The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:39:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816742 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20960 on: March 16, 2018, 10:38:02 am »

it comes down to where we want our club to be. Does the town and people deserve higher league football?  Can we (the town, area and people) support it? If we want to bum around the bottom division with the odd furore into League 1 then yep support KT to stagnate our club further, beg the council to give him our valuable land to increase his personal wealth.

You cannot compare football clubs to business, until recently the higher the division the more money you lost, i didn't see any club trying to get relegated to reduce their losses (well Blackpool perhaps LOL).

What happened to clubs we used to play that have achieved far more success?  Wigan, Swansea, Brentford, Burton,  and then those with less success, Darlington, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, R & D, Grimsby, Hereford, Chester

Ask why clubs like Ipswich, Huddersfield, Norwich, Burnley, Blackburn are clubs that have constantly played at the higher levels despite their catchment area / competition being similar or smaller than ours.

Could Northampton support Championship football with a ground similar to Ipswich, Norwich, Huddersfield etc?  I for one think it can and should. History has to start somewhere and for that we need someone with a vision and a dream

It's so sad that so many of our so called supporters try to come up with every or any fact that should stop us dreaming, planning and building

Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #20961 on: March 16, 2018, 10:45:44 am »

I think we all want the stadium to be developed as and when it can be, but we all have different ways in which we think that should be achieved. Personally if I was KT and had the money I would pull down the East Stand and rebuild with nice corporate facilities for use outside the matchday arena so it could be a 7 day a week business model, then I would rebuild the South as Beds says with enough capacity for between 2 & 3000 away supporters, then look at the North. But and it is a big but, we don't know what money is available for all off these things adnd we also don't know what the Chinese are doing or how much they want to invest in the future of our club. As I understand it we should be in a better position by the end of this month to see where things are and if nothing comes from KT by the end of this month then maybe Beds has been right and he isn't going to do anything. I hope that isn't the case but we shall see.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20962 on: March 16, 2018, 10:52:34 am »

I'm not sure anyone is anti-development. Just some people are being more realistic and reasonable.
is there a definitive point where our needs are realistic and not unreasonable?
As for doing nothing these past 2.5 years that must fall way outside this criteria?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20963 on: March 16, 2018, 11:10:22 am »

I think there's an element of plausibility to all arguments here.

For me, purely from a business perspective, you only supply when you have the demand. If football is the product, then you'll only get more bums on seats if the quality of the product warrants it. Sure, it might be nice to sit in a spangly stadium but how many will if we're knocking around L2 75% of the time...

To blindly double capacity when there is no demand for it isn't viable and it isn't shortsighted to say so.  I'm not a default KT fan but he seems fairly astute. He clearly thinks there's no need (and no money) to expand blindly and I'm with him. However, adding non-match day assets such as offices, hospitality, hotel rooms, whatever is where we should be heading.

We'd all love a mini Wembley with 20000 unrestricted view seats and retracting roof but come on, do we need it? Needs and wants have to be balanced.

First and foremost we need a profitable set up. We don't need another 7 thousand (mainly empty) seats. Yet.....

However, finish the East FFS. It's an embarrassment.
No one has suggested we double our capacity overnight it just those scaremongering to avoid having to dirty their hands (though it would be very welcome as its whats expected from a club of our stature and soon become a major asset)
To often vast numbers are bandied about but if we concentrated on pushing for 12 boxes, bar , resturant and the the old 3000 capacity bank of terracing by all the means that the other 91 league clubs do it except us, we might het somewhere.
There should be no more hiding places for any belittlers of our club.
Its now time for them to pi55 or get off the pot and start by sharing what plans they have.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20964 on: March 16, 2018, 11:14:15 am »

Well written Random. My views exactly.  

Ambition plays a part and if you have a large group of supporters who have none and appear satisfied to watch L2 and, occasionally, L1 football that doesn't help the cause.  But the buck stops principally with the owners and their financial resources and how much they are prepared to invest in the club including its infrastructure.  KT & Bower recognised their limitations and that is why they brought in the Chinese. Unfortunately, that appears to have gone wrong in that all the signs are that the Chinese have not invested in the club as they committed to do. That is why we have the strange situation of the charge over the shares NT Ventures owns in NTFC.  Bower had to put in additional funds himself but obscured the situation to avoid embarrassment to KT and himself.  KT appears to be trying to buy time by saying delays by NBC are the reason why nothing has happened. He will soon run out of road on that excuse.  My point is that whilst some may say beggars can't be choosers I doubt that with the present owners we have the right people to take the club to where the likes of Random and I think it should be.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #20965 on: March 16, 2018, 11:22:37 am »

I'm not sure anyone is anti-development. Just some people are being more realistic and reasonable.

There are no anti development fans. Questioning the fabricated figures by some and disagreeing on the way forward and even when the developments should take place are completely different to being anti.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20966 on: March 16, 2018, 13:17:55 pm »

I'm not up for killing anyones dreams. I dream that we'll get a season in the Prem before I die. A nice stadium would be nice too but I'd rather have a great team.

It's not the ground holding us back and having a nice ground would not on it's own propel us forward.

And sad or not, football is a business. Clubs have a balance sheet and a profit or more often loss. Ignore that and you really are in the brown stuff.

Ultimately, our failure to hit the second tier hasn't come down to a poor ground. Whether it be Carr's team or Wilders, the failure to kick on was due to the loss of key personnel; whether it be Hill, Morley and McGoldrick, or Holmes and Wilder.

Success starts on the pitch I'm afraid. Get to the championship then think about expanding. In the meantime, finish the East and include some usable space.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20967 on: March 16, 2018, 13:36:01 pm »

There are no anti development fans. Questioning the fabricated figures by some and disagreeing on the way forward and even when the developments should take place are completely different to being anti.
To get into a position of being able to discuss the plans showing the way forward would be a start...We haven't reach that point yet.. No plans or proposals to be seen..
Those who allow stagnation are very much anti progression.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20968 on: March 16, 2018, 13:38:31 pm »

The northampton public are notoriously fickle....but they will come out for big games...the followings to Wembley price that, and a tram playing in the championship would attract crowds of 12-15k easily I think.
But where do you put them??
What exactly is meant by ‘finishing the east’?? Putting in boxes and that’s it? No increased capacity for joe public??
I keep saying it, on and off field together, not seperate! I certainly don’t buy into the statement that we wait till we get into the championship before doing anything.

Say we stay up.....and have a great season next season and get promoted. Then we start building?? Building would probably include pulling down a stand and reducing capacity...even if temporarily.....we could end up playing a season in the championship with a 6,500 capacity ground again. Chances of survival then??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20969 on: March 16, 2018, 13:50:01 pm »

I don't want to labour the point but it all comes down to our owners and how much money is available. It is clear to me that the Chinese (as I keep posting, what Chinese?)have none so where the heck does that leave us?  Why people keep avoiding this very basic issue defeats me.  Dream on.  We will have a very basic East Stand and that will be it. Don't rely on KT. It's not going to happen.  Lots of heads in the sand on this site.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20970 on: March 16, 2018, 14:00:11 pm »

I'm not up for killing anyones dreams. I dream that we'll get a season in the Prem before I die. A nice stadium would be nice too but I'd rather have a great team.

Really? A truly great team playing championship football that are happy to play for a lot less than their opponents in an embarrassingly  tiny ground that only allows  6400 of the vast local population  to get in to watch them.
 You come across as a bit selfish assuming you're getting in, what if you were one of the several thousands  who failed to get a ST and had to watch from the hill? Would you still advocate persevering with non league facilities?
Thankfully neither you or Thomas will decide our ultimate fate, that'll be down to the clubs supporters  the trust and the towns folk and hopefully some ambitious owners be it this lot with a change of heart or  new ones taking over with some vision.

It cant stay as it is because neither championship football or a great team will never been seen at Sixfields as things stand.

Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #20971 on: March 16, 2018, 14:01:36 pm »

Just another point on developing the ground, when we first were given sixfields we were told that it was bolt and build with the stands, so would be easy to increase capacity if required, now without trawling through the whole of this thread can someone advise if this is still the case or not. If so, would it not be possible to do something to increase the sizes of either the south or north before the start of next season. Preferably the South because looking at the teams likely to come down and up (in the case of Luton) we could probably sell out a 2000+ away end several times next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: March 16, 2018, 14:08:23 pm »

I don't want to labour the point but it all comes down to our owners and how much money is available. It is clear to me that the Chinese (as I keep posting, what Chinese?)have none so where the heck does that leave us? 

The vastly increased playing/non-playing budget would suggest "the Chinese" do have money?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20973 on: March 16, 2018, 14:10:44 pm »

How many teams (League One, those looking likely to move up down form Championship/League Two) have an average away following larger than our away capacity currently?

If someone could put down the numbers that would be great. Maybe Beds? I'd be interested in knowing the figures for payback time of the enlarged stand vs money gained through extra attendance.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: March 16, 2018, 14:12:56 pm »

Wrong, Wolvo, it is Bower's money. Hence the charge over Ventures shares in NTFC. 
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20975 on: March 16, 2018, 14:42:25 pm »

Just another point on developing the ground, when we first were given sixfields we were told that it was bolt and build with the stands, so would be easy to increase capacity if required, now without trawling through the whole of this thread can someone advise if this is still the case or not. If so, would it not be possible to do something to increase the sizes of either the south or north before the start of next season. Preferably the South because looking at the teams likely to come down and up (in the case of Luton) we could probably sell out a 2000+ away end several times next season.

Thing is that if any work happened next year that would be 25 years after the original build. Maybe that's not the way things are done any more. Building regs change, design methods change. It might be cheaper just to start from scratch with a new stand these days. Sticking another tier on a 25 year old stand might not be possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: March 16, 2018, 15:23:49 pm »

Looking at some stats and also a lot of depending how well they are doing in the league, these are who could (if in league 1 with us) bring more than we can currently hold
Birmingham City (1676)
Sunderland (2032)
Bolton (1029)
Sheff Weds (2998)
Luton
Coventry
Blackburn
Six Fingered Fen Dwellers
Bristol Rovers
Oxford
Plymouth
Portsmouth

I am not saying they all will, but if they are going well then they have the support to bring more than we can currently hold, the figures in brackets are so far this season for championship, couldn't find them for the other leagues.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20977 on: March 16, 2018, 15:31:49 pm »

I'm sitting on my hands for two more weeks because KT said a decision on the leases will be made by NBC by the end of March (2018!!).

Only then would I be frustrated if no plans are announced by KT because all the obstacles are removed so he can invest the £3 million spoken about on the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: March 16, 2018, 17:34:00 pm »

I'm sitting on my hands for two more weeks because KT said a decision on the leases will be made by NBC by the end of March (2018!!).

Only then would I be frustrated if no plans are announced by KT because all the obstacles are removed so he can invest the £3 million spoken about on the East Stand.

Are the leases physically stopping him from finishing the East Stand now?

If we (the club) don't control the lease how did we get the seats in the stand and get it open as it is today?

I thought (and I maybe wrong here) that the club controlled what is basically the footprint of the ground.......

Of course, none of us know what the plans for that stand are....at least Cardoza did show some plans, and then scaled them down. I'm not sure what KT and co are planning to do at all!! Build/finish the stand in its current framework or rip it down and start again.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: March 16, 2018, 18:34:55 pm »

How many teams (League One, those looking likely to move up down form Championship/League Two) have an average away following larger than our away capacity currently?

If someone could put down the numbers that would be great. Maybe Beds? I'd be interested in knowing the figures for payback time of the enlarged stand vs money gained through extra attendance.
Sixfields as it is, is not a top 5 must visit away game for other clubs support. We get a decent amount of visitors due to its central  location and being easy to get to from many places but falls flat due to the crappy little stands that doesn't lend itself a big match feel.
If we were to have a bog standard 3000 capacity terracing plus the current 950 seats, it could have a few roof supporting columns and giving al fresco carering to keep costs sensible,  built up behind the south stand seats that could also be shared with home supporters, we could easily cater for 2500 visiting support.
Yes it will only be at capacity 4 or 5 times during a league 1 season but we would become a top 5 must visit for most clubs and if we were to attract an extra couple of hundred per match enticed by an old school atmospheric but safe terracing,  over what we get now it would be a major success and the stepping stone to building up the club thats not been possible these past 50 years.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: