The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:03:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845379 times)
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20420 on: November 06, 2017, 16:58:12 pm »

What about your levels then 12th?   You think that Sixfields has not held us back? That it's capacity serves us well as we don't often sell out?

Which cinema do you use?  Do you go there and sit in the very front row?

Tell you what everyone who says that 'we don't sell out, so don't need a bigger ground' brigade,  how about at the next home game, go and sit away from your mates and try the front row or two into the corners of the West stand. Cos thats what you are expecting the casual fan to do.

As the East stand doesn't have a roof, the better seats at Sixfield sell out every single game, every single season. Unless you are hospitality you cannot get in the Upper Row middle of the East, not even towards the back of the lower tier.

How you and other's cannot see that is unbelievable

I agree fully.  I’ve tried to argue this in the past.  I don’t have a season ticket due to shift work and I’ve regularly decided not to attend games in the past as I couldn’t get a decent seat.  The cinema analogy is spot on again I would choose a different screening based on lack of decent seats.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20421 on: November 06, 2017, 17:19:01 pm »

Be interesting to see how you get on with the Marquis with your argument and/or Tel for that matter. I don't think your argument such as it is makes an awful lot of sense.

Explain why it doesn't make sense, Evers. Go on?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20422 on: November 06, 2017, 18:48:55 pm »

Makes perfect sense to me.  In fact it's spot on.

Look at the average home attendances in our division.  The top four are Bradford, Portsmouth, Charlton and Blackburn.  No surprise there as they are are all traditional big clubs....  but who do you think is 5th ? Plymouth? Oxford? Wigan? No!

Ahead of them and averaging over 9,000 is MK Dons.  How come? The population of Milton Keynes is about the same as Northampton.  They aren't having a great season.  They have no long-standing lifelong supporters like us.  They have no history.  So what is the reason they are getting higher attendances than Plymouth, Peterborough, Wigan, Bristol et al.  It's is all down to the stadium.  Build it and they WILL come!

Rarely have I read such codswallop .
MK Dons attendances are supplemented by a whole host of giveaways and vast reduction in pricing in an attempt to part fill their stadium and avoid complete embarrassment .
Their attendance figures are a farce .
Furthermore , the level of financial support they had to build that stadium Was bordering On the insane
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20423 on: November 06, 2017, 19:24:47 pm »

Although it's a fair point I'm not sure how many not getting a 'decent' seat are put off. It's hardly in the gods like at St James Park or Old Trafford. If anything the increased match day price might if not bought in advance. £24 for the average Sixfields experience is pushing it and nearing extortion for a family trip out. Maybe a bigger ground would allow the Bradford/MK deals to pull them in. There is that point though where the cost doesn't matter, i.e open the gates for free tomorrow and we'd probably see 4-5k turn up if we were lucky.

I always sit level with the 18 yard box at the back of the lower tier, then switch at half time depending the way we are kicking. Then watch the ball at the other end.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #20424 on: November 06, 2017, 20:53:22 pm »

Rarely have I read such codswallop .
MK Dons attendances are supplemented by a whole host of giveaways and vast reduction in pricing in an attempt to part fill their stadium and avoid complete embarrassment .
Their attendance figures are a farce .
Furthermore , the level of financial support they had to build that stadium Was bordering On the insane

What?Huh? What possible 'giveaways and reductions' do you think could entice thousands of supporters to a match they wouldn't otherwise be bothered with?  There is nothing farcical about 9,000+ regular supporters. And do you think a single one of them cares about where the money came from? 
Those 'farcical' 9000 supporters as you call them will become a 'ludicrous' 15-20,000 when they get into the championship, then a 'laughable' 25,000 if/when they make the premier league.  Why? Because they have a stadium that will facilitate the growth and attract better quality players.  Getting green eyed and belittling it all really won't make you feel any better...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20425 on: November 06, 2017, 22:30:20 pm »

Makes perfect sense to me.  In fact it's spot on.

Look at the average home attendances in our division.  The top four are Bradford, Portsmouth, Charlton and Blackburn.  No surprise there as they are are all traditional big clubs....  but who do you think is 5th ? Plymouth? Oxford? Wigan? No!

Ahead of them and averaging over 9,000 is MK Dons.  How come? The population of Milton Keynes is about the same as Northampton.  They aren't having a great season.  They have no long-standing lifelong supporters like us.  They have no history.  So what is the reason they are getting higher attendances than Plymouth, Peterborough, Wigan, Bristol et al.  It's is all down to the stadium.  Build it and they WILL come!

Bradford have some sort of arrangement which ensures decent attendances - perhaps some on here can clarify. Quoting the other three is pointless as you point they are genuine ex Premier Clubs. To prick your argument Plymouth and Wigan have decent grounds. Even Oxford have a reasonable ground in comparison to ours. Strangely enough Oxfords support this season seems to have declined. I see no merit in your claim of "Build it and they will come" - you have no real proof and using MK as a shining example of your argument is flawed.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #20426 on: November 06, 2017, 22:56:58 pm »

What?Huh? What possible 'giveaways and reductions' do you think could entice thousands of supporters to a match they wouldn't otherwise be bothered with?  There is nothing farcical about 9,000+ regular supporters. And do you think a single one of them cares about where the money came from? 
Those 'farcical' 9000 supporters as you call them will become a 'ludicrous' 15-20,000 when they get into the championship, then a 'laughable' 25,000 if/when they make the premier league.  Why? Because they have a stadium that will facilitate the growth and attract better quality players.  Getting green eyed and belittling it all really won't make you feel any better...

I do agree to stimulate growth you do need a ground with facilities and that is big enough to do it.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20427 on: November 06, 2017, 23:31:50 pm »

Furthermore your put down on Boot and Shoe is not entirely correct.  MK av attendance is boosted by away support. This has misled you to assume MK av attendance is over 9000. Why didn't you investigate MK averages against sides without large away support like Walsall where the attendance was under 8000. Even against the Cobblers their local attendance was less than 9000. B&S is correct in his assertion that some of their support is subsidized - its a well known fact. Pretty sure that Cobblers fans from MK will confirm this.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #20428 on: November 06, 2017, 23:57:02 pm »

No one really has any clue how many dons tickets are subsidised, or competition tickets etc but the fact is they have a bigger regular following than we do now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20429 on: November 07, 2017, 03:03:51 am »

Why would you not go because you can't get a decent seat??? It's Cobblers.

Some of our fans are mental.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20430 on: November 07, 2017, 07:39:22 am »

You spectacularly miss the point .
MK Dons give away many tickets to schools and businesses just to boost figures .
I have ran businesses in MK and they constantly give tickets for free .
Nothing wrong with that , but their attendances are “false”.
You can not compare Northampton with MK Dons or any other football club .
They are in a very privileged position with the amount of state and private support they had .
They will be the next Rushden and Diamonds once Winkleman goes .
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20431 on: November 07, 2017, 08:12:52 am »

Whilst Sixfields undoubtedly too small and lacking in atmosphere - having overcome the initial "great stadium" feel on entry - the miserable atmosphere of less than half filled stadia like Darlington, Wigan and our friends from Milton Keynes is truly depressing - interesting how some of the loudest voices on the "Sixfields is s***e" subject nostalgically mention the county ground - agreed better atmosphere but if you really want an example of poor facilities holding a club back that is the perfect case.

FFS we would all like a bigger and better ground - and indeed a better team but hot air from the same voices doesn't and hasn't made one iota of difference - sure if the owner is making fraudulent actions fan action may eventually out him - but he's not is he? & other than keyboard economics I've not seen a single realizable action plan. 
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #20432 on: November 07, 2017, 08:18:41 am »

Whilst Sixfields undoubtedly too small and lacking in atmosphere - having overcome the initial "great stadium" feel on entry - the miserable atmosphere of less than half filled stadia like Darlington, Wigan and our friends from Milton Keynes is truly depressing - interesting how some of the loudest voices on the "Sixfields is s***e" subject nostalgically mention the county ground - agreed better atmosphere but if you really want an example of poor facilities holding a club back that is the perfect case.

FFS we would all like a bigger and better ground - and indeed a better team but hot air from the same voices doesn't and hasn't made one iota of difference - sure if the owner is making fraudulent actions fan action may eventually out him - but he's not is he? & other than keyboard economics I've not seen a single realizable action plan. 

How very dare you come here with your common sense.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #20433 on: November 07, 2017, 08:32:12 am »

so as long as our owner is not a criminal everything is fine then Cobblerwatch.

Some of us want an owner who is prepared to take us forward, that believes that Northampton can support Championship football and will actively pursue that.

KT is not currently doing this on or off the field, another Chairman treading water waiting for NBC to give him free land. Standing still is going backwards in football, the more I think about it, the worse a job I feel that KT has done. He basically got the deal of the century, paid £200k for the club, cancelled a £10m debt from NBC, had the best management team in 30 years plus and a team, with very little money romped away with the league by 13 points. Gained great love from fans with smiles and knocking a hole in the bogs.

What has happened since then?  Sold our best player in 30 years for £500k +(undeclared), employed 2 boring, crap safe managers and we are struggling to stay in the league again. Off the field he is now blaming NBC and wanting the fans to help him. There are a few very basic improvements that have been done on a very basic short term level but no major changes or improvements.

Personally I know i am harsh on KT but I wanted a change from 10 years of the same from DC, KT seems to be following very much on what DC was all about, little improvement and no long term ambition other than help from NBC for development. No to little improvement has been made to the other 3 stands, a clear indication that KT has no plans for our football club
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20434 on: November 07, 2017, 08:38:20 am »

also Cobblerwatch, that hot air from the same voices saved our football club matey

If it wasn't for some of us, The Trust would not have started the we want answers campaign that outed DC.

WE are a club / town worth investing in, we took 44,000 to Wembley, thats all you need to know about potential. Let alone 7000+ to MK
no other small club can boasts anywhere near those numbers.

Until we have a Chairman that is driving us forward we will remain stagnated, just like Sixfields.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20435 on: November 07, 2017, 08:43:57 am »

so as long as our owner is not a criminal everything is fine then Cobblerwatch.

Some of us want an owner who is prepared to take us forward, that believes that Northampton can support Championship football and will actively pursue that.

KT is not currently doing this on or off the field, another Chairman treading water waiting for NBC to give him free land. Standing still is going backwards in football, the more I think about it, the worse a job I feel that KT has done. He basically got the deal of the century, paid £200k for the club, cancelled a £10m debt from NBC, had the best management team in 30 years plus and a team, with very little money romped away with the league by 13 points. Gained great love from fans with smiles and knocking a hole in the bogs.

What has happened since then?  Sold our best player in 30 years for £500k +(undeclared), employed 2 boring, crap safe managers and we are struggling to stay in the league again. Off the field he is now blaming NBC and wanting the fans to help him. There are a few very basic improvements that have been done on a very basic short term level but no major changes or improvements.

Personally I know i am harsh on KT but I wanted a change from 10 years of the same from DC, KT seems to be following very much on what DC was all about, little improvement and no long term ambition other than help from NBC for development. No to little improvement has been made to the other 3 stands, a clear indication that KT has no plans for our football club

AND YOUR ALTERNATIVE IS?

They are not queueing up to put money into NTFC!
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: November 07, 2017, 09:03:10 am »

Bradford have some sort of arrangement which ensures decent attendances - perhaps some on here can clarify. Quoting the other three is pointless as you point they are genuine ex Premier Clubs. To prick your argument Plymouth and Wigan have decent grounds. Even Oxford have a reasonable ground in comparison to ours. Strangely enough Oxfords support this season seems to have declined. I see no merit in your claim of "Build it and they will come" - you have no real proof and using MK as a shining example of your argument is flawed.

Furthermore your put down on Boot and Shoe is not entirely correct.  MK av attendance is boosted by away support. This has misled you to assume MK av attendance is over 9000. Why didn't you investigate MK averages against sides without large away support like Walsall where the attendance was under 8000. Even against the Cobblers their local attendance was less than 9000. B&S is correct in his assertion that some of their support is subsidized - its a well known fact. Pretty sure that Cobblers fans from MK will confirm this.

You’re just supporting my point.  Wigan & Plymouth do have reasonable capacity (although still a lot less than MK Dons), and that is why their attendances are circa 8,800 (7th & 8th) in the division (despite Plymouth being bottom).  Oxford as you say have an OK capacity coupled with an OK average attendance of 7300.  The fact is that in general, average attendances are in direct proportion to stadium capacity, with most of everything else being mitigating.

As for away fans, again you support my point.  The average attendance of EVERY team in the division includes away support, which is also boosted by the stadium capacity (I am comparing apples with apples here)….  It is BECAUSE of their stadium capacity we were able to take over 2,500 fans in September, whereas it is BECAUSE of our stadium capacity we will not be able to return the favour for the return fixture.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: November 07, 2017, 09:23:01 am »

You spectacularly miss the point .
MK Dons give away many tickets to schools and businesses just to boost figures .
I have ran businesses in MK and they constantly give tickets for free .
Nothing wrong with that , but their attendances are “false”.
You can not compare Northampton with MK Dons or any other football club .
They are in a very privileged position with the amount of state and private support they had .
They will be the next Rushden and Diamonds once Winkleman goes .

It is you who is spectacularly missing the point.  Or rather, in the words of General Melchett 'if all else fails, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through'.
ALL clubs, including ours give away tickets to boost attendances - an entire portion of the east stand are giveaways and promotions.  It no more makes MK's attendance 'false' as you put it, than it does ours. 
Perhaps you're now thinking, 'ah, but they do it on a bigger scale' - which may or may not be true; but that is one of the ways that virtually all football clubs grow their fan base.  The only thing that is measurable are actual attendance figures. They average 9062 and no amount of denial will alter that...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:27:40 am by Buster » Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #20438 on: November 07, 2017, 09:26:38 am »

Unless Milton Keynes get £50m from somewhere they won't be getting anywhere near the PL anytime soon.

They simply don't have the cash to establish themselves in the Championship never mind challenge for the PL.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: November 07, 2017, 10:47:53 am »

Quick point. If the East gets finished it'll still be inadequate. It was and never should have been allowed as as an  insufficient makeweight for such a hefty enabling deal.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: