The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 10:27:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816783 times)
guest3114

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20880 on: March 03, 2018, 18:37:03 pm »

Desperate to show you've  not been rattled you start throwing in what you constitute as humour? Ski slope in west stand and lederhosen..stop it now my sides hurt...
I thought you were bowing out of this tread?
Send my regards to Thomas when you face time him next😗 😂😂
What do you mean humour, they were equally as realistic as your proposals? KT thought so, coincidentally he reckons your post hurt his sides?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #20881 on: March 04, 2018, 07:14:54 am »

Im disappointed in you back of the net, you've just hit the side netting.. game over for you, your getting hooked.

Ah, so you didn't type "cash flow" into the little search box at the top of the page then? I just did to make sure it worked and it turns out I wasn't the only one to attempt to explain it to you! Oh, and you hadn't "genuinely missed [it]" because you quoted one of my attempts in one of your posts, although what you said did question whether you'd actually read it... Evil
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2487

« Reply #20882 on: March 04, 2018, 17:35:04 pm »

I still don't really get why there is confusion.

The Chinese didn't take over did they, he was very clear about that.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20883 on: March 04, 2018, 18:28:58 pm »

I still don't really get why there is confusion.

The Chinese didn't take over did they, he was very clear about that.

About as clear as curry sauce Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20884 on: March 04, 2018, 18:30:41 pm »

About as clear as curry sauce Lips Sealed

What is unclear?
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20885 on: March 06, 2018, 16:22:23 pm »

If the truth can be told so as to be understood it will be believed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20886 on: March 06, 2018, 16:23:06 pm »

In KT's interview today he restated the comment made by the Trust, that the Council expect to give a decision on the East Stand by the end of this month.

He also said, at the Council meeting the Trust 'saw the plans', were they plans of the ground or just future plans for the land?
Comment Trust?
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20887 on: March 06, 2018, 16:41:04 pm »

In KT's interview today he restated the comment made by the Trust, that the Council expect to give a decision on the East Stand by the end of this month.

He also said, at the Council meeting the Trust 'saw the plans', were they plans of the ground or juat future plans for the land?
Comment Trust?

I asked the supporters trust if they had seen any plans, and they stated that they had not. This was about a month ago just after their announcement on the eaststand.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20888 on: March 06, 2018, 16:49:42 pm »

I asked the supporters trust if they had seen any plans, and they stated that they had not. This was about a month ago just after their announcement on the eaststand.

Kelvin states in the video released today that the Trust have indeed seen plans and agreed "they were in the best interests of the club".
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20889 on: March 06, 2018, 17:25:08 pm »

Start of good news hopefully.

A planning application has been submitted to join Edgar Mobbs Way to Towcester Road (B & Q roundabout). This will ease congestion after Cobblers (and Saints) games. Let us hope it is built quicker than the planning timescale (7 years+).
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #20890 on: March 06, 2018, 18:18:47 pm »

Edgar Mobbs Way? Can't see how that'd work, there's no room there because of the river Nene and the industrial units
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20891 on: March 06, 2018, 18:24:57 pm »

Not Edgar Mobbs Way, but St James Mill Road...finally linking up to St James Mill Road East which is the road that leads out from the retail units/KFC onto the roundabout by B&Q.

This has been talked about for years, pretty much ever since the Towcester Road (or Southern Approach Road as it was called back in the day) was opened.

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/planning/search-applications?civica.query.FullTextSearch=edgar%20mobbs%20way#VIEW?RefType=PBDC&KeyNo=62387

Its a 150-200 yard gap between the two roads which runs through a railway line which was at the time of the road opening still being used. However rail traffic has long since ceased on the Bridge Street Branch, and Network Rail are believed to have given up the land on which the line sits.

Look at the location on Google Earth, the proposed road would cut right in front of a new industrial unit (the area where the road goes is fenced off currently) and then over the disused railway line to join up with the other road.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 18:31:09 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest48

« Reply #20892 on: March 06, 2018, 18:34:14 pm »

Could you please point me in the direction to find this, as I can't recall this.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20893 on: March 06, 2018, 18:40:42 pm »

Could you please point me in the direction to find this, as I can't recall this.

Sod that......are the Trust in a position to confirm or deny KT's statement today?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20894 on: March 06, 2018, 19:01:08 pm »

Kelvin states in the video released today that the Trust have indeed seen plans and agreed "they were in the best interests of the club".
The trust ageed that they were in the clubs best interests... As a member I dont recall being asked my opinion?
One mans best interests could be seen as a big bag of 5hite to the next?
Why have they gone all shy all of a sudden?
I thought they enjoyed sharing good news..
Just show the clubs fans and the folk of Northampton  bloody plans, they might actually  be good.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20895 on: March 06, 2018, 19:04:35 pm »

I'd be keen to know what the Trust actually saw.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20896 on: March 06, 2018, 19:33:14 pm »

I emailed the supporters trust on the 14th of February. I then got a reply off a member of the supporters stating that they did not see any plans.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 19:52:20 pm by Letchworthcobbler » Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20897 on: March 06, 2018, 19:37:31 pm »

The trust ageed that they were in the clubs best interests... As a member I dont recall being asked my opinion?
One mans best interests could be seen as a big bag of 5hite to the next?
Why have they gone all shy all of a sudden?
I thought they enjoyed sharing good news..
Just show the clubs fans and the folk of Northampton  bloody plans, they might actually  be good.

Don't you trust your trust?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20898 on: March 06, 2018, 20:18:27 pm »

Don't you trust your trust?
I believe they are all decent well meaning folk.
In the past one or two had a habit of getting a little to cozy to those who may have their own interests way above those of our club.. and maybe our 'best interests' are not even close to being served.
I fully believe they are made of sterner stuff these days and will fight our corner and wont have their pants pulled down.

Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20899 on: March 06, 2018, 20:28:08 pm »

For reference, here's the statement the Trust released at the time of the meeting with the council:

"Four representatives from the Trust met with NBC on Tuesday February 6 for discussion to discover what progress had been made since our last meeting with the authority in November.

"During this recent meeting the council were able to give a broad outline with regards to the development and the Sixfields lease.

"The Trust is confident that the proposals meet the long-term needs of football in Northampton.

"NBC told the Trust that the matter concerning the lease should reasonably be concluded by the end of March - so we are hoping for good news soon."

To add some context, I wasn't at the meeting - so I don't know exactly what was seen by the members who were present. We're having our monthly board meeting on Thursday evening where the meeting with NBC will be discussed along with the contents of that meeting. I expect to glean more information then.

My understanding though, although I will clarify this on Thursday, is that the plans that are being referred to were basically plans for the land - i.e where leases start and stop, who owns what, what is likely to be on that part of land. We haven't seen any artist's impressions or anything along those lines.

I don't think we've been helped here by semantics. The word 'plans' encompasses a whole lot of different meanings when it comes to planning!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: