The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:15:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822178 times)
Manwork04, DustonCobbler and 64 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20300 on: November 02, 2017, 14:25:59 pm »

Re Local businessmen ?  Think you will find that David Jackson has achieved far greater business success and impact on Northampton than KT. But yet again people are happy for some random stranger to come in and he become God over all of Northampton despite the fact that he is here solely for short term return on his investment.

I rallied for the Trust to gain control of the club but they were sidetracked by well known local fan into focusing on setting up a new club and playing on the racecourse.!

If they had taken over my idea would have be to sell some of the shares to outside investors whilst retaining an amount of shares to at least give them some sort of say / voting rights.

But no someone who talks a good game, paints a fence and knocks a hole in the loo's is the best thing since ....

At the end of the day I said at the York away game that KT would not develop the East stand, I was right about the last Chairman, I really don't think I am that far wrong about this one either.

Also be interesting to know how often KT is in Northampton now compared to before the Chinese involvement. Has he achieved his objectives re ROI and now waiting to get extra land of NTFC before spending the promised £3m +

Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20301 on: November 02, 2017, 15:27:09 pm »

Random- If you are so right why have you (or other investors) not done it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #20302 on: November 02, 2017, 15:28:00 pm »

I rallied for the Trust to gain control of the club but they were sidetracked by well known local fan into focusing on setting up a new club and playing on the racecourse.!
I would be interested to know about this, as Chair of the Trust, it's news to me.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20303 on: November 02, 2017, 15:28:45 pm »

God forbid the Trust ever get control of the club!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20304 on: November 02, 2017, 15:42:59 pm »

What you should say, is God help whoever takes control of the club.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20305 on: November 02, 2017, 16:29:11 pm »

Hi Roger, sure you were at the meeting  Grin   when lots of talk of starting a Phoenix Club, on Welly Road ? 

I said that NBC would not let our club die and we should be taking the bull by the horns and that we (The Trust / supporters) have an opportunity to shape the future of our club

Sorry Roger but it is a shame more Trust members don't take more of an interest in this thread other than to post defensive messages.

This thread is the most important one to the short / medium / long term future of NTFC and is the one that will shape our club in the next 10 years

The Trust as our most loyal and important supporters (after the casual / not that bothered fan) IMHO should be loud and proud on this thread.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20306 on: November 02, 2017, 16:35:26 pm »

Yes of course would be much better to have someone who has never been to Northampton, perhaps never even been to a football match to run our club rather than those that give up their time raise money, running coaches, following NTFC all over the Country, host forums etc etc

What people don't seem to realise is that had the Trust gained control they would have brought people in who could do a job. The Trust would have developed and changed in its personel and roles etc.

Yes I am quite critical of the Trust both during DC and now with KT but I expect they know better than me that you are just wasting your time try to improve NTFC as most fans don't want or deserve a better club.

Looking forward to meeting you at this meeting with KT !
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20307 on: November 02, 2017, 17:20:23 pm »

Interesting comments there Random.
When you say the Trust are the most loyal fans, where does that put supporters who are not members??
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest48

« Reply #20308 on: November 02, 2017, 17:27:44 pm »

Hi Roger, sure you were at the meeting  Grin   when lots of talk of starting a Phoenix Club, on Welly Road ? 

I said that NBC would not let our club die and we should be taking the bull by the horns and that we (The Trust / supporters) have an opportunity to shape the future of our club

Sorry Roger but it is a shame more Trust members don't take more of an interest in this thread other than to post defensive messages.

This thread is the most important one to the short / medium / long term future of NTFC and is the one that will shape our club in the next 10 years

The Trust as our most loyal and important supporters (after the casual / not that bothered fan) IMHO should be loud and proud on this thread.
Derek, I honestly don't remember a meeting on the Welly Rd about forming a phoenix club. A phoenix club was mentioned several times BUT it would have been the last resort, after all else had failed and NTFC were wound up
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20309 on: November 02, 2017, 19:07:55 pm »

Hi Tcobb,  behind them  Grin

The board of the Trust spend a lot of their own time raising funds that directly benefits both NTFC and it's supporters. They think more about all the issues with NTFC and put themselves out there to be shot at.

Personally I think the Trust should be more active, vocal and diverse, especially now they are not in the Chairman's pocket or boardroom  Grin

The most important fans / supporters / customers are the ones that don't even go !!  For they are the ones that would grow our club. Season ticket holders etc are low down on the list, with those that go most away games even lower down.

Mind you in 2017 everyone should be treated as equal so everyone is the same, is that better?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20310 on: November 02, 2017, 19:11:32 pm »

Roger, it wasnt a meeting about forming a new club but a crisis meeting re DC and the VAT man etc. A certain new board member was very focused on the possibility of a phoenix club and insisting that is what the Trust should be preparing for.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20311 on: November 02, 2017, 20:44:04 pm »

Out of interest, whats the trusts stance on forcing Northampton borough council to unconditionally hand over vast parcels of land and leases to Northampton ventures Ltd?
Personally I hope they dont get a single blade of grass and we avoid losing it to save it for the full benefit of our club.
  whats the general consensus, the trusts or our support base?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 20:46:37 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20312 on: November 02, 2017, 21:25:50 pm »

Old article but good timeline and summary. It could be early days of the next saga.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-northamptonshire-36342097

When new companies are set up, directors join, leave and there is a lack of transparency, something is usually complicated and wouldn't be popular if out in the open. Not that anyone outside of the Cobblers bubble is interested but it would make a good drama.
Maybe the Chinese contingent want to build a big school?  Tongue

I'd hand over any unused land behind the East stand and see what happens.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20313 on: November 02, 2017, 22:04:11 pm »

What people don't seem to realise is that had the Trust gained control they would have brought people in who could do a job. The Trust would have developed and changed in its personel and roles etc.

Well intentioned, love of the club, running coaches and raising modest funds - fantastic loyalty (& I know you have done more than your fair share) - but in reality it never has and never do more than sustain a professional football club - there are no examples and every example of a successful club involves a dance with the devil.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #20314 on: November 03, 2017, 00:05:58 am »

Well intentioned, love of the club, running coaches and raising modest funds - fantastic loyalty (& I know you have done more than your fair share) - but in reality it never has and never do more than sustain a professional football club - there are no examples and every example of a successful club involves a dance with the devil.
Wimbledon, Exeter, Wycombe & Portsmouth ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20315 on: November 03, 2017, 05:40:05 am »

Yes of course would be much better to have someone who has never been to Northampton, perhaps never even been to a football match to run our club rather than those that give up their time raise money, running coaches, following NTFC all over the Country, host forums etc etc

Yes I am quite critical of the Trust both during DC and now with KT but I expect they know better than me that you are just wasting your time try to improve NTFC as most fans don't want or deserve a better club.

Looking forward to meeting you at this meeting with KT !

Valid and well reasoned.

The Trust in its current state, no way. That's not a slight on the Trust, just that they aren't equipped to run a football club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20316 on: November 03, 2017, 06:21:15 am »

Wimbledon, Exeter, Wycombe & Portsmouth ?

..... which proves my point although Portsmouth are now dancing with the aforementioned devil and likely to progress beyond the mediocrity all the mentioned including us reside in.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20317 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:09 am »

Re Local businessmen ?  Think you will find that David Jackson has achieved far greater business success and impact on Northampton than KT. But yet again people are happy for some random stranger to come in and he become God over all of Northampton despite the fact that he is here solely for short term return on his investment.

If they had taken over my idea would have be to sell some of the shares to outside investors whilst retaining an amount of shares to at least give them some sort of say / voting rights.

But no someone who talks a good game, paints a fence and knocks a hole in the loo's is the best thing since ....

At the end of the day I said at the York away game that KT would not develop the East stand, I was right about the last Chairman, I really don't think I am that far wrong about this one either.

Also be interesting to know how often KT is in Northampton now compared to before the Chinese involvement. Has he achieved his objectives re ROI and now waiting to get extra land of NTFC before spending the promised £3m +

Re local businessmen -
Let me assure you that there was nowhere near enough money in that consortium to carry us forward, regardless of what dubious “facts” you bring up about dubious individuals .
KT and his consortium are businessmen. They are in to make some money otherwise they wouldn’t be here . And by the way , neither would we be either .
The question surrounds the Chinese . I still have absolutely no idea why they gave us £7 mill !
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20318 on: November 03, 2017, 07:45:15 am »

Clubs who are open and have closer ties with fans and local populations are more likely to benefit from greater interest from the towns and cities they represent.
Our club seems to be perpetually  held back as a way to a means at getting land and leases for outside investors, that is a massive turn off for our town and is very unlikely to attract any new support base.
Basically we need our club back.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20319 on: November 03, 2017, 07:50:10 am »

..... which proves my point although Portsmouth are now dancing with the aforementioned devil and likely to progress beyond the mediocrity all the mentioned including us reside in.
Nothing mediocre about league 1, as long as you are competitive and competing to the best of your capabilities with everything you have.. Which we cant do at tiny Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: