The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:55:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816723 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21020 on: March 18, 2018, 19:31:53 pm »

You missed my point......   which is that if we stay in Div 1, we will have trouble accommodating visiting fans.  But, next season in Div 2, they can sit by the cornerflag in the East, and there will still empty seats behind the taker of the corners when his picture appears in the local rags.  Plus, there will be room for #Frank to buy the seats in front of him, and behind, as well as to the sides, without limiting others' ability to attend.

I know you get a lot of stick on here, and I know you mean well.

But,if i can just explain that, over the years, I have made several multi-nationals an awful lot of wonga.  I have also, as a result, earned my fair share of corn.

Normally, for a company to have gotten me to the point of asking this question in the Board Room, they would have had to shell out the price-equivalent of a decent home in Weston Favell.  But, as this is not business, and I am retired, and I feel for your desire to do the best for the club..... Here it comes:

"What do you think is the Product that NTFC is in business to sell"?
Football.. which is the national sport of this country where 80% have a keen interest.
Its entertainment, theatre and plays a major social role.
Its just that we completely under sell our product.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21021 on: March 18, 2018, 19:40:26 pm »

Football.. which is the national sport of this country where 80% have a keen interest.
Its entertainment, theatre and plays a major social role.
Its just that we completely under sell our product.

OK.  So, how do you sell "Football", if that is your Product?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21022 on: March 18, 2018, 20:06:57 pm »

OK.  So, how do you sell "Football", if that is your Product?
You are about to embark on a surreal journey in a world where business, common and humour are senses that are not simply not relevant. You are now communicating with the one in the boardroom who got there by shagging the chief execs daughter.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #21023 on: March 18, 2018, 20:12:47 pm »

Looks like Oversees is just trying to belittle Bedscobb. Shame really as I thought they might have some decent input.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3181

« Reply #21024 on: March 18, 2018, 20:17:52 pm »

You are about to embark on a surreal journey in a world where business, common and humour are senses that are not simply not relevant. You are now communicating with the one in the boardroom who got there by shagging the chief execs daughter.

LOL!

Thank you for the warning.  Fortunately, I have been there and done that for real....  details will be in my memoirs (if I ever write them).....  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21025 on: March 18, 2018, 20:26:08 pm »

Looks like Oversees is just trying to belittle Bedscobb. Shame really as I thought they might have some decent input.

You will be surprised by my input (of course, you will need to be blindfolded, looking the other way, and well relaxed, of course!!!!)   Smiley

It is never my intention to belittle anyone.  I hope to bring new information, opportunities, enlightment and education wherever I can.  The right, simple questions give folk the opportunity to re-evaluate their views..... to change them, to improve them, but, rarely to leave them as they are.

If this long-running argument is improved, then brilliant. 
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #21026 on: March 18, 2018, 20:28:35 pm »

You will be surprised by my input (of course, you will need to be blindfolded, looking the other way, and well relaxed, of course!!!!)   Smiley

It is never my intention to belittle anyone.  I hope to bring new information, opportunities, enlightment and education wherever I can.  The right, simple questions give folk the opportunity to re-evaluate their views..... to change them, to improve them, but, rarely to leave them as they are.

If this long-running argument is improved, then brilliant. 

Very very good point,

just remember you can't help some of these on here
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
guest3181

« Reply #21027 on: March 18, 2018, 20:38:41 pm »

Very very good point,

just remember you can't help some of these on here

OK.  Fair warning.  I just hope that you can live an otherwise normal life.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #21028 on: March 18, 2018, 20:39:46 pm »

To be fair Oversees you sound a bit like Everbrites big brother. Your the one with the brains though  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #21029 on: March 18, 2018, 20:45:02 pm »

OK.  Fair warning.  I just hope that you can live an otherwise normal life.  Smiley

No chance
if i'm not on here everyday
then my life has no meaning
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
guest3181

« Reply #21030 on: March 18, 2018, 20:48:02 pm »

To be fair Oversees you sound a bit like Everbrites big brother. Your the one with the brains though  Grin Grin

.... please, please, please, do not remind me that I am his BB.  That has been my Albatros throughout these last 78 years......  Sad

Wohhh, wohhh, and thrice wohhhhh......   
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21031 on: March 18, 2018, 20:50:26 pm »

LOL!

Thank you for the warning.  Fortunately, I have been there and done that for real....  details will be in my memoirs (if I ever write them).....  Smiley
You don’t mean the shagging do you?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21032 on: March 18, 2018, 20:51:20 pm »

You don’t mean the shagging do you?

Not me...... I'm a born-again Virgin!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21033 on: March 18, 2018, 21:43:55 pm »

And before the PC army give me a kicking it could be that the Human Resources Director is a lesbian. I got cyber bullied enough last week.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21034 on: March 18, 2018, 21:47:01 pm »

And before the PC army give me a kicking it could be that the Human Reasources Director is a lesbian. I got cyber bullied enough last week.

Just a lesbian?   I'm not sure that that is enough, you ultra-non-Marxist, you!!!!!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21035 on: March 23, 2018, 08:23:06 am »

.....What I find amazing is that the very same people who are demanding JFH sacking for not challenge for L1 promotion are also very anti progress by means of remaining in an non league shell of a ground....

I can't see many (if any) who state this, we all would like to be in a better ground that is fit for purpose, will take us to the next level with a larger away fan capacity, better 24/7 facility and conference usage and and and and...
We would also like to see a team that deserves to be playing at a higher level with transfer activity in excess of £1m for a single transaction occasionally and and and...
The difference is that most of us understand and/or appreciate what is going on, the difficulties that were caused primarily by the previous regimes (NTFC and NBC etc..) and don't bang on about it at every opportunity.

Basically Beds, we are all singing from the same hymn sheet regarding the 'Redevelopment' and the ultimate end product/facility, but some/most of us don't continue to sing the same song over and over again as if the needle is stuck.

Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21036 on: March 23, 2018, 10:12:47 am »

Presume all of the terrace tickets have sold out for tomorrow, keep hearing that if there's a terrace it'll attract fans no matter the distance or their own clubs current position
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #21037 on: March 23, 2018, 10:21:40 am »

Presume all of the terrace tickets have sold out for tomorrow, keep hearing that if there's a terrace it'll attract fans no matter the distance or their own clubs current position

If only they had a bank of 3k behind the goal that would accommodate us all.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21038 on: March 23, 2018, 11:04:46 am »

Its an away game in the little North west costal town of fleetwood,  smaller than Wellingborough so not realistic to expect plus 10,000 gates here😉

Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21039 on: March 23, 2018, 13:01:26 pm »

Its an away game in the little North west costal town of fleetwood,  smaller than Wellingborough so not realistic to expect plus 10,000 gates here😉

What relevance does the location and size of Fleetwood have to the size of the away following? It's Fleetwood, not the moon. We could easily take more than the 1000 that the away end holds and so could many other teams in the division... Blackburn, Blackpool, even Wigan. Maybe not Rochdale or Bury.....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: