cynical as you, many directors and owners of football clubs actually do it for the ego aspect and ultimately end up losing money and of course having to listen to the nasty vitriol from supporters such as yourself.

Secondly, you insult other posters by describing more mature degree of patience and trust as a "love in" for the man. Knowing many of those posters (and often disagreeing with them on other issues) I can also confirm they are not blind trusting fools and are not so shortsighted as to tar KT with the same brush as DC.

I know this is a fruitless argument because you are clearly not going to change your approach - your dark suspicions may even be correct but the reality is your keyboard strokes are a waste of calories because they will make not one iota of difference to the outcome.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19987 on: October 02, 2017, 19:21:36 pm »

....you see this is where you lose your credibility - firstly you make sweeping statement about an individual (KT) based on your opinion rather than actual knowledge.

I'm sure as a business he does want to make some money but also, and possibly surprising for someone as terminally cynical as you, many directors and owners of football clubs actually do it for the ego aspect and ultimately end up losing money and of course having to listen to the nasty vitriol from supporters such as yourself.

Secondly, you insult other posters by describing more mature degree of patience and trust as a "love in" for the man. Knowing many of those posters (and often disagreeing with them on other issues) I can also confirm they are not blind trusting fools and are not so shortsighted as to tar KT with the same brush as DC.

I know this is a fruitless argument because you are clearly not going to change your approach - your dark suspicions may even be correct but the reality is your keyboard strokes are a waste of calories because they will make not one iota of difference to the outcome.
Firstly I haven't insulted anyone so lets not get precious about what you read on this long running thread which chronicles our desperate plight to gain some decent infrastructure.
 This has been running nearly a decade and despite the title, we are no where near having a redevelopment closer than ever, but you suggest we should show patience with the present incumbent who has for near 2 long years failed to tell the clubs supporters what he has in store for us!
Im beginning to think that, and I wouldnt blame him if he did, with the adulation shown to him thats usually reserved for boy band members or film stars has given him the impression that we're all dungeree wearing, toothless banjo playing hillbillies that any decent redevelopment would be wasted on!

Patience? How about some clarity first?

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #19988 on: October 02, 2017, 20:16:30 pm »

........this long running thread which chronicles our desperate plight

Seriously you need to get a somewhat broader perspective on life and perhaps look at some world news if you regard this as a desperate plight
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #19989 on: October 02, 2017, 20:29:08 pm »

Firstly I haven't insulted anyone so lets not get precious about what you read on this long running thread which chronicles our desperate plight to gain some decent infrastructure.
 This has been running nearly a decade and despite the title, we are no where near having a redevelopment closer than ever, but you suggest we should show patience with the present incumbent who has for near 2 long years failed to tell the clubs supporters what he has in store for us!
Im beginning to think that, and I wouldnt blame him if he did, with the adulation shown to him thats usually reserved for boy band members or film stars has given him the impression that we're all dungeree wearing, toothless banjo playing hillbillies that any decent redevelopment would be wasted on!

Patience? How about some clarity first?

FFS how many effing times do you have to be told that there can be no decisions on what is to be done with the ground until such time as the wánkers at the council get off their árses and do something to bring all open issues to a close. What do you want, a design including artists impressions and a model on display in the market square only to be told it can't be done because of the legacy of the twát who was in charge before?
You have no other fúcking option but to be patient.
And don't bring out you shít about sustainable growth with figures you have plucked out of thin air.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19990 on: October 03, 2017, 05:52:24 am »

So we now need wait a bit longer until we see how much of the Sixfields footprint the council gifts these Directors in order for us to know how much they will generously  hand over from their good fortune for the use of fitting out the east stand shell with a dozen boxes bar and restaurant?  £1.5m?

I need to go and lie down to contain my excitement.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19991 on: October 03, 2017, 10:32:25 am »

I dont have any reservations about KT, he has a job to do and thats to get the maximum profits from the least outlay for him and his fellow investors, thats how it works, but that doesn't mean we, the clubs supporters  have to again sit back and just suck it up if we think our club could be served a bad deal in the absence of any information in regards to the clubs outcome of all this so  if there's a slim chance that we could negotiate the best deal while we have some enabling and promised investment, then why not.
Its nothing to do with a pathological dislike of anyone so if you look past your undying love for Kelvin you may see that our club deserves a break after these past 50 years of struggle.

You have never once tried to view this from a logical perspective. So answer me these questions.

You know, because you have been told hundreds of times that the land right from the rear of the current East stand structure is subject to an clear legal wrangle. This information is the public domain. At this point the club has no knowledge of what amount/size/shape piece of land they will have to work with at the end of that dispute. You also know that any redevelopment has to see the East stand completed first.

So rather than relying on childish inferences and petty insults, tell me what you would do if you was KT? As simple as that.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #19992 on: October 03, 2017, 10:55:25 am »

Theres a legal wrangle alright. Not sure it's clear.
Is there any point in finishing the stand anyway. The moment we hit Championship or Prem football it's pretty much obsolete. There are stands in non league better than it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #19993 on: October 03, 2017, 11:00:06 am »

So rather than relying on childish inferences and petty insults, tell me what you would do if you was KT? As simple as that.

Can we all have a go please Tel?

Make some in-depth feasibility studies based on the objectives of the proposed development you wish for. Possibly have some basic first draft plans made up and designs to give some idea of costs and so on, based on what you are hoping for, they will have some preferred outcome. This would be absolutely confidential of course, then...

Wait for the fucking council.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19994 on: October 03, 2017, 11:38:24 am »

You have never once tried to view this from a logical perspective. So answer me these questions.

You know, because you have been told hundreds of times that the land right from the rear of the current East stand structure is subject to an clear legal wrangle. This information is the public domain. At this point the club has no knowledge of what amount/size/shape piece of land they will have to work with at the end of that dispute. You also know that any redevelopment has to see the East stand completed first.

The council have given the go ahead to fit out the east stand albeit not handed over the enabling lands, I get that but knowing we have been hung out to dry in  recent times, surely he doesn't expect our club to just continue to rot on the vine while he waits his wind fall?
Could he use some of his promised £4m to do a basic make over to include boxes bar and restaurant, spend £1.5m and recover the monies when he gets the land?
Could he finance a basic bank of terracing from future season tickets sales meaning he doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket and use the land st a later date?
He got in some Chinese investment, well how about they start to invest in our infrastructure? If not seek some that will.
Lets not forget Cardoza strung the arse out of trying to get the land, for over 12 years and we waited like idiots for absolutely nothing so now we have moved on to KT but its now 14 years and still we're hearing the same old same.
Maybe he needs to look at a different approach one which most importantly involves working with all the clubs supporters as opposed to flying solo and come up with a more workable affordable and sustainable development of the ground, be it basically fitting out the east or a much needed bank of terracing?
When the council sees that we have a pro active management and not just money grabbers they may be more accomodating with our clubs enabling land for the greater good of our club.
Hope that answers your questions.
Simple as frig, but the most workable solutions usually are, its the overtly  complicated nonsence that never sees the light of day.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19995 on: October 03, 2017, 13:04:15 pm »

Please stop!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: October 03, 2017, 13:07:57 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Gew on Davey boy. They’re desperate to bite.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19997 on: October 03, 2017, 13:11:12 pm »

The council have given the go ahead to fit out the east stand albeit not handed over the enabling lands, I get that but knowing we have been hung out to dry in  recent times, surely he doesn't expect our club to just continue to rot on the vine while he waits his wind fall?
Could he use some of his promised £4m to do a basic make over to include boxes bar and restaurant, spend £1.5m and recover the monies when he gets the land?
Could he finance a basic bank of terracing from future season tickets sales meaning he doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket and use the land st a later date?
He got in some Chinese investment, well how about they start to invest in our infrastructure? If not seek some that will.
Lets not forget Cardoza strung the arse out of trying to get the land, for over 12 years and we waited like idiots for absolutely nothing so now we have moved on to KT but its now 14 years and still we're hearing the same old same.
Maybe he needs to look at a different approach one which most importantly involves working with all the clubs supporters as opposed to flying solo and come up with a more workable affordable and sustainable development of the ground, be it basically fitting out the east or a much needed bank of terracing?
When the council sees that we have a pro active management and not just money grabbers they may be more accomodating with our clubs enabling land for the greater good of our club.
Hope that answers your questions.
Simple as frig, but the most workable solutions usually are, its the overtly  complicated nonsence that never sees the light of day.

You're an idiot...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19998 on: October 03, 2017, 13:55:31 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Gew on Davey boy. They’re desperate to bite.  Grin

If it was as simple as that i'd agree. But i'm starting to think he really doesn't get it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 14:35:22 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19999 on: October 03, 2017, 15:05:11 pm »

With regards the legal wrangle:I thought we were initially told two identical leases had been issued for the same parcel of land, one held by NTFC and the other by legal administrators for CDNL who were being liquidated (and it was this winding up order holding up any alterations regarding the lease), or have I got this wrong?
I hope I have it wrong, because I believe CDNL now falls under the Bower/Thomas umbrella, and so there shouldn't be any problems sorting this/these leases.

As for NBC, they have rarely been run up to scratch - irregardless of which party holds sway. But I can sort of understand why nobody on the council is rushing to be the one signing off on anything 'Sixfields'. Given that not so long back Kelvin was 'hopeful work will be underway by mid-season', then obviously the plans for completion are in place. I'd be inclined to now place those in the public arena, because if it looks like a decent build, and it is self-funded, then that gives scope for applying added pressure on the council.
I appreciate the leaking of the letter last week, but it is difficult for fans to throw their support behind something without knowing what we are getting.

ETA: Beds, it is also difficult to support your continuing assault on those running us. Who knows, you may well end up being proven right, and there is no harm in being a little skeptical. Hell, i'm yet to be totally convinced by the 'They're only here for the education' basis for a takeover. But, you've put you're thoughts out there time-after-time-after-time, and we are all painfully aware of your views. Just keeping on saying it isn't going to change anything, mate. If you posted about the redevelopment (decorating?) less regularly, and with a more balanced input, then I'm guessing you'd take less flak.   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 15:14:52 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: