The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 03:24:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816717 times)
FezNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20900 on: March 06, 2018, 20:35:18 pm »

I asked the supporters trust if they had seen any plans, and they stated that they had not. This was about a month ago just after their announcement on the eaststand.
For context, here's the email correspondence:

Yourself: Has the supporters trust seen the plans for the east stand, and if it holds the future plans of ntfc?
My reply on behalf of the Trust: No, we have not seen any plans as we don't believe any plans or artist's impressions have yet been made public by the football club. They may not even have been drawn up until the lease issue is sorted, which we have been told by the council 'should' be reasonably concluded by the end of March.

Again, perhaps been undone here by the vague wording of 'plans'. Most people tend to ask whether we've seen detailed drawings, and in hindsight I should have clarified exactly what you meant by that before answering.

So in short - we've seen details/maps of lease agreements, but my understanding is that we haven't seen any detailed drawings of how any scheme would look or artist's impressions. Again, I'll try and clarify this on Thursday evening.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: March 06, 2018, 20:42:46 pm »

The trust ageed that they were in the clubs best interests... As a member I dont recall being asked my opinion?
One mans best interests could be seen as a big bag of 5hite to the next?
We consult where we can, but we have to be realistic about these things.

If we effectively put this out to consultation, the question would be: What do you think about these lease issues that, because of some commercial sensitivity, we can't tell you that much about.

No-one's really in a position to give an informed opinion based on that information are they. The Trust board are democratically elected to take decisions when needed.

The beauty is that if you don't feel like we're sticking up for your best interests, you can kick us all off the board Grin

Effectively it does indeed boil down to trust. And while we're far from perfect, every decision we take has the club's best interests at heart.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20902 on: March 06, 2018, 22:00:17 pm »

Effectively it does indeed boil down to trust. And while we're far from perfect, every decision we take has the club's best interests at heart.
Its all well and good sitting back and being very trusting of the trusts best intentions to fight for the very best for our Football club but surley you need to give those you're representing an idea as to what you honestly  believe to be the best for our club and not what the outside consortium tell you is a good deal. There has been imo some blatant down playing our clubs urgently needed redevelopment that had my alarm bells ringing and all this cloak and dagger, cryptic announcements with zero substance doesn't make it easy to sit back and be trusting.
Does anyone know how far off the mark I am with what I believe is the major issues based on guess work and speculation?
How many acres are there within these land leases?
Is there a rough idea as to the value of land leases with planning permission?
If we were to be offered a colossal '£4m' to just fit out a dozen boxes/ resturant/bar as KT alluded to,
  which is only about £2m worth of you dont go 5 star with gold fitting and fixtures, can we use the other £2m to extend the ground capacity? Thus maximising this opportunity.
What qualifies those as experts in putting forward whats best for us?
Will the council be guided by the trust as to our needs and dont allow them to again unconditionally hand over land leases that sees the club short changed of its share of adjacent council owned land.
Will the trust ask the hard questions without fear of upsetting the consortium?
Have we already blown it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20903 on: March 06, 2018, 22:09:47 pm »

If you haven't realised already that we've already blown it thanks to Cardoza then you're a lot thicker than I realised.

James, thanks for clarifying.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #20904 on: March 06, 2018, 23:06:19 pm »

Its all well and good sitting back and being very trusting of the trusts best intentions to fight for the very best for our Football club but surley you need to give those you're representing an idea as to what you honestly  believe to be the best for our club and not what the outside consortium tell you is a good deal. There has been imo some blatant down playing our clubs urgently needed redevelopment that had my alarm bells ringing and all this cloak and dagger, cryptic announcements with zero substance doesn't make it easy to sit back and be trusting.
Does anyone know how far off the mark I am with what I believe is the major issues based on guess work and speculation?
If we were to be offered a colossal '£4m' to just fit out a dozen boxes/ resturant/bar as KT alluded to,
  which is only about £2m worth of you dont go 5 star with gold fitting and fixtures, can we use the other £2m to extend the ground capacity? Thus maximising this opportunity.
Will the council be guided by the trust as to our needs and dont allow them to again unconditionally hand over land leases that sees the club short changed of its share of adjacent council owned land.

Everything posted on here, by the Trust recently, has come from NBC. We haven't met with " the outside consortium" at all, so we don't know what they think is a good deal or not.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20905 on: March 07, 2018, 07:36:36 am »

The outside consortium sound very odd to me!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20906 on: March 07, 2018, 08:04:15 am »

You have plenty of time on your hands for discussing these issues on here Beds, why not join the Trust and help them out? That way you can ensure that they are working in YOUR best interests.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: March 07, 2018, 10:02:45 am »

You have plenty of time on your hands for discussing these issues on here Beds, why not join the Trust and help them out? That way you can ensure that they are working in YOUR best interests.
In ALL our interests especially those 10s of thousands of young locals who they and friends have yet to be convinced to be a regular at their home town/county  club due to the decades of neglect and the down right amateurish look of the place.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20908 on: March 07, 2018, 10:28:47 am »

In ALL our interests especially those 10s of thousands of young locals who they and friends have yet to be convinced to be a regular at their home town/county  club due to the decades of neglect and the down right amateurish look of the place.

I doubt very much that YOUR interests are the same as EVERYONE, they are not the same as mine for instance, and especially not all these people that have "yet to be convinced". Have you spoken to any of them? Do you know for sure that they don't turn up because the stadium isn't as nice as you think it should be?

I appreciate the fact that you are passionate about this but I feel that your passion could be better directed outside of the forum. You blatantly make snipes at the Trust, if you think they are doing such a bad job then why not join them and help them?

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: March 07, 2018, 12:09:52 pm »

I doubt very much that YOUR interests are the same as EVERYONE, they are not the same as mine for instance, and especially not all these people that have "yet to be convinced". Have you spoken to any of them? Do you know for sure that they don't turn up because the stadium isn't as nice as you think it should be?

I appreciate the fact that you are passionate about this but I feel that your passion could be better directed outside of the forum. You blatantly make snipes at the Trust, if you think they are doing such a bad job then why not join them and help them?

I appreciate you wish for our infrastructure to remain in such a poor state but I suspect that its you thats in a very small minority.
I haven't had a snipe at the trust as they are invaluable to our club at this present time and Im grateful for their hard work.
Yes I ask a few probing questions but they kindly answered these the best they could.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20910 on: March 07, 2018, 14:24:27 pm »

I appreciate you wish for our infrastructure to remain in such a poor state but I suspect that its you thats in a very small minority.
I haven't had a snipe at the trust as they are invaluable to our club at this present time and Im grateful for their hard work.
Yes I ask a few probing questions but they kindly answered these the best they could.

Point out where in his post he says this you dick.

Mods, it's time for Beds to get the same treatment as 78.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20911 on: March 07, 2018, 14:38:43 pm »

As an observation, the words after club are a bit fanciful. Cool
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 14:46:38 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20912 on: March 07, 2018, 14:44:21 pm »

It always makes me smile when people question BedsCobb credentials when criticising the lack of development but still feel able to give JFH their expert advice

I suppose the simple answer to that would be experience...

I'm not for one second challenging anyones perspective.But it's pretty safe to assume that most of us have watched or played football for years, so have a reasonable insight into the game. Where as not many people spend a lot of time around planning meetings/submissions, or indeed the legal aspects of building buildings.

I would have thought it more relevant questioning the credentials of those that are choosing to challenge Beds. I KNOW his assumptions are sometimes miles wide of the mark. But a lot of what he says has some genuine validity.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 14:45:57 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20913 on: March 07, 2018, 21:15:27 pm »

Not Edgar Mobbs Way, but St James Mill Road...finally linking up to St James Mill Road East which is the road that leads out from the retail units/KFC onto the roundabout by B&Q.

This has been talked about for years, pretty much ever since the Towcester Road (or Southern Approach Road as it was called back in the day) was opened.

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/planning/search-applications?civica.query.FullTextSearch=edgar%20mobbs%20way#VIEW?RefType=PBDC&KeyNo=62387

Its a 150-200 yard gap between the two roads which runs through a railway line which was at the time of the road opening still being used. However rail traffic has long since ceased on the Bridge Street Branch, and Network Rail are believed to have given up the land on which the line sits.

Look at the location on Google Earth, the proposed road would cut right in front of a new industrial unit (the area where the road goes is fenced off currently) and then over the disused railway line to join up with the other road.

Considering the St Peters Way magic roundabout and the ‘new’ Sixfields link, I can’t believe this wasn’t built years ago. Even for this council it’s a no brainer to ease a lot of traffic congestion.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #20914 on: March 07, 2018, 21:26:20 pm »

Considering the St Peters Way magic roundabout and the ‘new’ Sixfields link, I can’t believe this wasn’t built years ago. Even for this council it’s a no brainer to ease a lot of traffic congestion.

If only the link-road was to the Championship!!!    Sad Sad Sad
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #20915 on: March 08, 2018, 21:35:29 pm »

So as promised, I got a definitive answer on the 'plans' that the Trust board members had seen in the meeting with NBC.

As thought, they were effectively high level outline layouts of the site and the proposed boundaries. We've seen no artist's impressions of how the stand and surrounding area would look.

Hope that clarifies things.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20916 on: March 08, 2018, 22:09:59 pm »

So as promised, I got a definitive answer on the 'plans' that the Trust board members had seen in the meeting with NBC.

As thought, they were effectively high level outline layouts of the site and the proposed boundaries. We've seen no artist's impressions of how the stand and surrounding area would look.

Hope that clarifies things.
Many thanks for the update.
Does the NBC regard the NTFCST as a genuine independent body who they will make privy to instant updates as to any council land leases they generously make available to benefit the long term interests of the football club?

The Council have to take a lot of credit in helping us get back on our feet.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20917 on: March 09, 2018, 10:57:19 am »

The Council have to take a lot of credit in helping us get back on our feet.

Indeed - good job they ignored you about not parting with any grace or favour to us.........
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20918 on: March 09, 2018, 11:27:32 am »

Indeed - good job they ignored you about not parting with any grace or favour to us.........
councillor Macintosh also ignored mine and others request to have a public spending authority to over see the spend to ensure the towns football club get the best possible outcome.. that didnt work out too well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20919 on: March 09, 2018, 15:41:44 pm »

I suppose the simple answer to that would be experience...

I'm not for one second challenging anyones perspective.But it's pretty safe to assume that most of us have watched or played football for years, so have a reasonable insight into the game. Where as not many people spend a lot of time around planning meetings/submissions, or indeed the legal aspects of building buildings.

I would have thought it more relevant questioning the credentials of those that are choosing to challenge Beds. I KNOW his assumptions are sometimes miles wide of the mark. But a lot of what he says has some genuine validity.
interesting post? I believe Beds has a genuine love for the club, also genuinely fears for its future, and is obviously very passionate about how the club should move forward. Beds has come under a lot of criticism from myself and others, and I begrudgingly admire the way Beds has gone toe to toe with everyone and couldn’t care less whether anyone agrees or not. So I have to admit, because of this, I do carry some affection for Beds.
However, Beds has been very vocal in the criticism of the current owners, which I have felt was at times a little unfair. Whilst I have myself wondered what their ownership would mean for the club in the long term, I am also appreciative of the intervention made which undoubtedly saved the club.
As a result, playing devils advocate and to emphasise the considerable difficulties regarding finance they may at times face, I have asked Beds how it is proposed the owners raise the capital to undertake a redevelopment project to fulfill the criteria set?
If Beds is to continue with the constant criticism and demands of the current owners I believe this was both a relevant and fair question? I asked Beds some specific questions which were mainly evaded and the response to date has been in my opinion nonsense, and at times completely unrealistic, to the point of embarrassing.
Despite appearances, I have no real interest in winning some hypothetical points scoring debate with Beds. However I think it reasonable that someone contest the more controversial statements levelled against the current owners such as “killing the club” by raising questions such as these?
Whist I felt your statement was also a little controversial, I am intrigued how you propose to do this? Therefore I am happy for you, and only you, to question my credentials on this particular subject should you wish? However, should you take it upon yourself do this I feel it would be reasonable that you also question Beds credentials and he or she take it upon themselves to respond in kind?
If nothing else it would perhaps give some credibility to the fact that matters may not be as simple as some would have us believe when it comes to financing a project such as the one proposed by Beds, or otherwise?

(I have put it into paragraphs to make it easier to read...) no problem, did it on my phone so always a tricky exercise. It ends up being an Olympic sport trying not to report your own post as spam.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: