The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 05:59:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816732 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21000 on: March 17, 2018, 12:21:10 pm »

Can only speak for myself but I'd rather be watching my team playing winning entertaining football in a ramshackle old ground than playing cr@p boring losing football in a professional atmospheric ground.
What I'm trying to say is...It's not black and white and as simplistic as you try to make out..you cant shoehorn everyone into the same category

That will be entirely lost on Beds current mindset. Any reasonable and plausible suggestion like yours will simply not register. However such comments are always welcome, so well done.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21001 on: March 17, 2018, 12:33:02 pm »

Can only speak for myself but I'd rather be watching my team playing winning entertaining football in a ramshackle old ground than playing cr@p boring losing football in a professional atmospheric ground.
What I'm trying to say is...It's not black and white and as simplistic as you try to make out..you cant shoehorn everyone into the same category

Living in MK I know plenty of their supporters, and they echo your thoughts.

Although they don't quite have the atmospheric bit down just yet.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21002 on: March 17, 2018, 12:50:44 pm »

styles of football and various levels of success is what makes football so special you believe you have a championship winning team in august and by October the wheels have  fallen off ..
What doesn't change is supporters loyalty and their enjoyment of the match day experience, they accept its not always going to be great on the pitch but expect a certain degree of professionalism in their match day experience, this is in short supply at Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #21003 on: March 17, 2018, 14:31:12 pm »

To be fair Cobblergaz59 you are watching football in a ramshackle stadium already , it's just not winning or entertaining. So that lets your post down.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #21004 on: March 17, 2018, 22:23:55 pm »

To be fair Cobblergaz59 you are watching football in a ramshackle stadium already , it's just not winning or entertaining. So that lets your post down.

Trust me for someone who grew up on the hotel end this stadium is not even close to ramshackle  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #21005 on: March 18, 2018, 06:01:35 am »

Trust me, for somebody who grew up on the Hotel End Sixfields is on its way 🤣🤣
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21006 on: March 18, 2018, 11:47:21 am »

All bloody irrelevant talking of Championship needs when we're heading back to L2 and gates of 4500 and away followings of 250.

Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21007 on: March 18, 2018, 11:51:17 am »

All bloody irrelevant talking of Championship needs when we're heading back to L2 and gates of 4500 and away followings of 250.

Sad but I have to agree with you. Might be time to close this thread!(for a bit)  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #21008 on: March 18, 2018, 11:56:41 am »

Sad but I have to agree with you. Might be time to close this thread!(for a bit)  Smiley

Thousand odd posts and still nothing has changed.....
sums up Northampton football club perfectly,

Talk a good game but do nothing,
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21009 on: March 18, 2018, 11:58:20 am »

Seems pretty quiet from the Chinese contingent. Do they still attend games?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21010 on: March 18, 2018, 11:59:45 am »

Yes, relegation will provide a good cop out to our owners for an inadequate & disappointing East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #21011 on: March 18, 2018, 12:37:05 pm »

Well it will let KT and friends off the hook when we go down. Maybe there is a plan afterall Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21012 on: March 18, 2018, 12:41:47 pm »

Meccano - you know and I know don't we?
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #21013 on: March 18, 2018, 12:43:20 pm »

We'll be in the National League before that bloody stand gets done
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21014 on: March 18, 2018, 17:14:11 pm »

Well it will let KT and friends off the hook when we go down. Maybe there is a plan afterall Roll Eyes

I agree entirely.  I am firmly convinced that this is the plan.  The pressure to re-develop will vanish once we are back to mid-table in Div4.

The astute football chairmen know that crowds only roll in at the end of season if the club is trying to get promoted, else fighting for survival.  For Northampton Town, it has always been clear that our chairman does not see the club progressing..... so, it is essential that we are in the mix for relegation at the end of season, in order to create a bit of crowd interest.  They know that supporters are always very down at this time of year, especially if things are not looking good on the pitch.  But, come April (or the first daffodils), that energy & enthusiasm returns to the fans, and, like migrating birds, they are drawn inexorably back to the turnstiles.

Remaining in this division will always cause issues about whether the capacity is right - especially if there are "big fish" that want to bring a few thousand. This season, it is particularly relevant.  It seems likely that any 1 or 2 of Birmingham, Sunderland, Reading, Bolton, Hull or Sheffield Wednesday will be relegated from the Championship.  They will easily fill our limited away section.  That is aside from the possibility of welcoming back Luton, Notts County & Coventry, who may all come up this time.  Then assume that Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Portsmouth are still in this division.  All of a sudden, our ability to host away fans may seem somewhat limited.  (And, yes, I know that we are no worse than most other clubs at this level - or, are we?)

So, as our chairman has already said quite clearly that he has no intention of further developing the stadium (given which club we are), one can only conclude that the club's future is seen to lie other than in this division.

I rest my case.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21015 on: March 18, 2018, 17:45:37 pm »

Trust me for someone who grew up on the hotel end this stadium is not even close to ramshackle  Grin Grin

Is this correct TCobb? You never went to the Hotel End!

ps let alone Accrington Stanley.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #21016 on: March 18, 2018, 18:04:07 pm »

Think you missed my post on the Hotel End Evers. Have another look.
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #21017 on: March 18, 2018, 18:26:36 pm »

As for watching the Cobblers away Nevers, I don't get to as many matches as I would like.
Out of the current 92 I have been to 60
Plus Another 11 grounds which are no longer in use.
Plus Another 10 grounds of teams who used to be league teams but are not any more. Plus various number of non league grounds of teams in the FA Cup plus grounds of teams who are no longer in business. All of these grounds I have been to with the Cobblers, not glory hunting or boasting up the numbers by watching other teams, just by watching my team.
That might not put me in your Super Fan league Neverbrite, but I'm quite happy with the support I have given my team over the years.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 18:29:31 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21018 on: March 18, 2018, 18:31:57 pm »

I agree entirely.  I am firmly convinced that this is the plan.  The pressure to re-develop will vanish once we are back to mid-table in Div4.

The astute football chairmen know that crowds only roll in at the end of season if the club is trying to get promoted, else fighting for survival.  For Northampton Town, it has always been clear that our chairman does not see the club progressing..... so, it is essential that we are in the mix for relegation at the end of season, in order to create a bit of crowd interest.  They know that supporters are always very down at this time of year, especially if things are not looking good on the pitch.  But, come April (or the first daffodils), that energy & enthusiasm returns to the fans, and, like migrating birds, they are drawn inexorably back to the turnstiles.

Remaining in this division will always cause issues about whether the capacity is right - especially if there are "big fish" that want to bring a few thousand. This season, it is particularly relevant.  It seems likely that any 1 or 2 of Birmingham, Sunderland, Reading, Bolton, Hull or Sheffield Wednesday will be relegated from the Championship.  They will easily fill our limited away section.  That is aside from the possibility of welcoming back Luton, Notts County & Coventry, who may all come up this time.  Then assume that Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Portsmouth are still in this division.  All of a sudden, our ability to host away fans may seem somewhat limited.  (And, yes, I know that we are no worse than most other clubs at this level - or, are we?)

So, as our chairman has already said quite clearly that he has no intention of further developing the stadium (given which club we are), one can only conclude that the club's future is seen to lie other than in this division.

I rest my case.
Firstly we should look at any redevelopment and ground improvements to enhance the match day experience to reward those  several thousand who turn up to all or just a handful when they can.
It'll soon entice many more visitors.
Those who think that being ensconced in league 2 makes any redev nul and void couldn't be more mistaken as it needs it more  to attract fans to games against  the likes Accrington Bury Morecambe Crawley etc
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21019 on: March 18, 2018, 18:53:50 pm »

Firstly we should look at any redevelopment and ground improvements to enhance the match day experience to reward those  several thousand who turn up to all or just a handful when they can.
It'll soon entice many more visitors.
Those who think that being ensconced in league 2 makes any redev nul and void couldn't be more mistaken as it needs it more  to attract fans to games against  the likes Accrington Bury Morecambe Crawley etc

You missed my point......   which is that if we stay in Div 1, we will have trouble accommodating visiting fans.  But, next season in Div 2, they can sit by the cornerflag in the East, and there will still empty seats behind the taker of the corners when his picture appears in the local rags.  Plus, there will be room for #Frank to buy the seats in front of him, and behind, as well as to the sides, without limiting others' ability to attend.

I know you get a lot of stick on here, and I know you mean well.

But,if i can just explain that, over the years, I have made several multi-nationals an awful lot of wonga.  I have also, as a result, earned my fair share of corn.

Normally, for a company to have gotten me to the point of asking this question in the Board Room, they would have had to shell out the price-equivalent of a decent home in Weston Favell.  But, as this is not business, and I am retired, and I feel for your desire to do the best for the club..... Here it comes:

"What do you think is the Product that NTFC is in business to sell"?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: