The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 07:03:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816746 times)
STEVIEG and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21080 on: March 30, 2018, 19:23:48 pm »

Can someone tell me what is in it for Bower/Thomas to get the East Stand finished? Im struggling with that one.

Nothing whatsoever......its all about the leases!!

The Council have stated many times that there is absolutely nothing stopping the stand from being completed as it is, within the current footprint and current lease.

I doubt we'd sell many executive boxes for League 2 football though!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21081 on: March 30, 2018, 20:18:18 pm »

That reminds me of a song

It’s all about the lease
Bout the lease,no redev
It’s all about the lease
Bout the lease,no redev

Il get me coat Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #21082 on: March 30, 2018, 20:20:39 pm »

Well that's the mist positive news today. Bye Shoemaker
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21083 on: March 30, 2018, 20:34:47 pm »

Well that's the mist positive news today. Bye Shoemaker
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21084 on: April 04, 2018, 10:44:13 am »

The Trust is there to represent the fans. You have had at least two meeting recently, one with NBC and one with KT. You have issued statements drafted as though you are bloody politicians, saying absolutely nothing of any substance other than come across as don't worry we know what is going on and we know best.

Again sorry but you were told / warned about DC for years, you (The Trust) were even in the boardroom yet you did and said nothing until it was basically too late. so why should we trust you now ?

Beds and I (and others) have asked on numerous occasions for information regarding the exact size and location of land / leases, of which you claim to have seen and still you do not communicate any information to us fans.

I don't understand with the Trust is that you all worked bloody hard and do loads of great work, give up your own valuable time, all for the good of NTFC, however when it comes to our club progressing and growing you all seem more than happy to sit on side, say nothing, demand or even ask for less, making sure you don't upset anyone in charge. I am sure i don't need to remind you that we have one of the smallest grounds in the country, one with one of the worst facilities, yet we must be one of only a few clubs that don't have a Prem / Championship club within 40 miles, all with a population of 250k on our doorstep. Our town can and should be supporting Championship football.

For almost 10 years now we have had a chairman who will not invest in anything medium term off the pitch. Once again we are back to League 2, history repeating itself again and again and again, and why?  Because just like Sammo said we have no plan, no identity, no vision, neither on or off the pitch.

So Roger the evidence is in the lack of evidence, in the lack of information, in the lack of questioning, in the lack of action. Please please please post on here, or a proper statement giving the exact details about what the Trust knows about the land and leases, who owns NTFC and what their plans are. I stood next to James at York away and said that KT will not develop the East stand, 2 years later I am still correct, another deadline has been and gone.

We, the fans want to know what is going on with our football club.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #21085 on: April 04, 2018, 11:23:51 am »

Great post Random, I believe members of the trust work tirelessly for us as fans. But as Random says very little feeds it's way to the fans. If everything that KT and NBC said is positive why wasn't a statement outlining what the proposals are put out to the fans.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21086 on: April 04, 2018, 12:11:20 pm »

Great post Random, I believe members of the trust work tirelessly for us as fans. But as Random says very little feeds it's way to the fans. If everything that KT and NBC said is positive why wasn't a statement outlining what the proposals are put out to the fans.
Statements were issued about both those meetings, and, as Fez has pointed out on the other thread, if you are told something in confidence and you then make it public, you don't get told anything by that group again. It's a real balancing act and ALL decisions taken by the board of the Trust are democratically agreed and in the best interests of NTFC fans. As I always say, if you don't like what we do, you can come along to our board meetings and change it. We have a meeting tomorrow night, if any members want to come along pm me
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #21087 on: April 04, 2018, 12:22:49 pm »

Many thanks to you Roger and the other Trust board members for the effort they put in for the benefit of Cobblers fans.

I do not expect confidential information to be released because of the concequences BUT what I and friends find very frustrating is that we are just sitting on our hands and waiting.............and waiting. Did the Council say when they expect to make a decision on the land leases, because I thought it was the end of March (2018!!!),. Were you told a timescale?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21088 on: April 04, 2018, 12:55:15 pm »

Thanks Roger I do understand to a point but the same reasons are given every time and have been given for many years that it is confidential.

To me it is just an excuse, it has gone on too long, much of this information should be public.

I believe it is one of the reasons we are where we are, there is nothing for supporters to believe in and get behind, just another chairman keeping secrets and delaying redevelopment and investment.

KT and NBC wrote off £10m in a couple of meetings within a month yet has now taken both parties 3 years to reassign a lease.

What has KT done or said that has given the Trust so much confidence that they will take us forward as iwe have been going backwards ever since CW left
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21089 on: April 04, 2018, 13:18:51 pm »

Many thanks to you Roger and the other Trust board members for the effort they put in for the benefit of Cobblers fans.

I do not expect confidential information to be released because of the concequences BUT what I and friends find very frustrating is that we are just sitting on our hands and waiting.............and waiting. Did the Council say when they expect to make a decision on the land leases, because I thought it was the end of March (2018!!!),. Were you told a timescale?
To be clear on this, the Trust representatives at the meeting with NBC asked what would be a reasonable deadline for the lease issues to be sorted out. The council representatives said at the end of March. Our representatives then asked whether we could make that deadline public and they agreed.

As said earlier on in this thread, we have a board meeting tomorrow where we will discuss how we approach things with the council now that deadline has passed without any action - because clearly us making a deadline public still had very little effect.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21090 on: April 04, 2018, 15:18:17 pm »

I understand what Random is saying and I understand what Roger is saying.

However the stance of the Trust working stealthily in the background is one chosen by the current board. Brian Lomax was clear that fans should be partners in the running of the club not having to operate in the shadows. A proactive force rather than a reactive one.

Again, the strengthening of the Trust is one thing we need to improve to help the club as a whole. It needs new blood, it needs benchmarking against other trusts and it needs a greater turnover of personnel at the top for good governance. That will need more people getting involved but again, if the Trust is not seen as dynamic and devoid of a place on the board the more dynamic types will stay away. It's chicken and egg.

I agree though that those who have actually bothered to dedicate their time deserve a pat on the back. It must be a real headache.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21091 on: April 04, 2018, 15:53:35 pm »

Thanks for update Fez/Barton,
Would I be right in thinking that you are discussing how to approach the council to help facilitate the speculators to get land leases etc without any knowledge or cast iron, guaranteed agreement as to what is in it for our club? No, that is incorrect
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: April 04, 2018, 16:35:22 pm »

I understand what Random is saying and I understand what Roger is saying.

However the stance of the Trust working stealthily in the background is one chosen by the current board. Brian Lomax was clear that fans should be partners in the running of the club not having to operate in the shadows. A proactive force rather than a reactive one.

Again, the strengthening of the Trust is one thing we need to improve to help the club as a whole. It needs new blood, it needs benchmarking against other trusts and it needs a greater turnover of personnel at the top for good governance. That will need more people getting involved but again, if the Trust is not seen as dynamic and devoid of a place on the board the more dynamic types will stay away. It's chicken and egg.

I agree though that those who have actually bothered to dedicate their time deserve a pat on the back. It must be a real headache.
Tom, you're a great guy who I have a lot of respect for.

But you said all this two years ago, why haven't you got involved with us yet? You know who I am, I'm easily accessible, but I've never had the call.

Have some courage in your own convictions and stand for the board - as you are clearly dynamic enough to do it, and I don't know why you never have.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21093 on: April 04, 2018, 16:44:17 pm »

James. I just don't think I can dedicate enough time to it currently. I do think however if a few more passionate fans with ideas joined we could share the burden together. Probably what a trust is about thinking about it.

Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21094 on: April 04, 2018, 17:02:06 pm »

I'm sorry Tom but I'm not buying that. I can assure you I don't have all the time in the world myself either.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: April 04, 2018, 17:14:43 pm »

So here's the plea for any new people to get involved.

We could particularly do with tech savvy people who could maybe help us do an email shot every month for members, update our website and help run the social media - as well as the inevitable firefighting on here.

All ideas that have been in the pipeline for ages, but we don't have the personnel to dedicate the time to do it all.

PM me or email ntfc_trust@outlook.com if you can help.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 17:18:07 pm by FezNTFC » Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: April 04, 2018, 17:16:49 pm »

The Trust is there to represent the fans. You have had at least two meeting recently, one with NBC and one with KT. You have issued statements drafted as though you are bloody politicians, saying absolutely nothing of any substance other than come across as don't worry we know what is going on and we know best.

Again sorry but you were told / warned about DC for years, you (The Trust) were even in the boardroom yet you did and said nothing until it was basically too late. so why should we trust you now ?

Beds and I (and others) have asked on numerous occasions for information regarding the exact size and location of land / leases, of which you claim to have seen and still you do not communicate any information to us fans.

I don't understand with the Trust is that you all worked bloody hard and do loads of great work, give up your own valuable time, all for the good of NTFC, however when it comes to our club progressing and growing you all seem more than happy to sit on side, say nothing, demand or even ask for less, making sure you don't upset anyone in charge. I am sure i don't need to remind you that we have one of the smallest grounds in the country, one with one of the worst facilities, yet we must be one of only a few clubs that don't have a Prem / Championship club within 40 miles, all with a population of 250k on our doorstep. Our town can and should be supporting Championship football.

For almost 10 years now we have had a chairman who will not invest in anything medium term off the pitch. Once again we are back to League 2, history repeating itself again and again and again, and why?  Because just like Sammo said we have no plan, no identity, no vision, neither on or off the pitch.

So Roger the evidence is in the lack of evidence, in the lack of information, in the lack of questioning, in the lack of action. Please please please post on here, or a proper statement giving the exact details about what the Trust knows about the land and leases, who owns NTFC and what their plans are. I stood next to James at York away and said that KT will not develop the East stand, 2 years later I am still correct, another deadline has been and gone.

We, the fans want to know what is going on with our football club.
Derek, I will ask at the meeting tomorrow whether there is a map we can make public which can go into a bit more detail about which land is leased to who and what the plans are for it. I can't guarantee whether that's something I'll be able to do, but I will ask the question on your behalf.
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: April 04, 2018, 17:52:02 pm »

Fez/Barton,
I appreciate what a difficult position that you guys are in and respect what good work that you do.
But looking in from afar KT does not seem to want anything to do with the trust, other than keep you at arms length and feed out snippets of info when he wants..

The coach thing just about sums it all up...

What about Tony Clarke, could he be approached to advise or assist the Trust again? Has the experience and history.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21098 on: April 04, 2018, 17:57:05 pm »

Thanks Roger I do understand to a point but the same reasons are given every time and have been given for many years that it is confidential.

To me it is just an excuse, it has gone on too long, much of this information should be public.

I believe it is one of the reasons we are where we are, there is nothing for supporters to believe in and get behind, just another chairman keeping secrets and delaying redevelopment and investment.

KT and NBC wrote off £10m in a couple of meetings within a month yet has now taken both parties 3 years to reassign a lease.

What has KT done or said that has given the Trust so much confidence that they will take us forward as iwe have been going backwards ever since CW left

You can always pursue your agenda at the Trust Meeting tomorrow at 7.30pm; perhaps Beds as well?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21099 on: April 04, 2018, 18:20:54 pm »

Fez/Barton,
I appreciate what a difficult position that you guys are in and respect what good work that you do.
But looking in from afar KT does not seem to want anything to do with the trust, other than keep you at arms length and feed out snippets of info when he wants..

The coach thing just about sums it all up...

What about Tony Clarke, could he be approached to advise or assist the Trust again? Has the experience and history.
Tony Clarke is actually on the Trust board at the moment. He's been a big help and was with us during the first meeting with the council I believe.

Ultimately, Kelvin isn't that keen on having a supporters' elected member on the board. We broach the subject with him at regular opportunities and our hope is that one day we will finally convince him of the merits of having us on board.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: